Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
    Post Count
    I hope, for your sake, that you don't actually believe the that you post.
    You think it did?

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Michael Richardson, the student assistant that hit the WVU players yesterday, has been permanently dismissed from the program.

My Team
    Mississippi State Bulldogs
    Post Count
    Was out enjoying life. You need to get one btw.
    dumbjohn.....you ducked that sammich last night quicker than Aggy ducked Texas.

Post Count
    Sumlin is so bold for dimissing a lowly student assistant. Start dismissing Rivals 100 guys, then I'll be impressed.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Michael Richardson, the student assistant that hit the WVU players yesterday, has been permanently dismissed from the program.
    Actually it says fired.
    Which implies he was being paid and did not just happen to show up on the sideline.

Good for Sumlin for axing this clown who should never have been on the sideline. I like how poor Michael said he got lost in the heat of the moment... two separate moments. Yes that excuse will cover it. Anger management supplied by Sumlin next I guess so he can one day become a productive member of society. Maybe Kevin Garnett will take him in.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Sumlin is so bold for dimissing a lowly student assistant. Start dismissing Rivals 100 guys, then I'll be impressed.
    you're a handful

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Actually it says fired.
    Which implies he was being paid and did not just happen to show up on the sideline.

Good for Sumlin for axing this clown who should never have been on the sideline. I like how poor Michael said he got lost in the heat of the moment... two separate moments. Yes that excuse will cover it. Anger management supplied by Sumlin next I guess so he can one day become a productive member of society. Maybe Kevin Garnett will take him in.
    No. He was dismissed. A&M release:

Quote:Statement from Texas A&M Head Football Coach Kevin Sumlin:

"Upon returning to College Station last night, I had the opportunity to gather information and watch clips of one of our student assistant coaches initiating physical contact on two separate occasions with a West Virginia player. I am extremely disappointed and embarrassed, as his behavior reflected poorly on our program.

"On behalf of the Texas A&M football program, I want to apologize to Darryl Worley and to Andrew Buie as well as to Coach Holgorsen and the West Virginia family for the inexcusable actions of the student assistant. I removed him from the sideline at halftime of yesterday's game after being informed of the incidents and, after further review, have permanently dismissed him from our football program.

"I also want to apologize to the Aggie faithful, as they deserve a program to be proud of, not only in our play, but in the integrity and respect we show on and off the field. This student assistant coach's actions are not representative of our program."

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    No. He was dismissed. A&M release:

Quote:Statement from Texas A&M Head Football Coach Kevin Sumlin:

"Upon returning to College Station last night, I had the opportunity to gather information and watch clips of one of our student assistant coaches initiating physical contact on two separate occasions with a West Virginia player. I am extremely disappointed and embarrassed, as his behavior reflected poorly on our program.

"On behalf of the Texas A&M football program, I want to apologize to Darryl Worley and to Andrew Buie as well as to Coach Holgorsen and the West Virginia family for the inexcusable actions of the student assistant. I removed him from the sideline at halftime of yesterday's game after being informed of the incidents and, after further review, have permanently dismissed him from our football program.

"I also want to apologize to the Aggie faithful, as they deserve a program to be proud of, not only in our play, but in the integrity and respect we show on and off the field. This student assistant coach's actions are not representative of our program."
    http://espn.go.com/college-football/...ineers-players

So was he paid? Was it a job? Was he part of the staff?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    : The other stuff you are bringing up is laughable and you are reaching really hard. There were some questionable targeting penalties and that hit in the nuts was not intentional. Playing hard and physical doesn't put anyone in a bad light.
    Sumlin did the right thing with the SAC. Still, there was no other suitable option for Sumlin outside of termination for a low level coach like that.

There is no way you can say with certainty that the nut punch was not intentional. You don't know that. Can you read minds? I've don't recall seeing that kind of play before in all the years I've watched football - on a kicker at least.

The defensive players approached or crossed the line on some of those hits by going high to the head. It was not good, smart football IMO - as you said before, this is part of the reason why Sumlin is culling his defensive staff. They have to play better and with more poise.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    paypal: [email protected]

It was some 20 year old student assistant who was sent home at halftime. Idiot move by the kid and he doesn't deserve to be on the sidelines anymore but it was just a kid who made a mistake. Not some coach on salary or something.

sent.

Thread Information