Page 5 of 87 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If there's one thing that Westbrook has going for him, it's that he's consistent with his chucking. Tony's a fool's gold player. Puts up nice reg season numbers but takes a nosedive in overall performance come playoff time. Not very reliable. Compare that to Duncan, Manu, and Leonard who have all proven to be clutch playoff performers(their efficiency doesn't drop off a cliff like Tony's)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If there's one thing that Westbrook has going for him, it's that he's consistent with his chucking. Tony's a fool's gold player. Puts up nice reg season numbers but takes a nosedive in overall performance come playoff time. Not very reliable. Compare that to Duncan, Manu, and Leonard who have all proven to be clutch playoff performers(their efficiency doesn't drop off a cliff like Tony's)
    I don't care if you on Tony, just do it with a proper argument and back it up with stats that ACTUALLY SUPPORT your argument. That first sentence had me laughing for a good 5 seconds tho props.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    since when being consistent with his chucking is a good thing ?

Despite the fact he takes a blablabla come PO time Parker has the same TS% than <3 Westbrook...

So your point is what ? Parker is a better RS player by TS% than RW and equals to RW during POs how this a bad thing ? duh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes TS% drops between RS and POs for Parker but .518 is still great considering his limitations and the attention he is getting from the defense while being a mediocre athlete that cannot chimp his way to the basket by walking on shorter PGs.
    .518 TS% is horrible...especially for a primary scoring option. It's like Iverson on lower volume. Still hurts your team(2013 Finals is a good example, 2004 playoffs against Lakers is another one)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    since when being consistent with his chucking is a good thing ?

Despite the fact he takes a blablabla come PO time Parker has the same TS% than <3 Westbrook...

So your point is what ? Parker is a better RS player by TS% than RW and equals to RW during POs how this a bad thing ? duh
    I wasn't talking about their overall game. You take everything into account(defense, passing, rebounding, impact, etc) and Russell kills Tony in the season and playoffs. I'm only discussing efficiency right now since that's the argument you wanted to make regarding Westbrook. You laughed at his chucking and I proved that his efficiency is comparable to Tony's during the most important part of the year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    .518 TS% is horrible...especially for a primary scoring option. It's like Iverson on lower volume. Still hurts your team(2013 Finals is a good example, 2004 playoffs against Lakers is another one)
    dude you cannot stop saying stupid stuff can you ?

.518 for a PG that don't go to the line for whatever reason and don't shoot the 3 is yes great.

So now we are comparing Iverson with Parker ? I take it for a compliment especially since RS Parker is at .551 TS% and Iverson .518 and PO Parker is at .518 and Iverson .489 knowing that HOFer Allen Iverson carried his team to a NBA final with a .48 TS% while Parker was a big part of 12-13 POs run with a .52 TS%.

Do I have to take from your post that Parker > Iverson tbh ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wasn't talking about their overall game. You take everything into account(defense, passing, rebounding, impact, etc) and Russell kills Tony in the season and playoffs. I'm only discussing efficiency right now since that's the argument you wanted to make regarding Westbrook. You laughed at his chucking and I proved that his efficiency is comparable to Tony's during the most important part of the year.
    No dude you are full of and I took your hands in the cookie jar. TS% has nothing to do with chucking, chucking is the amount of dumb shots you take, TS% does not measure that. Period.

The fact that an athletic freak like RW getting tons of FTs is not capable to get a higher TS% than Tony freaking Parker is whether a compliment for Parker or a testimony of RW being one of the worst chucker of the league.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dude you cannot stop saying stupid stuff can you ?

.518 for a PG that don't go to the line for whatever reason and don't shoot the 3 is yes great.
    .518 TS is for a point guard who's only notable skill is scoring. Parker isn't a good enough playmaker to make up for that awful efficiency.

So now we are comparing Iverson with Parker ? I take it for a compliment especially since RS Parker is at .551 TS% and Iverson .518 and PO Parker is at .518 and Iverson .489 knowing that HOFer Allen Iverson carried his team to a NBA final with a .48 TS% while Parker was a big part of 12-13 POs run with a .52 TS%.

Do I have to take from your post that Parker > Iverson tbh ?
    Not a compliment at all. Iverson's one of the worst cancers in NBA history.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No dude you are full of and I took your hands in the cookie jar. TS% has nothing to do with chucking, chucking is the amount of dumb shots you take, TS% does not measure that. Period.

The fact that an athletic freak like RW getting tons of FTs is not capable to get a higher TS% than Tony freaking Parker is whether a compliment for Parker or a testimony of RW being one of the worst chucker of the league.

Drawing free throws is a skill. You can't penalize Russell just because he's better at it than Tony.

Also, you like to pretend that Tony's just some unathletic Euro underdog that's gotten by in the NBA based on his skill when that's hardly the case. Tony has mostly depended on his quickness in order to be effective. He was considered the fastest player in the league for quite a few years. With this declining speed, his overall game has diminished as a result.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You gotta hand it to Russ though... last night, Speights was pushing him around, even kneed him in the mouth... he just got up and kept going at him. Yes, his shot selection can be bad, but you can never doubt the effort and the will to win. Came back early from both of his injuries, even if he had to wear a brace, because he cares about his team, his teammates, etc...

