Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I think he's happy in Memphis. Got a three-year deal at his age and they're really good this year.
    And Memphis is much more awesome to use in 2k

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I think he's happy in Memphis. Got a three-year deal at his age and they're really good this year.
    Yeah he left Dallas because of like 3m total, pretty sure he would prefer 6m and a ring over 9m and no ring

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Kind of iffy about the Thunder, Findog. Depends how much time Durant will miss. He's been on and off the court and the reg season isn't even one-third done. Nawlins can sneak in if Durant's run-ins with injury persist
    No way the Thunder miss the playoffs imho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The mavericks approach to their roster is flawed in my view. They have no clue how to draft -they don't value their number one picks at all - they are not terrific at player development either. Most of their #1 picks stick around for a year or two and are then dealt for a veteran guy from another team.

As a result, they are constantly tearing up their roster resulting in zero continuity. They are going all in for this year, when it counts these guys may not know each other that well in the playoffs.

The owner and the GM in Dallas have no patience at all.
    Cuban has always been like this, throw at the wall and see what sticks. Ironically, once that it actually stuck he scratched it all up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a good thing. I don't mind Dirk getting two as long as it keeps Jim from repeating. Go Mav s!!!
    That would make Dirk > Kobe and as Manu > Dirk then it would be Manu >> Kobe

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Monta can shoot. Their entire team outside of Tyson/Rondo can.
    30% 3pt shooter.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Now that the Mavs have upgraded their biggest weakness, in terms of continuity, chemistry and veteran experience, regardless of the seeding, you have to put them and the Spurs, Thunder and Grizz in the mix for the conference le.

I think the Warriors have so much talent that even though they're very young and have only a couple playoff appearances under their belt, I wouldn't be surprised if they got hot and went on a long playoff run. I can't see the Clippers ultimately beating the Spurs or Thunder in a playoff series, but if they could somehow avoid both those teams for three rounds, I would categorize them as a darkhorse of sorts.

The Rockets and Blazers just don't seem like major threats to me. The Blazers are young and kind of thin after their core, and don't have a lot of playoff experience, and I just can't take any team seriously that has Harden and Bible Kemp as their "leaders," at least not for three straight rounds.

Don't sleep on Houston...I still don't think Rondo is a great fit with another ball dominant guard. We shall see...

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    great trade by the mavs. and it sounds like they're going to sign jermaine o'neal who has managed to still be serviceable. the western conference playoffs are gonna be wild.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Don't sleep on Houston...I still don't think Rondo is a great fit with another ball dominant guard. We shall see...
    Rondo is a gamble, no doubt. Worst-case scenario he gums up their offense and his impact on D isn't enough to lift them from where they are right now, which is 20th in team defense. Best-case scenario, he manages to fit into the offense without messing up their spacing and he significantly upgrades their perimeter D. I don't think they would have beaten any of the other West teams in a 7-game series, much less win three in a row. So it's a risk worth taking, because standing pat was not an option. I think they went into the season hoping the quartet of Nelson/Devin/JJB/Felton could shore up PG, but the results so far disabused them of that notion.

As for Houston, honestly, I think all of the West playoff teams ( right now New Orleans is #8 but I assume Thunder will eventually pass them), could beat any of the top five East teams (Raptors, Hawks, Cavs, Bulls, Wiz). It's just a matter of getting there. I could be wrong, but I don't see Houston winning three straight playoff series.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The GOAT Zach Lowe with a nice article on the Rondo trade, which I agree completely with. A trade that comes with a risk, but one that we probably needed to take. http://grantland.com/the-triangle/ra...las-mavericks/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Despite how ty Rondo is(IMO), I don't understand why so many doubters of this trade(which is stupid, the trade was a no-brainer) keep citing Brandon Wright as a key loss..

He's a really good 15-20MPG big man that can't defend the post and can't score for himself..good player, but will never be able to be a legit starting big man in the league..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Despite how ty Rondo is(IMO), I don't understand why so many doubters of this trade(which is stupid, the trade was a no-brainer) keep citing Brandon Wright as a key loss..

