Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Natural
    Which are the best?

Some say wheatgrass. With the following caveats:
    1. Clip the white root as well as the green top. Roots said to have more of the goodies anyways. As long as no dirt gets scooped up, obviously. Side bennie the root tastes way better.

2. Do the dental swish for 30 - 60 seconds. Instead of immediately swallowing. Mixing with saliva, just like when eating food, said to greatly enhance the benefit.

3. On empty stomach, preferably first thing in the morning. Don't eat for 30 - 60 minutes after that.
    Seems to level off the blood sugar and give a nice upper. Therefore getting a lift and feeling balanced, one's next eating choice is not impulsive.

Juice shop owner dude thinks while 'grass is good, he thinks these are even better:

1. Cur in, the main active ingredient in turmeric. He says to combine with
    1a piperine, and extract of black peppar. Surfing the web i found this:
    Unfortunately, cur in is poorly absorbed into the bloodstream. It helps to consume black pepper with it, which contains piperine… a natural substance that enhances the absorption of cur in by 2000%
    Boswellia, a plant native to Africa and Asia produces have shown some promise as a treatment for asthma and various inflammatory conditions. < this is just from Wiki people, i have not researched.

Juice shop owner was not trying to sell me these as supplements. We know how that goes.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Ibuprofen
    Aspirin if you need to feel like your taking something "natural"

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Ibuprofen

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    celebrex for the win.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Ibuprofen
    Sounds about right for you boys.
    http://www.dailyrx.com/men-consisten...le-dysfunction

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Well wheatgrass is natural, aspirin is a synthetically derived from something natural. I think when you compare things like benefits (aspirin's anti-inflammatory effects are backed by scientific study vs wheatgrass may or may not contain something that has anti-inflammatory effects), cost $30 for 60 days of wheatgrass vs $3 for aspirin, and the added proven cardiovascular benefits, aspirin is probably the winner here.

I'm not discounting or disputing wheatgrass at all, it may very well do everything it's touted to do, but just in my 10 min google research, I didn't find any do ented evidence of its superiority to aspirin.

And of course, people are different. Some do well with one thing others with something else. And if you have gastric, or clotting, medication sensitivities, or any other special health issues of course you need to be careful about ANY medication you take including aspirin.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Meh, studies funded by Bayer? We are talking antinflam, but on the subject of asprins anti heart attack and stroke capabilities.....

FDA with a switcheroo

If you haven't had a heart attack, step away from the aspirin bottle... If you are one of the 40 million Americans who take an aspirin every day, you may want to heed the latest warning from the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA).

After many decades of promoting aspirin, the FDA now says that if you have not experienced a heart problem, you should not be taking a daily aspirin—even if you have a family history of heart disease. This represents a significant departure from FDA's prior position on aspirin for the prevention of heart attacks.

On its website, the FDA now says:1, 2

"FDA has concluded that the data do not support the use of aspirin as a preventive medication by people who have not had a heart attack, stroke or cardiovascular problems, a use that is called 'primary prevention.' In such people, the benefit has not been established but risks — such as dangerous bleeding into the brain or stomach — are still present."

Their announcement was prompted by Bayer's request to change its aspirin label to indicate it can help prevent heart attacks in healthy individuals. Aspirin generated $1.27 billion in sales for Bayer last year, and from Bayer's request, it appears they want everyone to be taking their drug.

But the FDA says "not so fast"—and rightly so. Evidence in support of using aspirin preventatively has gone from weak to weaker to nonexistent. This is why I've been advising against it for more than a decade. It looks as though aspirin, even "low-dose aspirin" (LDA), may do far more harm than good.

In fact, it is debatable whether or not aspirin has ANY protective benefits against cardiovascular disease, even if you have suffered a heart attack or stroke. Recent scientific studies have uncovered a number of serious side effects, suggesting that whatever aspirin may offer may be overshadowed by its risks, especially when safer natural alternatives exist.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Back on the anti inflam, i have been told White Oak Bark can work like asprin. Have not researched.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Scientists prove the healing effects of wheat grass juice and wheat grass extract

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/034820_wh...#ixzz3QDi4o7tn

Ok so it's from Natural News.

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Not all ASA studies were concluded by Bayer, but the opposite is what Dr Mercola would claim so you'll buy wheatgrass juice from him (at 10x the cost) instead of asa from Bayer right?

As I said, I don't discount or dispute the effects of the natural remedies. So the FDA now claims asa is not beneficial for primary prevention of heart disease for people who have never had Heart disease? Fine, but that's just one group of people. The one reversal has no effect at all on any of its other uses or on other populations. You can't give asa a bad mark as being useless or harmful to ALL people because that's not what the FDA claims. Like I said in my post, if you have special cir stances such as clotting/bleeding, gastric, and medication sensitivities, etc you have to take the possible side effects into consideration when you use asa or ANY other kinds of medical supplements----including wheat grass and that bark you mentioned.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Not all ASA studies were concluded by Bayer, but the opposite is what Dr Mercola would claim so you'll buy wheatgrass juice from him (at 10x the cost) instead of asa from Bayer right?

I've only boughten from Dr Mercola once. Krill oil. With our SoCal hot weather i wanted it shipped during a cold spell as i believe fish oil is heat sensitive. They f'd up, i sent it back and got a refund.
    His site had the best succinct quote from the FDA.

As I said, I don't discount or dispute the effects of the natural remedies. So the FDA now claims asa is not beneficial for primary prevention of heart disease for people who have never had Heart disease? Fine, but that's just one group of people.
    True, yet Bayer targeted millions, probably billions of people with their anti heart bull and sold 117 billion asprin tablets as a direct result.

