View Poll Results: Who Should have been SB MVP?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tom Brady

6 40.00%
  • Julian Edelman

6 40.00%
  • Rob Gronkowski

0 0%
  • Malcolm Butler/Russell Wilson

3 20.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    on instagram, str8 flexin DUNCANownsKOBE's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Poll coming. Was it Brady or someone else?

IMO it was Edelman. Brady played well but Edelman had too many key catches on 3rd down to not get the award, especially with Brady's two interceptions.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    props for saying Edelman. Yes, I am biased, but he was definitely the biggest game changer. He made huge catches, YAC (patriots specialty), plus didn't he injure Lane after the INT? He should've won it.

My Team
    Detroit Lions
    Post Count
    Edelman hands down. Brady just threw ducks all game, Edelman was the one making the plays.

What is Brady's numbers again on passes over 20 yards in the Super Bowl? 1/23?

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Avante, you the real MVP. The Curse delivered the ring to the Pats when his boy Struggle threw that pick at the goal line.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Avante, you the real MVP. The Curse delivered the ring to the Pats when his boy Struggle threw that pick at the goal line.
    Yep, I could only get one Superbowl win out of RW, came up a....foot...short in the other. My...curse...only good for one Superbowl win.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    props for saying Edelman. Yes, I am biased, but he was definitely the biggest game changer. He made huge catches, YAC (patriots specialty), plus didn't he injure Lane after the INT? He should've won it.
    It was definitely less clear than most other superbowls since Brady played mediocre for 3 quarters and he also spread the ball around so none of his weapons had earth shattering numbers, but every single time they needed a big play, Edelman came through. That 3rd and 14 (I think) conversion was the most notable example. If Edelman doesn't get open or doesn't catch that pass, New England is done.

Butler actually had a few good plays in addition to his interception, so if anyone on defense deserves the award it should have been him, but letting this Seattle team score 24 points shouldn't happen so I'm not inclined to advocate for a defensive player to get it.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Imagine Garo Yepremian or Leon Lett's inexplicable plays costing their team a SB--that's what Russell Wilson did...he gets the MVP imo

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Tom Brady was the MVP, he threw a lot of strikes. Any good receiver would have done what Edelman did, he did nothing special.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Imagine Garo Yepremian or Leon Lett's inexplicable plays costing their team a SB--that's what Russell Wilson did...he gets the MVP imo
    Hard to win two SB les for three year QB's.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Also, on the play prior to Brady's TD to Amendola, Brady missed a throw to Edelman after Edelman ran a perfect route and shook his defender, so Edelman should actually have two touchdowns.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Hard to win two SB les for three year QB's.
    Especially when you throw game-clinching interceptions at the 1-yard line

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    It was definitely less clear than most other superbowls since Brady played mediocre for 3 quarters and he also spread the ball around so none of his weapons had earth shattering numbers, but every single time they needed a big play, Edelman came through. That 3rd and 14 (I think) conversion was the most notable example. If Edelman doesn't get open or doesn't catch that pass, New England is done.

Butler actually had a few good plays in addition to his interception, so if anyone on defense deserves the award it should have been him, but letting this Seattle team score 24 points shouldn't happen so I'm not inclined to advocate for a defensive player to get it.
    Brady threw a great strike to Gronk. But otherwise, it was a lot of methodical dinking and dunking, just nothing that felt like he was pulling out of his ass, making plays.

Now Edelman, he came up huge time after time. He even took out the guy who got that INT on Brady.
    I thought Brady's TD pass to him was a little high but good enough, yet I still think Edelman was the one who made that happen. It's hard to say who willed the team the most, but I felt like it was Edelman who would not go away. Brady played good considering the cir stances.

My runner up would be Wilson for that final play. I have never seen anything like that, it caused one of the most visceral reactions I've ever witnessed, from people at the party, youtube clips, players reaction. un ingreal.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Brady executed almost flawlessly when his team needed it. His pocket awareness in the 4th quarter was better than I've ever seen. To act like he played poorly is dumb. He was terrific. That said, he did make a couple of horrible throws, which gives the slight edge to Edelman. He was absolutely a badass out there. Taking that shot from Chancellor and still holding onto the ball was crucial. No doubt Welker would have dropped that.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    brady didn't play flawlessly but i have no problem deferring to a QB who threw 4 TD's, and 2 in the 4th to come back. he closed.

Edelman is a valid choice too, obviously

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Also, on the play prior to Brady's TD to Amendola, Brady missed a throw to Edelman after Edelman ran a perfect route and shook his defender, so Edelman should actually have two touchdowns.
    there's a lot of "should have" scenario's considering the way the game ended tbh

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Especially when you throw game-clinching interceptions at the 1-yard line
    Well ya could be Dan Marino, Jim Kelly, Warren Moon, Johnny Unitas, Philip Rivers, Tony Romo, Fran Tarkenton, Dan Fouts and never win one.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Well ya could be Dan Marino, Jim Kelly, Warren Moon, Johnny Unitas, Philip Rivers, Tony Romo, Fran Tarkenton, Dan Fouts and never win one.
    Johnny Unitas won one

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Johnny Unitas won one
    And numerous NFL Championships.

My Team
    Indianapolis Colts
    Post Count
    You could bet your ass (nevermind you can't even do that right) that anyone of those guys wouldn't throw a game losing interception on the 1 yard line.

Where is choice for Pete Caroll?
    Pats MVP.

Veteran
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Making catches is one, but Brady did everything good in that 4th quater comeback

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    I'm going with Brady.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Brady, without a doubt.

Edelman made big plays, but just like Welker, and so many other receivers, they become relevant due to playing with an elite QB. Before Brady, no one knew who Edelman or Welker was. Plus, I'm a big believer that WR is arguably the most overrated position in football. Unless you have a gamechanging skill like Dez or Megatron, pretty much any receiver will be crap in a bad system, and look fantastic in the right system.

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    Pop Carroll

da real mvp

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count

Thread Information