Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just mid way into the regular season folks. Nothing to worry about.

Pop is still midway with his experimentation.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in 2013/14, Spurs lost their 18th game on 8 April.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Father Time has finally come to reap Manu and Tim. As has been mentioned, Duncan has been very underwhelming lately after his superb DPOY level start to the season. I think the big minutes killed him. Manu is in the same boat, and it really hurts our scoring versatility when he's not a threat. Without him contributing a consistent 13-15 points per game, the Spurs are easy to shutdown, since no other 2 guard on the team can create their own shot.

Then there's Parker, who is stuck in limbo. He would typically pick up the backcourt scoring and creating slack when Manu was having one of his off nights. Now that he seems "done," the Spurs backcourt might be the worst offensively among playoff teams. Leonard is only the player on this team right now who is a threat to score 20+ every game, which will make this offense more than predictable. Yeah, "The Beautiful Game" and all that, but all the passing in the world won't help if you can't finish the play off. And other than Leonard, no one seems to be able to throw it in the ocean.

Hopefully the All Star break recharges this team, but I think they have deeper issues than just fatigue. Duncan and Manu might've hit the age wall and Parker could be on his way to decline. I think the Spurs need to make some kind of move.
    A lot of good points in here.

I don't think the All Star game rest is going to fix anything. I agree with you that the issues are deeper than that.

I don't think that there is a 'move' that is going to fix anything either.

We can no longer out-rebound good teams, and we can no longer shoot 'threes' with any consistency. Both of those things were critical to our season last year.

I think that defenses have figured out our passing, and are getting in our lanes to stop it. Plus, our rim protection both offensively and defensively is non-existent this year. Moves won't help that.

We need to change some of our offensive sets, and stop playing zone defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just mid way into the regular season folks. Nothing to worry about.

Pop is still midway with his experimentation.
    More than midway and everyone is back, there is some room to start worrying soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the only reason I created this thread is because they got embarrassed by Austin Rivers, Turkoglu and Spencer Hawes, 3 of the worst players in the NBA..I'm not actually worried about anything outside of fatigue and Parker destroying the team..

Tukoglu and Hawes are two of the worst players ever? um...just no

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tukoglu and Hawes are two of the worst players ever? um...just no
    Austin Rivers is absolutely one of the worst players in NBA history, and I'd say the same for 2015, 35-year old Hedo Turkoglu..

Hawes is one of the worst players in the NBA this year, not in history, which is what I said..he has been atrocious..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rather have Hawes than Bonner that's for sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't worry, I hear RC and the gang are working on a contract extension for Ayres!
    I would have personally paid Ayres if he would have knocked the crap out of Hawes! That's my game plan for the Clippers. Put a couple of bruisers in the game and play them like they play us.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Diaw is starting to worry me. He can't hit the side of a barn from 3. Manu's FT % is in free fall 72 % (12% below his career average)
    Again, I keep saying it - To hit perimeter shots, 3 pointers in particular, you can't be overweight. That doesn't help with your lift and the shot ends up being all arms. Name me one good 3 point shooter in NBA history that was overweight?

I am really disgusted with the shape Diaw came into training camp with. If he didn't play so well last season and help us win it all. I would have dumped him the second I saw him come to camp overweight/fat/lazy. NOT HAPPY with Diaw's lack of self respect regarding his weight or conditioning at all. It's a league of elite athletes, which Diaw was, but for some ing reason he keeps letting himself go.

I'm not asking for him to come to camp looking like Lebron, but at the very worst, he could have come into camp at last season's playing weight and then tried to tone up a bit more. It really would have helped his game and the team a lot.

He's got amazing talent and skill, but he doesn't seem to want to maximize it. A ing waste IMO. It doesn't seem like he appreciates it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This game was EXTREMELY vital to how the standings would be in the WC right now, and they blew it again. I thought that the -slap from The Bulls would be enough to wake up this team. But I couldn't even finish watching this game, they were playing so horribly. I actually turned my TV off during the game, which I NEVER do.

Love and Basketball MateoNeygro's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm worried for sure. Doesn't look like the same team. Nobody can create their own shot right now other than Kawhi. You need some one to beat their man one on one. That way the help defender rotates and it creates open shots. I just don't see them doing that effectively or consistantly. The offense has been so frustrating to watch. I've never seen Tony get swatted so much in my life.

Thread Information