He's probably going to get better (the scary part) before his effectiveness drops off a cliff, like most players that strictly rely on speed and athleticism...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    chimpbroom destroyed by Elian gonzales

Exposed as the scrub he is imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FWIW, Curry is playing at an unbelievable level right now... he's not just a hero shooter anymore, but moving the ball, etc... he looks like the Hornets version of Chris Paul... unfortunately, he's not tough enough to go through an entire playoff run, IMO...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    .518 TS is for a point guard who's only notable skill is scoring. Parker isn't a good enough playmaker to make up for that awful efficiency.
    So RW is and Parker is better than him on TS% with much less chucking and on playmaking skill with an assist / tov ratio of 3,5 vs. 3 for RW and I'm not even talking assist hockey. You good man.

Not a compliment at all. Iverson's one of the worst cancers in NBA history.
    A HOFer, MVP that lead a squad to nba final but nonetheless a cancer I agree.

Good thing Parker is better than him and not a cancer... better TS%, better assist / ratio, better defender, better teammate . You a good man Johnny DIngo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You gotta hand it to Russ though... last night, Speights was pushing him around, even kneed him in the mouth... he just got up and kept going at him. Yes, his shot selection can be bad, but you can never doubt the effort and the will to win. Came back early from both of his injuries, even if he had to wear a brace, because he cares about his team, his teammates, etc...

He's probably going to get better (the scary part) before his effectiveness drops off a cliff, like most players that strictly rely on speed and athleticism...
    I knew a ElNono a bit more subtle than that but hey... recently it's a good time to be ElNono so let it fly

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FWIW, Curry is playing at an unbelievable level right now... he's not just a hero shooter anymore, but moving the ball, etc... he looks like the Hornets version of Chris Paul... unfortunately, he's not tough enough to go through an entire playoff run, IMO...
    Chimp has no business guarding Elian. If OKC is planning to do that they are getting swept in the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chimp has no business guarding Elian. If OKC is planning to do that they are getting swept in the playoffs.
    Now that the Warriors actually run a system, they're definitely a problem for OKC... OKC lost his best perimeter defender in Thabo over the summer and has not replaced him with anything. You have to wonder if that's the reason they're involved in trades right now...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I knew a ElNono a bit more subtle than that but hey... recently it's a good time to be ElNono so let it fly
    I was talking about Russ, not sure what you mean by subtle, tbh... looks like Ringo rattled you a bit... don't mind him, IMO...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drawing free throws is a skill. You can't penalize Russell just because he's better at it than Tony.
    Where did I penalize him ? this does not make any sense

You used TS% that includes FT shooting as indicator of chucking, TS% is not an indicator of chucking.

TS% is a measure of shooting efficiency that takes into account 3pts, 2pts and FTs. On this particular stat, let's sum up:
    RS. Parker > RW
    POs. Parker = RW

On chucking tho, in RS and POs RW >>>> Parker

see we agree

Also, you like to pretend that Tony's just some unathletic Euro underdog that's gotten by in the NBA based on his skill when that's hardly the case. Tony has mostly depended on his quickness in order to be effective. He was considered the fastest player in the league for quite a few years. With this declining speed, his overall game has diminished as a result.
    I'm not pretending he is unathletic... Parker is yes fast but he cannot dunk the ball (they are like what 10 players in the league who cannot dunk the ball), this particularity of being quick for whatever reason (call it lack of talent if you want...) does not help him get FTs. RW in the other hand gets tons of FTs... two explanations possible: dude just bullies people inside and get FTs by his athltecism or dude has a huge BB IQ (like Durant and Dirk) and sell very well fools to the referees, this same huge BB IQ that enables him to have a freaking great shot selection I guess.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was talking about Russ, not sure what you mean by subtle, tbh... looks like Ringo rattled you a bit... don't mind him, IMO...
    it's not like it would be the first time you go subtle on taking a jab at Parker, we never caught you doing so...

on a side note I'm not sure I understand your "because he cares about his team, his teammates, etc..." Does he care more about his team and teammates than an average nba player ?

He cares like that for instance ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's not like it would be the first time you go subtle on taking a jab at Parker, we never caught you doing so...

on a side note I'm not sure I understand your "because he cares about his team, his teammates, etc..." Does he care more about his team and teammates than an average nba player ?

He cares like that for instance ?

who are "we", tbh?

Of course he cares... he doesn't want to sit in the bench making sulking faces, staring down at teammates... he wants to be out there helping his team... he has a very emotional character, tbh... it can be both good and bad, but you want the guy that cares...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    who are "we", tbh?

Of course he cares... he doesn't want to sit in the bench making sulking faces, staring down at teammates... he wants to be out there helping his team... he has a very emotional character, tbh... it can be both good and bad, but you want the guy that cares...
    who are we ? people posting subtle on your quotes... I'm not the only... do you want me to do some research really ?

he doesn't want to sit in the bench making sulking faces, staring down at teammates... Like who ?

you are saying very emotional for childish I guess... He is an immature child... so yeah that's cute and all... and no I would not want to be that guy other than getting the pay day

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe you wouldn't want to have a teammate that behaves like Westbrook, but I'm certain you wouldn't want a teammate that will your wife, either, tbh..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's immature... no denying that... but that can be fixed and I'll always take the guy that goes balls out every night, tbh...

You have to look no further than CP3 for a guy that's full of excuses every year... and apparently lost a step too...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe you wouldn't want to have a teammate that behaves like Westbrook, but I'm certain you wouldn't want a teammate that will your wife, either, tbh..
    eh, more like you wouldn't want a wife that'll your teammate

Thread Information