07 Eli
    06 Peyton
    08 Big Rape
    13 Wilson

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Which one was only in his second season? Which one followded it up with another SB appearance? Who has the most time left to do it again?

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    1. 2012 Joe Flacco - by a country mile.
    2. 2010 Aaron Rodgers - When he's playing at his best it's not even fair--and the 2010 postseason (particularly the Falcons game) was almost perfection.
    3. 2011 Eli Manning - Wheelin' and dealin' that playoff year, and upsetting 3 teams w/ a combined record of 46-7
    4. 2014 Tom Brady - Yeah he threw some picks along the way, but he came up huge in both games where it mattered.
    5. 2009 Drew Brees - He was great, but it just seems like in all 3 games they won there was something else that was a bigger factor (Defense KOing Warner, Favre's monumental brainfart, Payton's decision to onside kick it).
    6. 2007 Eli Manning - D-line was huge in this playoff run (much like 2011), but det drive...
    7. 2008 Big Rape - Not a statistically impressive run, but he was a cool customer in that winning SB drive (even though Holmes' 2nd foot never touched).
    8. 2005 Big Rape - He was great in the first 3 games (all roadies), and saved their season against the Colts w/ the tackle. Non-factor in SB XL, though.
    9. 2013 Russell Wilson - He had that great 4th down go-ahead TD against the Niners, but was otherwise completely irrelevant in these playoffs.
    10. 2006 Peyton Manning - I give RW the edge b/c his one throw was more impactful than any one particular play from Manning's statistically awful playoff run. Beating NE was HUGE, but Addai had the go-ahead score, so I'll dock Peyton for that one

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    Stay on topic old man. No one is even talking about that.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    2. 2010 Aaron Rodgers - When he's playing at his best it's not even fair--and the 2010 postseason (particularly the Falcons game) was almost perfection.
    3. 2011 Eli Manning - Wheelin' and dealin' that playoff year, and upsetting 3 teams w/ a combined record of 46-7
    4. 2014 Tom Brady - Yeah he threw some picks along the way, but he came up huge in both games where it mattered.
    5. 2009 Drew Brees - He was great, but it just seems like in all 3 games they won there was something else that was a bigger factor (Defense KOing Warner, Favre's monumental brainfart, Payton's decision to onside kick it).
    6. 2007 Eli Manning - D-line was huge in this playoff run (much like 2011), but det drive...
    7. 2008 Big Rape - Not a statistically impressive run, but he was a cool customer in that winning SB drive (even though Holmes' 2nd foot never touched).
    8. 2005 Big Rape - He was great in the first 3 games (all roadies), and saved their season against the Colts w/ the tackle. Non-factor in SB XL, though.
    9. 2013 Russell Wilson - He had that great 4th down go-ahead TD against the Niners, but was otherwise completely irrelevant in these playoffs.
    10. 2006 Peyton Manning - I give RW the edge b/c his one throw was more impactful than any one particular play from Manning's statistically awful playoff run. Beating NE was HUGE, but Addai had the go-ahead score, so I'll dock Peyton for that one
    Saints were up 35-14 when Warner was knocked out. It was 45-14 after 3 quarters . They never had a chance. Saints could have put up a 100 of they wanted to.

I agree about the Vikings game. Brees didn't play his best but he threw 3 TDs and 0 picks that game.

He was flawless in the Super Bowl. The onside kick helped, but he was also unstoppable in the 2nd half.

He had 8 TDs and 0 picks in his run. He should be at least number 2.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    1. Flacco in 2012. Though he had help from a blown coverage against Denver, he was perfect in his 4 games including road games at Denver and New England and then against a top two defense in the Niners.

2. Brees in 2009. 8 TDs, 0 picks. Outplayed Kurt Warner, Brett Favre, and Peyton in 3 straight games. Capped off a great season with a great playoff run.

3. Eli in 2011. He was precise and mistake free. Won some big road games and made the throw to win the Super Bowl.

4. Brady in 2014. Clutch especially against the best defense in the league. Came back twice from a 14 pt deficit against Baltimore.

5. Rodgers in 2010. Awesome against the Falcons, great in the Super Bowl, good against the Eagles, but was not good against the Bears.

6. Eli in 2007. He was precise in that run, winning 3 road games and making a clutch drive in the Super Bowl. Passes were on the money.

7. Big Ben in 2008. He was really good overall, but really didn't have to beat any great teams. His game-winning drive in the Super Bowl was legendary.

8. Big Ben in 2005. His Super Bowl performance mars a really good playoff run winning 3 games on the road.

9. Wilson in 2013. Awful against the Saints, did make some big throws against the Niners, and non- existant in the Super Bowl.

10. Peyton in 2006. His bad games were pretty bad. Did lead a comeback against New England though his pick 6 also caused the deficit.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Flacco - Brees - Rodgers

My Team
    Detroit Lions
    Post Count
    I agree but I would switch up the top 5 a little bit.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Stay on topic old man. No one is even talking about that.
    Who was talking to you half pint?

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    2014 Brady = 4 INTs

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    IMHO as fr as I can remember... 2012 Flacco, 2009 Brees, and 2010 Rodgers are my top 3.

2014 Brady #4.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Flacco and Rodgers get the most praise to me because they both went 4-0, not 3-0... and both had to win 3 on the road. that's tough.

err I think Balty won 2/3 on the road. but still... New England and Denver ...

2014 Brady did have the benefit of 1 less game and 0 road games.

My Team
    Detroit Lions
    Post Count
    So ?

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Interceptions are not good. Brady threw a lot of interceptions. Brady = not good.

My Team
    Detroit Lions
    Post Count
    Interceptions are not good. Brady threw a lot of interceptions. Brady = not good.
    4 is a lot ? compared to what ?

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    4 is a lot ? compared to what ?
    Compared to the other QBs performances on this list.

My Team
    Detroit Lions
    Post Count
    Compared to the other QBs performances on this list.
    and ?

His %int in this PO run is about the same than his career. Did not check but he probably threw more passes per games than the other QBs as pats don't rely much on running game which lead to more int... So again not sure what's your point...

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Who is the only one of those listed who might be in his third one in a row bext season?

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Who is the only one of those listed who might be in his third one in a row bext season?
    Kaepernick

Thread Information