He's a really good 15-20MPG big man that can't defend the post and can't score for himself..good player, but will never be able to be a legit starting big man in the league..
    If they win the le or go to the finals, you will have to eat some major crow. I'm not buying the you typed above. Typical "win"/"win" scenario for Malik where no matter what happens he wins. Kind of like being a Spurs and Heat fan.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

agree, his trade value was never going to be higher and dem Mavs cashed in

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

At home?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Where your women sleep?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Where your children go to play?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rondo press conference upcoming on NBATV

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they win the le or go to the finals, you will have to eat some major crow. I'm not buying the you typed above. Typical "win"/"win" scenario for Malik where no matter what happens he wins. Kind of like being a Spurs and Heat fan.
    Cool?

I've learned not to buy into the acquisitions of big-name, washed up players after I got excited about the Richard Jefferson trade..any NBA forum is full of fans that get over-excited about ty, washed up players with big names, see: Spurs fans begging for Caron Butler and Danny Granger last year(Rondo is better than those guys, obviously, but the point remains)..

My opinion of the Mavs hasn't changed, regardless of Rondo..they are a 1st/2nd round team that won't sniff the Finals..bump this in May, tbh..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cool?

I've learned not to buy into the acquisitions of big-name, washed up players after I got excited about the Richard Jefferson trade..I probably hit 75%+ of my NBA predictions IMO, you can have your false hope..

My opinion of the Mavs hasn't changed, regardless of Rondo..they are a 1st/2nd round team that won't sniff the Finals..bump this in May, tbh..
    I've done the same, but lets face it.. the Mavs were not going anywhere with their current roster before the trade. A player that "isn't a top 20 PG" would not make the difference. Disagree?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^ I already said it's a good trade for the Mavs, I've repeated it several times..

They gave up nothing and took a risk at their worst position..taking a risk on Rondo is much better than having Jameer Nelson or Fat Felton as your starting PG..it's a no-brainer trade..

I just don't think Rondo can have a significant impact on an NBA team anymore..he literally hasn't done anything in 2 years to disprove that opinion..

Realistically, there aren't any other available players the Mavs could have traded for that would have made sense..their only major weakness, positionally, is PG, and Rondo was the only notable PG on the block..

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I think Rondo is like Robert Horry or Vince Carter: he's only good if he's in a good situation. By now means do you plan a parade, but I think the Mavs are getting a version of Rondo close to pre-2012.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Now that the Mavs have upgraded their biggest weakness, in terms of continuity, chemistry and veteran experience, regardless of the seeding, you have to put them and the Spurs, Thunder and Grizz in the mix for the conference le.

I think the Warriors have so much talent that even though they're very young and have only a couple playoff appearances under their belt, I wouldn't be surprised if they got hot and went on a long playoff run. I can't see the Clippers ultimately beating the Spurs or Thunder in a playoff series, but if they could somehow avoid both those teams for three rounds, I would categorize them as a darkhorse of sorts.

The Rockets and Blazers just don't seem like major threats to me. The Blazers are young and kind of thin after their core, and don't have a lot of playoff experience, and I just can't take any team seriously that has Harden and Bible Kemp as their "leaders," at least not for three straight rounds.
    Heard this same hype before the season by Mavs fans. I'll believe it when I see it. I think Rondo has dropped off since his injuries, especially defensively.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Heard this same hype before the season by Mavs fans. I'll believe it when I see it. I think Rondo has dropped off since his injuries, especially defensively.
    What are you basing that off of?

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    What are you basing that off of?
    What? His defense? How good he has been since his injuries?

This article sums it up nicely. http://grantland.com/the-triangle/ra...las-mavericks/

Can't fault the Mavs for making the trade, but I don't think they are getting 2010 Rondo. With what they gave up for him, either Wright is extremely overrated by Boston or (most likely) the league doesn't think that highly of him anymore. We will see. Getting interesting now.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I think Rondo is like Robert Horry or Vince Carter: he's only good if he's in a good situation. By now means do you plan a parade, but I think the Mavs are getting a version of Rondo close to pre-2012.
    Rondo has like a 6'10" wingspan. This helps him tremendously on the defensive end. Can't wait to see him match up with either of CP3, TP, Lillard, or Curry. Could be a long night for PGs that play the Mavs. His ability to play passing lanes is also elite. Great pick up for your Mavs.

Thread Information