Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Normally I'd say it's the QB that makes the receiver, but Jerry Rice was a sick freak of nature that he's the exception to the rule, imo. I have yet to see anyone better at taking a five yard pass and turn it into an 80 yard TD.

I read a stupid article once that if you were to split Jerry's career into two by going odd and even years, that it would be enough top make two Hall of Fame caliber careers.

Meanwhile Brady has Edelman.
    Brady choked away an undefeated season and Super Bowl with Moss, one of the greatest wide receivers ever. He also had a stacked defense for his first three rings and played the Struggle Wilson role. Let's not act like he hasn't had any help.

Also, Elway over Montana is an even tier take. He was a career choker (like Fivehead) until Denver cheated their asses off in a desperate attempt to get him some rings as a TOSB. Losing Super Bowls by 19, 32 and 45 points (the last ass-whooping coming against Montana's team) eliminates him from the GOAT discussion.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Brady choked away an undefeated season and Super Bowl with Moss, one of the greatest wide receivers ever. He also had a stacked defense for his first three rings and played the Struggle Wilson role. Let's not act like he hasn't had any help.

Also, Elway over Montana is an even tier take. He was a career choker (like Fivehead) until Denver cheated their asses off in a desperate attempt to get him some rings as a TOSB. Losing Super Bowls by 19, 32 and 45 points (the last ass-whooping coming against Montana's team) eliminates him from the GOAT discussion.
    i dont even know who you like tbh... you just hate on everybody

you hate brady (enough to say Manning >>>>>> Brady), you hate manning, elway. you even bag on your boy rivers... who are your top 5-10 qb's all time?

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    calling Elway a career choker is a diarrhea take. Just an ignorantly horrible take not worth responding too.

Lol "the Drive" has it's own Wikipedia entry. That's how horribly brown pants your take on Elway being a choker is

Post Count
    calling Elway a career choker is a diarrhea take. Just an ignorantly horrible take not worth responding too.

Lol "the Drive" has it's own Wikipedia entry. That's how horribly brown pants your take on Elway being a choker is
    He followed "The Drive" up by blowing a double-digit lead and getting absolutely outplayed by Doug Williams

Fact is, Elway was known as a choker until Shanarat's cheating paid off in '97 and '98. It is what it is. Similarly, Fivehead has a ring and everyone still knows he's a choker.

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I haven't read through anything here.

1. Brady
    2. Elway
    3. Montana

Normally I'd say it's the QB that makes the receiver, but Jerry Rice was a sick freak of nature that he's the exception to the rule, imo. I have yet to see anyone better at taking a five yard pass and turn it into an 80 yard TD.

I read a stupid article once that if you were to split Jerry's career into two by going odd and even years, that it would be enough top make two Hall of Fame caliber careers.

Meanwhile Brady has Edelman.
    Montana = 2 Super Bowls without Rice

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Look I respect Joe Cool but I think now with the 4 plus the other two SB appearances, I am giving the edge to Brady. I dont get how 4-0 > 4-2. Brady has his team in contention every year even AFTER losing HOF mates such as McGinest and BRushi. He never has had a Jerry Rice just a couple brilliant Moss and Gronk seasons. We may hate Brady's pretty boy swag but he is the GOAT QB ...
    Greatest ever Quarterback losing to Eli Manning twice?

Both times as Vegas favorite? Once a 12 point favorite

Sorry, can't do it

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    So what if he lost to Eli twice?

Brady is still the GOAT

The haters are just maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count

Sorry, can't do it
    how many playoff games did montana lose as a favorite? he shouldn't get bonus points just because he lost in an earlier round as opposed to the superbowl

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count

Sorry, can't do it
    You're stupid.

Sorry.

how many playoff games did montana lose as a favorite? he shouldn't get bonus points just because he lost in an earlier round as opposed to the superbowl

Post Count
    As clutch as Elite Manning is, Montana would not have lost to him with a perfect season on the line. Wouldn't have lost to him in 2011 either.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    So what if he lost to Eli twice?

Brady is still the GOAT

The haters are just maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad
    I rooted for Patriots in 2001 & last night

When we are discussing all time greats, being upset by Eli twice is a glaring embarrassment. Alex Smith would have defeated Eli in 2011 if not for Kyle Williams

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Why not take this logic a step further and consider missing the Playoffs "losing 2 Rounds earlier"

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    As clutch as Elite Manning is, Montana would not have lost to him with a perfect season on the line. Wouldn't have lost to him in 2011 either.
    Prove it.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    I rooted for Patriots in 2001 & last night

When we are discussing all time greats, being upset by Eli twice is a glaring embarrassment. Alex Smith would have defeated Eli in 2011 if not for Kyle Williams
    I didn't know Brady defends Eli, or that Eli defends Brady. Last I checked, they are never on the field at the same time. Great reasoning bro

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Has Eli even made the Postseason since 2011?

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I didn't know Brady defends Eli, or that Eli defends Brady. Last I checked, they are never on the field at the same time. Great reasoning bro
    Then why bother crediting Brady with reaching the Super Bowl, since he didn't defend Luck

Sidenote Montana also led your sorry Franchise to an AFC le Game

Post Count
    Montana never put up less than 20 points in his Super Bowls, and that was in an era where defense was a lot less restricted. Despite having stacked teams and a rulebook that overwhelmingly favored him, Brady only managed 14 and 17 respectively against Giants teams that were nothing special in the regular season.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Montana never put up less than 20 points in his Super Bowls, and that was in an era where defense was a lot less restricted. Despite having stacked teams and a rulebook that overwhelmingly favored him, Brady only managed 14 and 17 respectively against Giants teams that were nothing special in the regular season.
    Can you name the top receivers that Brady had during his run? Can you name Montana's?

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Can you name the top receivers that Brady had during his run? Can you name Montana's?
    Rice = Moss
    Clark = Gronkowski
    Taylor = Troy Brown
    Solomon = Branch

Looks even to me

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    Excellent observation

Post Count
    Montana won half his Super Bowls without Rice. , he went to the AFC le game as a TOSB with Willie Davis and J.J. Birden as his WR's. Meanwhile, Brady choked twice with Moss, Welker, and Roidkowski. The receiver argument doesn't really hold water.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    He followed "The Drive" up by blowing a double-digit lead and getting absolutely outplayed by Doug Williams
    Redskins rolled up 600 yards of offense including 200 rushing from Timmy Smith.

but Elway choked

Fact is, Elway was known as a choker until Shanarat's cheating paid off in '97 and '98. It is what it is.
    That's the biggest ass talking line I've seen in a while. Worse than Avante's takes, tbh.

You're better than that.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Belichick over Walsh
    Montana over Brady

Post Count
    Redskins rolled up 600 yards of offense including 200 rushing from Timmy Smith.

but Elway choked
    Double-digit lead against a journeyman quarterback who was out of the league within three years, and he couldn't get it done. Oh, and he threw three picks to only one touchdown. Additionally, nobody had ever come back from a 10-point deficit to win a Super Bowl until Elway gagged it away that year. It was a choke, plain and simple.

That's the biggest ass talking line I've seen in a while. Worse than Avante's takes, tbh.
    "Elway won't let rap as Super Bowl choker bother him"
    http://news.google.com/newspapers?ni...g=2864,5306365

"John Elway choked plenty before clutching."
    http://espn.go.com/magazine/vol4no11elfoldo.html

"Still by this point, many doubted that he would ever win a Super Bowl in his career."
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Elway

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    People forget how good Montana was good in KC. His performance at Houston in the playoffs was one of the gutsiest performances ever. He took a beating that game and was still throwing on the money.

Thread Information