My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like the turmoil between star point guard Rajon Rondo and head coach Rick Carlisle has regained focus.

Prior to their game against Oklahoma City, Rajon made it clear to coach Carlisle that he wanted to call at least 90% of the plays. He cited that being the playmaker and floor general is what makes him strive his best, and what would ultimately help maximize the trade that Dallas made earlier with Boston. For those that are unaware, Dallas gave away some promising prospects, along with some valuable draft picks for the former defensive guru. Carlisle has strongly maintained that he doesn't want anyone except himself calling the plays.

Earlier in the week there were rumors arousing that Rick Carlisle simply did not believe that Rajon had the same tools, or even the same basketball mind compared to Jason Kidd. For those that are unaware, Rick and Jason had similar beef before Kidd ultimately won Carlisle over with his basketball IQ. In case people haven't realized yet, this is an april fools joke. Carlisle has been reportedly so upset with the way Rondo has been acting at practice, that he has talked to the front office, including Mark Cuban, to attempt to resolve these issues.

Rondo is a known hot head in the league, having told off reporters and his coaches multiple times. At this point it's not a matter for Dallas whether or not they will make the playoffs, and it's becoming a even bigger question whether or not the bigger focus is this post-season, or just attempting to survive this season to fix the roster that seems to be a bit broken after the trade.

Things are not looking up for Dallas. Rondo will almost certainly not have the same trade value that he did earlier this year, and Rondo has reportedly made it clear that he won't be back next year. This is interesting considering there are multiple teams that have cited his interest including Houston, New York and Los Angelos, the former two contemplating max contracts. With Dirk aging, Tyson's injury issues this year, and Monta reportedly wanting the max, Dallas future is unclear as ever, and it makes you wonder if they will be starting their rebuild sooner than expected.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    In case people haven't realized yet, this is an april fools joke.
    Frizzle
    got

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    you Rondo. Carlisle is the coach. Not you.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please go to the Lakers. Please.

Believe.
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    It's wierd though. The article made be fake but most of it its true to a point. Rowanda is really not fitting well at Dallas.

The Knicks are definitely dumb enough to try and get him.

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I'm begging too

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    noPERIOD.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All jokes aside..he would be doing the Mavs a favour.. Look at these numbers for the Mavs starting lineup since Rnd arrived.

Rondo-Ellis-Parsons-Dirk-Chandler
    Mins: 455
    Off Rtg: 103.0
    Def Rtg: 106.7
    Net Rtg: -3.7

You switch Rondo with Nelson..

Nelson-Ellis-Parsons-Dirk-Chandler
    Mins: 254
    Off Rtg: 116.4
    Def Rtg: 103.6
    Net Rtg: 12.9

Are the Mavs better off just cutting this cancer now and hoping they can regain some of the old form in time for the playoffs? What are they not seeing?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rondo to the Lakers would be one of the funniest signings in sports history, tbh..it would be the final chapter of their destruction..

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Are the Mavs better off just cutting this cancer now and hoping they can regain some of the old form in time for the playoffs? What are they not seeing?
    The Ego of Mark Cuban.

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    All jokes aside..he would be doing the Mavs a favour.. Look at these numbers for the Mavs starting lineup since Rnd arrived.

Rondo-Ellis-Parsons-Dirk-Chandler
    Mins: 455
    Off Rtg: 103.0
    Def Rtg: 106.7
    Net Rtg: -3.7

You switch Rondo with Nelson..

Nelson-Ellis-Parsons-Dirk-Chandler
    Mins: 254
    Off Rtg: 116.4
    Def Rtg: 103.6
    Net Rtg: 12.9

Although the numbers look bad, check the schedules. Mavs played a ing easy one with Nelson, even Felton would have looked good. Rondo gives/gave the Mavs a shot at "more" than just an exciting team. I will wait until the Playoffs to say if it worked or not (or maybe i'm just still hoping...)

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    you Rondo. Carlisle is the coach. Not you.
    Falling for a April fools joke

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Falling for a April fools joke
    Lol I knew it all along. I decided to go along with the joke. I saw that sentence in the middle. Though the joke might not be far from the truth.

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Lol I knew it all along. I decided to go along with the joke. I saw that sentence in the middle.
    Suuuure

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    It turned out true.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'll have him in purple & gold next year, no worries,

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers