Page 3 of 87 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TP is a ball hog, I wish we had Westbrook.

lol the takes on here sometimes
    Parker being a ballhog isn't the problem..the problem is that he is just an above average player nowadays..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of the best PG, no doubt... but on the Spurs? Not a chance.

Soft Like Twinkie Filling Juggity's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    anyone who thinks Westbrook is a better player or has more impact on the game than Durant. Just a bottom-tier opinion. Surely we haven't forgotten the DoK's PG theory already...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Respect RBs effort, but a lot of it is misplaced. And yes he's a beast, but he's a dumb ass beast.
    Exactly. Even tonight, they're up 6 with about a minute and a half left and he goes 1on 3 to the rim and misses. At that point time is WAY more important than padding the score and your stats. That stupidity can cost you a close playoff game.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really, really like Westbrook. Him and Perry Jones are the only players I cheer in OKC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry, running out of control with a "kill whitey" at ude isn't the 100% teams need. Sometimes the 100% includes getting teammates involved and actually playing solid basketball, not just trying to be a hero. Unfortunately most fans seem to prefer the heroics over the actual basketball fundamental play.
    Lord, I have to agree with DMC for once. Westbrook is an incredible talent, but talent alone doesn't make you a great player or a championship caliber team. I would take John Wall (just as athletic and a purer PG), Damien Lillard (more heady and mature game) and Stephen Curry before Russ. The refs bailed him out a ton in the first half until he had it rolling in the second and the Spurs didn't help matters with terrible execution down the stretch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he was a monster in the 2nd half. i gained a lot of respect for WB the player during/after the WCF last year. i yearn for the days when Parker would outplay him regularly...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he was a monster in the 2nd half. i gained a lot of respect for WB the player during/after the WCF last year. i yearn for the days when Parker would outplay him regularly...
    Tony doesn't have the same level of speed and quickness to negate or bother Westbrook. He matches up well against most any other PGs in the league, except the uber athletic types like Westbrook, Rose and Wall. Hopefully Tony can make him work a lot more on the defensive end during the next encounter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem Westbrook has is he takes a lot of ill advised shots and doesn't involve his teammates as much for a PG. This problem could have been solved easily had he been under a better coach. Otherwise his energy and effort isn't something you can question. Our PG Parker isn't better either at involving teammates
    Well yeah, I did just that. Effort isn't just grinding teeth, white knuckled roid rage. It's mental effort, sacrifice, becoming a better player not just a higher scorer. Running faster, attacking harder, dunking higher, those are athletic efforts. Russ needs mental efforts, sacrifices on the offensive end to get his teammates involved. It's not an effort if it comes naturally to you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I used to hate Westbrook and his game, but the strides he made during last year's playoffs helped win me over, tbh..

He had a great run and really outplayed Dominos for that entire stretch, and he was under control for the entire run..sure, he takes poor shots and makes questionable decisions at times, but to be fair, he plays for a terrible coach in the most ISO-centric system in the league..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well yeah, I did just that. Effort isn't just grinding teeth, white knuckled roid rage. It's mental effort, sacrifice, becoming a better player not just a higher scorer. Running faster, attacking harder, dunking higher, those are athletic efforts. Russ needs mental efforts, sacrifices on the offensive end to get his teammates involved. It's not an effort if it comes naturally to you.
    If you don't think Westbrook has become a better player, I don't even need to continue this conversation. Westbrook also plays for a coach who has no clue how to make his team together on the offensive end. So you don't think fighting for loose balls, play passing lanes for steals, going for offensive glass are effort plays? If those come naturally, why does Baynes (who is fairly an athletic guy) put up such a weak output?

I used to hate Westbrook and his game, but the strides he made during last year's playoffs helped win me over, tbh..

He had a great run and really outplayed Dominos for that entire stretch, and he was under control for the entire run..sure, he takes poor shots and makes questionable decisions at times, but to be fair, he plays for a terrible coach in the most ISO-centric system in the league..

This

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Westgawd

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe if you had Westbrook the Clips would finally win a ri--

just kidding

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow just last year he was "the most easily dislikable player in the NBA" and now this year all you guys are sucking his

Christ!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's definitely better than Parker who is on the decline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FRW

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In games like this, you're just not going to beat him when he's hitting circus shots. Need an enforcer. Hope he plays the Clippers before we see him so DeAndre, CP3 and Blake put him on his ass a few times and leave his body beat up (not hurt - I'd only wish that on Adams or Abaka).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Westbrook destroyed Parker as he said he would

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's good, but whenever they would say no one on the Spurs could store him... I couldn't help but keep laughing because our stopper is literally sitting on the bench . See ya next time OKC

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To think, the Thunder could have had 3 legitimate MVPs on the team. Not just "in the conversation" BS but real MVP caliber players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's definitely better than Parker who is on the decline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow just last year he was "the most easily dislikable player in the NBA" and now this year all you guys are sucking his

Christ!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's great but I'm not sucking his . I'll leave that to you.
    OMG..

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah he's so mmuch better than TP after 15 seasons in the league tbh. Agree w/ tlong Lillard @ 29 y/o will still be filling it up but Russ will be chucking 20 foot clankers twice as much as now b/c he can't dunk on centers anymore

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Op is becoming a huge got tbh..

rw rw is a freak of nature and reaching his prime.., that is his main talent that grants him 10 FTs per game. Other than that he is the same chucker he was 3 years ago. he is one of the worst 3 pts shooter of the league but why not taking 3-4 of those each game ?

And im not even gonna start with his clothes and his whinny touch

but but he is better than parker... No Sherlock

Thread Information