Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    I wonder what Trestman is contemplating. He has been rumored to be highly favored by many seeking a OC. Perhaps he's waiting to see what shakes up in ATL. Oakland is very comparable as they have a nice young QB as well, who is ascending. Perhaps he may think he has a shot at a HC spot somewhere. Probably not but who knows.
    Sup Seahawk fam...who do we put in Quinn's place when he leaves?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    I wonder what Trestman is contemplating. He has been rumored to be highly favored by many seeking a OC. Perhaps he's waiting to see what shakes up in ATL. Oakland is very comparable as they have a nice young QB as well, who is ascending. Perhaps he may think he has a shot at a HC spot somewhere. Probably not but who knows.
    Doubt he'll get a head coaching gig. But he's been on the Raiders staff before (was offensive coordinator when we made the Superbowl), and since JDR is a defensive guy he'd basically have full autonomy on the offense

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    Sup Seahawk fam...who do we put in Quinn's place when he leaves?
    I have no idea. I'm inclined to think a position coach would elevate, but who knows. But no matter what, we don't deviate for the most part from the scheme that has been in place for years, so I doubt we'd take anyone out of the wheelhouse that Pete has been in over the duration of his coaching years.

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    Doubt he'll get a head coaching gig. But he's been on the Raiders staff before (was offensive coordinator when we made the Superbowl), and since JDR is a defensive guy he'd basically have full autonomy on the offense
    Aside from Trestman, who do you perceive as being in the upper tier as far as potential OCs are concerned? Upper tier relative to what's available. Or just flat our preferences based on roster.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Aside from Trestman, who do you perceive as being in the upper tier as far as potential OCs are concerned? Upper tier relative to what's available. Or just flat our preferences based on roster.
    Thankfully our current coordinator Olsen is likely gone. He's interviewing with the jags today

Koetter was one of the big names and Tampa landed him. Kyle Shanahan is another name being flung around but I really don't get why.

I also like Musgrave (currently Eagles QB coach).

My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    I have no idea. I'm inclined to think a position coach would elevate, but who knows. But no matter what, we don't deviate for the most part from the scheme that has been in place for years, so I doubt we'd take anyone out of the wheelhouse that Pete has been in over the duration of his coaching years.
    Like a Norton or Seto...I can definitely see that. Bradley left and the engine got stronger and Quinn will inevitably leave and we will continue to follow Pete's vision. In Petey we trust!

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    Thankfully our current coordinator Olsen is likely gone. He's interviewing with the jags today

Koetter was one of the big names and Tampa landed him. Kyle Shanahan is another name being flung around but I really don't get why.

I also like Musgrave (currently Eagles QB coach).
    Holden_Caulfield. Yeah Shanahan is just a name right now. You probably hit your head on the ceiling when they ruled out Sparano eh?

Like a Norton or Seto...I can definitely see that. Bradley left and the engine got stronger and Quinn will inevitably leave and we will continue to follow Pete's vision. In Petey we trust!
    I like Norton myself. But I like the fact that we have exceptional position coaches. I don't want to give that up , although I would imagine there would be some dissention in the ranks if no one ever got promoted.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Pot Roast to follow Del Rio?

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Raiders expected to announce hiring of Jack Del Rio today
    Jack Del Rio
    Defense-minded version of Norv
    Raiders

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Yeah but Pagano is staying put

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Former NFL defensive end Hugh Douglas did not hold back when criticizing Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio for his handling of the team's quarterback situation and alleged lack of trustworthiness. "If there was ever a head coach that needs to be punched in the face for not being truthful to his players, it has to be Jack Del Rio," Douglas said (WEEI).

Raiders

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    eh, the raiders could have hired anybody and you'd say " raiders"

let it all out

you're a phony Holden_Caulfield's Avatar
    My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    i still remember when del rio shocked the world by saying leftwich is the starting qb then he got outplayed in preseason and got outright cut

those were the good old days

My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    The Raiders and Chargers squabble is hilarious.

you're a phony Holden_Caulfield's Avatar
    My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    you guys can have bradley back lol

My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    you guys can have bradley back lol
    Sure. Send us Sen'Derrick too while you're at it...

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    poor bills tbh.. already lost their two best assets.

My Team
    Washington Redskins
    Post Count
    Raiders should of went all in for Quinn, Shanahan, even go across the bay and interview Fangio. I don't think De Rio is a good coach at all.

My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    Tomsula is the yes man...err, coach next-up for the 49ers.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Tomsula is the yes man...err, coach next-up for the 49ers.
    and he wants to make dennis allen the defensive crdinator

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Niners FO clearly has no idea wtf they're doing. Back to the dark ages it is ...

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    and he wants to make dennis allen the defensive crdinator
    Allen was a great ing DB coach for the Saints and would have been their D-coordinator had Ryan been let go.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Niners FO clearly has no idea wtf they're doing. Back to the dark ages it is ...
    I figured you just tossed the bottle into the river, 'bout ready to jump off the bridge after hearing this.

I imagine we'll lose Fangio now.

i like Tomasula but this reeks of Jed turning into Dan Snyder. .

Least Tomasula is a guy that players like. Guess I'm grasping at straws because I don't know what to think.
    I'll just hope for the best.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    I figured you just tossed the bottle into the river, 'bout ready to jump off the bridge after hearing this.

I imagine we'll lose Fangio now.

i like Tomasula but this reeks of Jed turning into Dan Snyder. .

Least Tomasula is a guy that players like. Guess I'm grasping at straws because I don't know what to think.
    I'll just hope for the best.
    they're looking and Dennis Allen or Jason Tarver as their new defensive coordinator

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    they're looking and Dennis Allen or Jason Tarver as their new defensive coordinator
    Well Pelicans78 makes me feel better about Allen. He might be fine as a D-coordinator. It's hard to assess Raiders coaches when Cryptkeeper was pulling the strings.

either way, I'm just hoping for the best.

Thread Information