The one reversal has no effect at all on any of its other uses or on other populations. You can't give asa a bad mark as being useless or harmful to ALL people because that's not what the FDA claims.
    True, asprin was simply used by Bayer.

Like I said in my post, if you have special cir stances such as clotting/bleeding, gastric, and medication sensitivities, etc you have to take the possible side effects into consideration when you use asa or ANY other kinds of medical supplements----including wheat grass and that bark you mentioned.
    Big time. Drug/drug drug/herb herb/herb intereactions should always be considered before ingesting. I'm happy to see most MD offices ask this on their forms nowadays.

So whaddaya think of 1, 1a and 2 in my OP?

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Cur in has very poor bio-availability, so get some 95% cur inoids (amazon has it in bulk), dissolve in warm coconut or olive oil.

Best bioavailability is cur in in "liposomal encapsulation", with lecithin as the encapsulator.

synthetic piperine is very cheap.

Cur in and ginger, both GRAS (generally recognized as safe), are very hard to beat as non-toxic anti-inflammatories, and have many other benefits, one being cur in crossing the blood/brain barrier.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Cur in has very poor bio-availability, so get some 95% cur inoids (amazon has it in bulk), dissolve in warm coconut or olive oil.
    ?
    I'm assuming this is used daily. Gonna be days where i don't have time to dissolve. Solution?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    ?
    I'm assuming this is used daily. Gonna be days where i don't have time to dissolve. Solution?
    I've just started taking this brand of curcurmin which supposedly has excellent absorption.

https://supplements.relentlessimprov...uwin-p380.aspx

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I have some organic wheatgrass powder

When I do take it, I just blend it with some water and fruits (apple slices ,or berries) in the Magic Bullet

Tastes good tbh

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    ?
    make a batch and keep it in fridge, but coconut oil is naturally saturated, so has a very long shelf life, won't go rancid like industrial . coconut oil is solid below 75F.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I have some organic wheatgrass powder
    Or do you?

Do any of us have what the bottle says it has?

The New York State attorney general’s office accused four major retailers on Monday of selling fraudulent and potentially dangerous herbal supplements and demanded that they remove the products from their shelves.

The authorities said they had conducted tests on top-selling store brands of herbal supplements at four national retailers — GNC, Target, Walgreens and Walmart — and found that four out of five of the products did not contain any of the herbs on their labels. The tests showed that pills labeled medicinal herbs often contained little more than cheap fillers like powdered rice, asparagus and houseplants, and in some cases substances that could be dangerous to those with allergies.

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/0...jor-retailers/

Actual cease & desist letters:
    http://www.do entcloud.org/do en...ml#do ent/p1

ElNono posted this on the other side.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Updates in 2021.

mrsmaalox, boutens lefty SFS CC Ig any updates?

Mrs M i know the aspirin may or may not be super helpful and, as with supplements we are going to get the never ending array of studies / results. But by now we have millions of people who have taken baby aspirins for years and they are ok, right?

As to cur in, here is what i have done. Instead of getting stuff off the shelf, i buy bulk termeric and make my own paste.
    Here is the exact recipe by Dr. Doug English. Link:
    The World Famous Recipe – Turmeric Life

Has been working great for me, your results may vary. FWIW i read where taking cur in by itself can slowly throw ones system off. Sorry didn't keep track of link. That, along with El Nonos post above showing that the Supplements, Inc people can put anything from grass clippings to bird poo in a powder pill or lotion and call it _____ anything, thus I'm making my own paste of turmeric, black pepper and coconut oil. See above reipe. The turmeric has the cur in, pepper the peprine (10Xs cur in enhancer allegedly) and coconut oil good for lots of stuff including getting oily with Mrs. Fabbs.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Updates in 2021.

mrsmaalox, boutens lefty SFS CC Ig any updates?

Mrs M i know the aspirin may or may not be super helpful and, as with supplements we are going to get the never ending array of studies / results. But by now we have millions of people who have taken baby aspirins for years and they are ok, right?

As to cur in, here is what i have done. Instead of getting stuff off the shelf, i buy bulk termeric and make my own paste.
    Here is the exact recipe by Dr. Doug English. Link:
    The World Famous Recipe – Turmeric Life

Has been working great for me, your results may vary. FWIW i read where taking cur in by itself can slowly throw ones system off. Sorry didn't keep track of link. That, along with El Nonos post above showing that the Supplements, Inc people can put anything from grass clippings to bird poo in a powder pill or lotion and call it _____ anything, thus I'm making my own paste of turmeric, black pepper and coconut oil. See above reipe. The turmeric has the cur in, pepper the peprine (10Xs cur in enhancer allegedly) and coconut oil good for lots of stuff including getting oily with Mrs. Fabbs.
    I'm still taking tumeric here and there.
    Really...one of the best ways to lower inflammation is keeping your ph over 7.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Why are you inflamed?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Don't be fat

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Why are you inflamed?
    All humans are to a lesser or greater extent.

bots, not so much.

Snap.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm still taking tumeric here and there.
    Really...one of the best ways to lower inflammation is keeping your ph over 7.
    10-4.
    Coffee addiction is keeping me below 7.
    Will work on.

Like for between meal snacks, when i toke on a romaine leaf vs some junk sugar, keeps the alkaline and blood sugar muey bien.

Name
    Luck_The_Fakers
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Fabbs isn't fat, he's big boned, tbh

Thread Information