Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    a lot of got foreigners are Patriot fans. Weird imo
    why because of the name "patriots"?

They have a huge fan base in ...England

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    I'm also wanting to say that the year BEFORE the Pats vs. Raiders "tuck rule game"....it was called against the Pats. That's why Bill said he was aware of the rule during his post game press conference....
    Bill referred to some play with Testaverde imo, but that was nothing like the Tuck play in the Raiders game

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    Bill referred to some play with Testaverde imo, but that was nothing like the Tuck play in the Raiders game
    From Wikipedia (take it with a grain of salt....but I believe it to be legit)

Jets vs. Patriots (2001)[edit]

The tuck rule was called in Week 2 of an NFL regular season match-up on September 23, 2001, between the New England Patriots and the New York Jets.[3] In the waning minutes of the second quarter, Patriots' defensive end Anthony Pleasant apparently forced Jets quarterback Vinny Testaverde to fumble the ball. Patriots' defensive end Richard Seymour made a recovery.[4] The call was overturned upon review and ruled an incomplete with the tuck rule cited. The Jets would go on to tie the game with a field goal on that drive and then eventually win in overtime.
    In the aftermath of the Tuck Rule Game, Patriots head coach Bill Belichick referred to this game, telling ESPN, "I knew what the ruling should have been because we had dealt with that play a little bit earlier in the year on the other side of it."[5]

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    Still doesn't change the fact....what the is Ray Lewis running his mouth for? He has no dog in this fight....

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Yeah that play looked much more like an incompletion, not like with Brady walking off dejected after coughing up the ball.

Lewis could be bringing this up because he's pissed about the recent Ravens loss.

but his main point is spot on, the rules are written by lawyers with too much room for interpretation or manipulation. It's not just the tuck rule, it goes on too much. "Element of time", "football move". Worst is when that Hochuli puts his own lawyer spin on bs calls.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Yeah that play looked much more like an incompletion, not like with Brady walking off dejected after coughing up the ball.

Lewis could be bringing this up because he's pissed about the recent Ravens loss.

but his main point is spot on, the rules are written by lawyers with too much room for interpretation or manipulation. It's not just the tuck rule, it goes on too much. "Element of time", "football move". Worst is when that Hochuli puts his own lawyer spin on bs calls.
    i never had an issue with the tuck rule. i have an issue with the call they made in that game. it's referred to as "the tuck rule game" but i contend that the tuck rule shouldn't have applied to the fumble.

i'm fine with the ruling on Dez's catch because i've seen them make that same ruling over and over again, just not on that big of stage. they're really consistent with the "going to the ground" calls. i remember when it happened to the raiders against SD like 5 years ago and i was pissed as , making all the same arguments cowboys fans have made for the past week. but i was wrong, and i saw the same application to calvin most notably. they're consistent with it, which is why i'm good with that rule/call.

for the tuck though, i feel brady did tuck the ball, but the fumble came after the entire tuck process was complete. i'm mostly annoyed when people say "it was a dumb rule, but it was the right call" instead of just saying "yeah the pats got away with one. it happens"

My Team
    Indianapolis Colts
    Post Count
    why because of the name "patriots"?

They have a huge fan base in ...England
    geographical cuckoldry tbh

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    geographical cuckoldry tbh

Thread Information