Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, I didn't know he could knock down shots from outside like that, that's sick. If he can knock those down, he's going to be a huge help, he can even play backup SF.
    Apparently he can knock down mid range shots with consistency and appears to now have a 3 point shot from the corner.

If he sticks, then I expect Ayres to also be packing his bags. He's 3/4 inches shorter than Ayres but with a higher standing reach and wider wingspan.

I had expected Ayers to have a decent mid range jumper, but apparently it is non-existent even when he played in the Summer League.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People believed in Austin Daye?

Dude had NBA bust written all over him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I had high hopes the Spurs could develop Daye but he's failed to make significant improvement in any aspect of the game. Green has made steady improvement so I like this move. Hopefully if Green does well it will allow KA to spend some time in Austin getting the playing time he desperately needs to move forward.
    They could have sent (and still can) KA to Austin any time. This move in no way facilitates that. If anything, Kawhi's return allows it.

I'm not sure they want him up there right now. They've had more opportunities to send him for a game up there, and have only done it once. They may want him working exclusively with Chip and Chad, and not with the farm team coaches.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't care that we got Green. Just happy your favorite player left the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People believed in Austin Daye?

Dude had NBA bust written all over him.
    My problem is that he was picked one slot outside of the lottery in 2009, was 25 YO and in the league for more than 5 years this summer, and people were still talking about potential. First round picks are usually given extra chances, and he was, but at the point last summer when the Spurs picked up his option, he HAD no potential. When you've already bounced off your rookie contract, and are signing for minimum, you are what you are.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't blame the Spurs for holding onto him to start the season. They have to find a Bonner replacement and he was a bird in hand.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My problem is that he was picked one slot outside of the lottery in 2009, was 25 YO and in the league for more than 5 years this summer, and people were still talking about potential. First round picks are usually given extra chances, and he was, but at the point last summer when the Spurs picked up his option, he HAD no potential. When you've already bounced off your rookie contract, and are signing for minimum, you are what you are.
    I don't think folks were looking at him and expecting a regular rotation guy. At best, he would have been a good Bonner replacement. However, Bonner has been playing great recently and doesn't need a replacement just yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep. A few posters on here were making comparisons to Danny Green as far as potential, even though both players are from the same draft class.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Daye is obviously a terrible player..He was never a cancer to the team though and I very much appreciated his energy cheering for the team.

All the best Austin!

Tom rivers might sign him for a 10 day deal.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep. A few posters on here were making comparisons to Danny Green as far as potential, even though both players are from the same draft class.
    I think Daye himself was comparing himself with Danny Green.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My mistake. Still doesn't really change things. Highly highly unlikely both Ayres and Baynes will be back next year. That's where Green makes sense.
    All true. Just FYIing. Wonder if we'll see Ayres moved for a wing at some point. Green doesn't provide depth there at all, and Ayres is sort of the 15th man now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All true. Just FYIing. Wonder if we'll see Ayres moved for a wing at some point. Green doesn't provide depth there at all, and Ayres is sort of the 15th man now.
    It's pretty crowded now at any position. The only player I think the Spurs are targeting would be Ray Allen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would have rather waived one of our other guys like Baynes or Bonner

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ha?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Green has had some impressive games in the league, looking forward to see how he transitions in the NBA.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Waive Baynes???? The only real intimidator that the Spurs currently have???

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Woj outscooping our local hacks
    All it tells me is that he got it from the league office when it passed their desk. A beat reporter is not likely to fix the locals being shut out from the club and have their spokespeople talk to them like they are idiots. We all laugh along as Pop sets the tone in his interviews.

I'm glad Pop told the clearchannel people to go get ed and excommunicated them. It's been in the last few years that games stopped showing on KABB.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the last games, Pop barely put Ayers and Baynes. The rotation players are Tim-Tiago-Boris-Bonner...

Baynes has had back problems

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude why does everyone hate Daye? I don't get it. I am a little disappointed with this move, but I don't think it will ruin us obviously. Daye is long, stretches the floor, can create his own shot, and plays serviceable defense. Is he a starter, no. But he is a fringe rotation player. So please tell me what I am not seeing? Where are his monumental shortcomings? Why do spurs fans hate this guy?
    every player in the nba is garbage on this board, this board is filled with haters plain and simple.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does this guy play SF because that's where we need depth?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does this guy play SF because that's where we need depth?
    Not currently. If you squint he might be a combo forward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How's his defense and rebounding, particularly his defensive rebounding?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it's a good signing. I liked Daye. He would shoot it. We need a high energy guy that can get some 5050 balls and offensive rebounds. I was hoping Baynes would be this guy, but so far not as impressive as last year. Hope green gets some pt

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was wondering why was Daye waived over Error?

Then I see that Green can hit mid-range and 3s.

Thread Information