Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    Duke Blue Devils
    Post Count
    When your program relies solely on hiking the ball before your opponent is set, you are not a serious contender for D1 Championship

failagain

My Team
    Mississippi State Bulldogs
    Post Count

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Boise State Broncos
    Post Count
    Gimmickgon
    Phil Knight trying and failing to buy a national le every year

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    So being a top 10 team over the past 5-6 years doesnt make them an elite program? Please. Oregon has been a damn good team and will continue to be a damn good team. Trust me, I'm a Texas fan, and I would kill to have the last 5-6 years Oregon has had...

My Team
    Duke Blue Devils
    Post Count
    So being a top 10 team over the past 5-6 years doesnt make them an elite program? Please. Oregon has been a damn good team and will continue to be a damn good team. Trust me, I'm a Texas fan, and I would kill to have the last 5-6 years Oregon has had...
    They are very good but not Elite. On the same level as Clemson.

My Team
    Boise State Broncos
    Post Count
    They are very good but not Elite. On the same level as Clemson.
    Clemson's above Chokegon.

You must not know what the word elite means.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Kind of like you don't what BMI means, fatty.

My Team
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Post Count
    And you think Oregon is elite???

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    When your program relies solely on hiking the ball before your opponent is set, you are not a serious contender for D1 Championship
    Soley?

The Oregon offense also challenges depth. Really good programs can attract compe ion at every position. So no one is indespensable. OSU could change troops and still have a top team.

And you think Oregon is elite???
    2010...12-1
    2011...12-2
    2012...12-1
    2013...11-2
    2014...Play for the National le

Looks pretty elite to me.

My Team
    Boise State Broncos
    Post Count
    2010...12-1
    2011...12-2
    2012...12-1
    2013...11-2

Was Dan Marino an elite QB, did he ever win a SB?

Nobody in sprintdom history has ever ran more sub10.00's than Jamaican Asafa Powell, yet he has never won an Olympics, he's not elite?

Jim Kelly was not elite?

Barry Sanders not elite?

The 2014 Dallas Cowboys not elite?

Michigan once went 4 seasons and never lost a game, but are they still elite?

Are SB champs...Rams/Bears/Buc's/Jets....still elite?

Is Texas still elite? How about Nebraska?

SMU still elite? How about Washington?
    Last edited by Avante; 01-13-2015 at 10:25 PM.

My Team
    Duke Blue Devils
    Post Count
    Was Dan Marino an elite QB, did he ever win a SB?

Nobody in sprintdom history has ever ran more sub10.00's than Jamaican Asafa Powell, yet he has never won an Olympics, he's not elite?

Jim Kelly was not elite?

Barry Sanders not elite?

The 2014 Dallas Cowboys not elite?

Michigan once went 4 seasons and never lost a game, but are they still elite?

Are SB champs...Rams/Bears/Buc's/Jets....still elite?

Is Texas still elite? How about Nebraska?

SMU still elite? How about Washington?
    Nope

So why are Marino/Sanders/Kelly all in the Hall of Fame?

All those schools I mentioned were National Champions.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Avante's curse is elite

My Team
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Post Count
    2010...12-1
    2011...12-2
    2012...12-1
    2013...11-2

looks can be deceiving.

A gimmicky offense that compiles up wins against a majority of schools that can't handle that system. However on the big stage that gimmicky offense has produced a combined 39 points for a team that averages well into the 40s and zero national les is not elite.

Maybe someday they will get there, but not now.

looks can be deceiving.

A gimmicky offense that compiles up wins against a majority of schools that can't handle that system. However on the big stage that gimmicky offense has produced a combined 39 points for a team that averages well into the 40s and zero national les is not elite.

Maybe someday they will get there, but not now.
    Wrong as usual.

Any power five team that wins as many games as they do and is always ranked high is an elite program. Only a fool wouldn't get that.

Every four years the fastest sprinters in the world line up in that Olympic 100m final, so only the winner was elite? Since 2000 only four sprinters have won that Olympic 100m gold, so only those four were elite?

You're wrong, again.

My Team
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Post Count
    Nah

Oregon was a nothing program until Mr. Knight came along. The state of Oregon has very few DI college football athletes so Oregon had to carve itself out as a niche program to become relevant. The right coach, support, etc... allowed them to become very successful for the niche program that they currently are.

When you have to run a gimmick offense to compete you are not elite. You can win a bunch of game and still not be elite.

Nah

Oregon was a nothing program until Mr. Knight came along. The state of Oregon has very few DI college football athletes so Oregon had to carve itself out as a niche program to become relevant. The right coach, support, etc... allowed them to become very successful for the niche program that they currently are.

When you have to run a gimmick offense to compete you are not elite. You can win a bunch of game and still not be elite.
    Couldn't be more wrong if you worked at it. Damn you're dumb.

My Team
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Post Count
    Not an elite program

Have had an elite team or two, but having blips on the radar over a hundred + years of football does not make you an elite program.

Minnesota is more of an elite program than Oregon. Minnesota had a longer, better run than Oregon in the 1930s early 40s.

Dealt with a lot of Oregon fans the past 12 days on Ohio State forum(s). Most of them came across as very delusional and drank way to much Nike Kool-Aid and knew very little about actual football, just that there players were "fast". Sounds an awfully lot like you actually, delusional and not very knowledagble.

Not an elite program

Have had an elite team or two, but having blips on the radar over a hundred + years of football does not make you an elite program.

Minnesota is more of an elite program than Oregon. Minnesota had a longer, better run than Oregon in the 1930s early 40s.

Dealt with a lot of Oregon fans the past 12 days on Ohio State forum(s). Most of them came across as very delusional and drank way to much Nike Kool-Aid and knew very little about actual football, just that there players were "fast". Sounds an awfully lot like you actually, delusional and not very knowledagble.
    Damn you're dumb, wow~~~~~~~~~~~

Stupid, Yale has won about a dozen National Championships, now think ya ing moron. Army has won the National Championship. Chicago University...National Champion.

Gimmick offense?

There was a high jumper back in the day who did it differently. his name was Fosbury and he went to Oregon State. He approached the bar from a more rigid angle and then did a funky back flip. Today that is how everyone does it. The Fosbury flop.

Hmmmm?
    Last edited by Avante; 01-14-2015 at 11:23 AM.

My Team
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Post Count
    Yale has won about a dozen National Championships
    Yep.

Army has won the National Championship.
    Yep

Chicago University...National Champion.
    Yep

And all of that information is not relevant to Oregon and being an elite program.

Gimmick offense?
    Yep.

There was a high jumper back in the day who did it differently. his name was Fosbury and he went to Oregon State. He approached the bar from a more rigid angle and then did a funky back flip. Today that is how everyone does it. The Fosbury flop.
    Good for Mr. Fosbury. Still doesn't make Oregon's football program elite at the moment.

Thread Information