Page 76 of 87 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,900 of 2166
    My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Yeah he can go down as this generations karl malone. Stats extraordinaire, but a playoff choker. No championships

and he spent most of his career with in Kevin Durant and still managed not to win .

al star games
    To Karl Malone's credit, he was never a net negative postseason player like Westbrook is this year. Malone accrued 234.6 win shares while Westchimp has a paltry 10.2. Malone averaged .208 ws/48 while Russ averages .143 thanks in large part to 2016. Karl Malone has two NBA championship trophies if not for Jordan; Westbrook's only NBA finals ended in a slap to the inferior Miami Heat.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Honestly, it's tough to talk basketball with Westbrook haters they're stuck on these old, boring talking points like rings and FG%, but Russ's impact goes way beyond that..

For hip-hop fans, he's like the 2Pac of his era(Iverson was, too)..it's easy to find "better" lyricists and poke holes in Pac's flawed songs, but it's the emotion, charisma, passion and connection to the people that made him special..

Russ is that from a basketball perspective..it's difficult to convey the meaning of his game to those who will never understand..
    Check out his career postseason numbers and think again. He's all about image and less about winning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can you imagine if Lamarcus had Melo and George next to him instead of Green and Kyle??

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This post sums up the sad state of Cancerchuck’s semen shielders

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Russell Westbrook is averaging a triple double and his advanced stats look like this.....

OWS: -.2 DWS: .2 WS: 0.0 WS/48: -0.001 OBPM: -2.3 DBPM: 3.8 BPM: 1.5 VORP: .1 SHOOTING: 29 for 79 (3-14 3pt) .367 FG% +/-: -25.3

B-b-but Westbrook doesn't have any help

If this was prime Parker, the forum would be ripping him to shreds calling for the corpse of Speedy Claxton to save the day.
    Last edited by Hoops Czar; 04-24-2018 at 02:04 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys care way too much about wins and losses, tbh

In the long run, there's no difference between losing in the 1st round and losing in the Finals..there's only 1 champion at the end of the season..

During every era of NBA basketball, there are a handful of players who will be remembered as transcendent stars and champions..

1990s: Jordan and Olajuwon
    2000s: Duncan, Kobe, Shaq, Nowitzki and KG
    2010s: LeBron, Wade, Steph

The rest are either supporting players or just stars who didn't win championships..in 40 years, kids will remember that Westbrook averaged a triple double in consecutive seasons, nobody will really care that he didn't win rings..they don't hold it against Barkley, Stockton, Kidd and the dozens of other stars that didn't lead their teams to les, tbh..

Not everybody plays to win championships, it takes a lot of luck and fortunate cir stances to win a le..Russ could leave OKC and bandwagon on a team like Durant did, but he would rather make history with triple doubles while entertaining the fans and keeping a ty place like OKC relevant..that city would collapse without Westbrook..
    He averaged a triple double because for two seasons, teammates have LITERALLY let hundreds of balls hit the floor so that he could skitter in and collect them. People will remember him like Iverson: a great talent but way too self absorbed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, it's tough to talk basketball with Westbrook haters they're stuck on these old, boring talking points like rings and FG%, but Russ's impact goes way beyond that..

For hip-hop fans, he's like the 2Pac of his era(Iverson was, too)..it's easy to find "better" lyricists and poke holes in Pac's flawed songs, but it's the emotion, charisma, passion and connection to the people that made him special..

Russ is that from a basketball perspective..it's difficult to convey the meaning of his game to those who will never understand..
    I understand his game perfectly. It's about him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Iverson carried scrubs to the finals. Though they didn’t win, people still point to that as a testament to his greatness. Not his highest scoring games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m sure casuals will slurp Westbrook the same way they did kobe when he was leading his team to first round exits (but look at his consecutive 35 point games!! )

at at least kobe has the hardware

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Iverson carried scrubs to the finals. Though they didn’t win, people still point to that as a testament to his greatness. Not his highest scoring games.
    Westbrook lucked out by playing with Durant for most of his career. If that doesn't happen he ends up having a similar legacy to Stephon Marbury which is a chronic loser that is a stat padder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When you have to say "winning isn't all that matters!" to defend a compe ive athlete...you need to unwrap your lips from his ballsack.

Look, there are obviously praiseworthy things about the guy...but there are also obvious criticisms about him too. If you find yourself only able to praise him even at his worst moments...once again. Mouth, balls. It's not a good look.
    Last edited by Arcadian; 04-24-2018 at 02:41 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair, those East teams were bad. Bucks and Pacers were not much of a threat compared to the West.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair, those East teams were bad. Bucks and Pacers were not much of a threat compared to the West.
    The Bucks series was also arguably the worst officiated series in NBA history..it was one of the series' in the Donaghy scandal IIRC..

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Check out his career postseason numbers and think again. He's all about image and less about winning.
    Porker fluffers probably shouldn't be using the "career postseason numbers" argument, tbh.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is what I mean, though, you guys are missing the nuance in Westbrook..

Chasing triple doubles is the game within the game..there are hundreds of thousands of fans(if not millions) who watch OKC games simply to see if Russ can achieve a triple double that night..there's a reason it was the biggest story in the NBA, last season..

The ASG is for the fans, they want to watch their favorite players giving effort in the game and Russ gives them that..not everything is about wins and losses..

The individual accolades speak for themselves, but it's even deeper with Russ..he could tone it down with the shots and become just another good player that nobody cares about, but he would rather be unique and must-watch basketball..
    Sounds like what you're saying is that every Thunder game is like an All-Star game. Complete with the token nod to actually trying to win.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Porker fluffers probably shouldn't be using the "career postseason numbers" argument, tbh.
    Tony Parker

#9 all time NBA Playoff points
    #5 all time NBA Playoff assists
    #7 all time NBA Playoff wins
    2007 FMVP
    4x Champion

Kiss his balls, HarlemNation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony Parker

2007 FMVP
    4x Champion

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can you imagine if Lamarcus had Melo and George next to him instead of Green and Kyle??

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Tony Parker

2007 FMVP
    4x Champion

Reality: Porker is the second biggest choke artist in playoff history.

https://tinyurl.com/yc3eqrsl

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd take Beastbrook over any version of porker.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd take MVParker over any version of Cancerchuck.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reality: Porker is the second biggest choke artist in playoff history.

https://tinyurl.com/yc3eqrsl
    And Garnett and D-Rob are top 10. And Rondo is bottom 5.

Does taking stats way out of context come naturally to you? Or did you take a class somewhere?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    easily.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine Russ learning the game from Tim, Pop and Manu

Thread Information