Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These so-called 'mainstream big three fans' aren't saying Parker is better than Kawhi or that the Big Three are better players than anyone else in the roster, a response you've been tirelessly (yet miraculously failing to elicit) draw from the flock of posters here. These people aren't saying Parker > Leonard, but these people have been Spurs fans long enough to know what Parker can do, and there is still hope for him to recover in the season, just as much as there is hope Leonard can pull up his stats after the disgusting eye infection that has been a crutch for Leonard's proponents, as well as the bizarre hand injury that certified his status as an incrementally useful player. All arguments backing up Kawhi still hinges on an expectation that he's going to improve given the chance, but the guy is a china doll with a brand new iso game that slows down the motion offense which paved the way for the fifth le last season. His mid-range game is still shaky and his three-ball hasn't always been there. Time and again, pundits have slammed Ginobili (who just scored 20 points hours ago, by the way) and it's fair to establish Parker is going downhill from here, but he deserves the benefit of the doubt, especially in the regular season. It's comical that people have been arguing and jumping off the cliff when the team hasn't played fully healthy, as look_at_g_shred has pointed out, and that the season has barely passed the All-Star break. Everyone knows you're definitely trolling, starting fires here and there, and it's pathetic and disgusting.
    Parker supposedly hasn't been fully healthy for 1 1/2 seasons, even with a full summer off. All the evidence suggests that it is more likely that Parker's current level of play is his new normal than him returning to all star status.

By the way, Kawhi's amazing play in two straight finals appearances more than earns him any benefit of the doubt. The guy can flat out play. The Spurs' mighty struggles in two straight seasons in games that he's been out clearly shows that he and Duncan are more important to this team than anyone else, tony included.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://vorped.com/1-nba/2014-2015/pl...ker/shotchart/

I would say 85% of those shots taken in those areas which Tony has taken an abundance of came at the expense of better ball movement. Reality is if we move the ball we will get a open three or layup. Unless Tony regains his attacking ability he is useless to us.
    Last edited by Nathan89; 01-15-2015 at 12:34 AM.

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker supposedly hasn't been fully healthy for 1 1/2 seasons, even with a full summer off. All the evidence suggests that it is more likely that Parker's current level of play is his new normal than him returning to all star status.

By the way, Kawhi's amazing play in two straight finals appearances more than earns him any benefit of the doubt. The guy can flat out play. The Spurs' mighty struggles in two straight seasons in games that he's been out clearly shows that he and Duncan are more important to this team than anyone else, tony included.
    Loki's wager. No terms of reference, no comparative stats, two different players, apples and oranges. No definition of 'evidence' and even if there were, you're comparing a player on the rise (keeps getting derailed by injuries) and a player on the slide. I agree that his amazing play is only going to get more amazing, but I wouldn't count out anyone (maybe except Daye) til the season comes to a close. Parker might not have been fully healthy last season, but he was key in the seven-game Dallas series. He isn't consistently bad. As much as I'd like to point out certain chunks and portions of this season and the last, any assessments are still premature. My only issue here is that Pop might be too stubborn and keep on waiting for a fully healthy squad, but I wouldn't particularly point to specific players when they are the same set of players that won a le from last season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://vorped.com/1-nba/2014-2015/pl...ker/shotchart/

I would 85% of the shots taken in those area which Tony has taken an abundance of came at the expense of better ball movement. Reality is if we move the ball we will get a open three or layup. Unless Tony regains his attacking ability he is useless to us.
    Yep, his midrange shooting has always been in the 30s-low 40s % range. Huge ing lie that he is a deadly midrange shooter.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, his midrange shooting has always been in the 30s-low 40s % range. Huge ing lie that he is a deadly midrange shooter.
    He's taking a lot of them without initiating the ball movement that makes the offense great. Danny green could chuck threes from 6ft behind the 3pt line and still net more points than tps midrange 2 pointers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    rebounds and steals? this isn't 2011..

kawhi is needed to defend, rebound, steal and score..

Kawhi is the best scorer, best defender..hard to even compare the two.
    Kawhi is the best scorer? Okay.

Kawhi is a lot of things, and he's the biggest difference maker on our team in the RS, but he is definitely not our best scorer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is the best scorer? Okay.

Kawhi is a lot of things, and he's the biggest difference maker on our team in the RS, but he is definitely not our best scorer.
    The number 1 scorer in the team right now.

Continue being a mainstream big 3 fan though and denying facts.

18PPG in the last 10 games before he got injured...The highest in the team.

Again continue being a big 3 mainstream fan.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope that Parker's ego will not prevent him from allowing Leonard the opportunity to grow offensively. He needs to take tips from Duncan on how to gracefully let go of the offensive reigns. The future success of this team depends on growth in the youngsters' games. Green has improved drastically this year - benefitting from the injuries and the opportunity to drive and score/pass while still maintaining defensive intensity. When Leonard comes back from injury, I hope that Pop will allow him the freedom to grow offensively too, but I fear that he'll be so focused on winning games that KL won't get that chance. I like where the Spurs are in the standing - in the POR/MEM/LAC bracket. Let OKC (if they make the playoffs) deal with GSW and HOU. Just get everyone healthy and work on team chemistry - home court won't be that important if health and chemistry are fine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    12 shots in 22 minutes..Wow.

If the spurs are going to lose, it's because this guy thinks he deserves more shots than Kawhi..

Painful.
    Shut up

Thread Information