Page 136 of 281 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146186236 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,400 of 7004
    My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    1-5 incoming ...........

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Never seen anything like it.

No words.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    what just happened. I don't understand.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    what just happened. I don't understand.
    Strong called the game conservatively in the last couple minutes like usual. And got ed.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    1-5 incoming ...........
    K-State will be tough.

That would be 1-6.

My Team
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Post Count
    The officiating was horrible today. If not for being at the Judson/Clemens game last night, I would say this was the worst officiated game I have seen in a long time. Texas got screwed royally by the refs.

That being said, the OL sucks. Heard cannot keep having to run for his life on every play. When we have to use the RB to block for players the OL are not blocking, it leaves the blitzer with a free run at Heard.

We should have punted instead of going for it on 4th and long around the 45 of OSU. We pin them deep, and flip field position, I think the quarter turns out different. But we went for it, and it seemed like the rest of the game we were trapped inside our 20 all fourth Q.

We needed to recover that fumble, but we didn't.....We recover that, we gain field position and momentum.

Heard messed up on throwing that forward pass on the WR screen. He needs to make sure to throw it backwards at least a few yards.

Our D sucked for the first quarter. However, for the rest of the game, they played so much better. They had a few missed coverages and stupid penalties, but all in all, I was very pleased with the D after the first Q. The two TDs was a great sign for the unit.

Kickers suck.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Charlie Strong is not the right coach for Texas. Texas needs to make a move and get rid of him. If Chip Kelly is available, Charlie strong should be fired and we should go after Kelly.

I know we have enough Big money men to handle the 15 million we owe him, and we can then get a real coach that knows how to coach both offense and defense.

Strong might be the worst game manager I've ever seen. Why didn't we freeze their kicker like Notre Dame did to us?

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Charlie Strong is not the right coach for Texas. Texas needs to make a move and get rid of him. If Chip Kelly is available, Charlie strong should be fired and we should go after Kelly.

I know we have enough Big money men to handle the 15 million we owe him, and we can then get a real coach that knows how to coach both offense and defense.

Strong might be the worst game manager I've ever seen. Why didn't we freeze their kicker like Notre Dame did to us?
    With a fairly called game Texas wins comfortably. Your take is .

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    With a fairly called game Texas wins comfortably. Your take is .
    You think so? I mean, what adjustments does Strong make when they key in on Heard?

Post Count

I wouldn't get too worked up over this game. The loss sucks but we're playing for the future anyway.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I wouldn't get too worked up over this game. The loss sucks but we're playing for the future anyway.
    We are still going to be playing for the future while Harbaugh is at Michigan with much less talent, blowing mother ers out.

Post Count
    We are still going to be playing for the future while Harbaugh is at Michigan with much less talent, blowing mother ers out.
    Blowing out scrubs. BYU doesn't even have that running QB who was raping people anymore, do they?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Blowing out scrubs. BYU doesn't even have that running QB who was raping people anymore, do they?
    What talent does Michigan have?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Btw, Strong can't even surround himself with a decent staff.

Post Count
    Btw, Strong can't even surround himself with a decent staff.
    and so you want to pay Strong's $15M (or whatever) buyout and hire Kelly? How long will you give him, 18 months? I wouldn't take Chip even if Strong's contract were up.

My Team
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Post Count
    I wish we had Greg Robinson as our DC.....he can make a pile of rotten lemons and turn it into some deliciously sweet lemonade.

Post Count
    I wish we had Greg Robinson as our DC.....he can make a pile of rotten lemons and turn it into some deliciously sweet lemonade.
    Our defense was fine this game.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    and so you want to pay Strong's $15M (or whatever) buyout and hire Kelly? How long will you give him, 18 months? I wouldn't take Chip even if Strong's contract were up.
    I don't care for Chip Kelly. I just want a coach who makes sound judgements. Strong has shown multiple times he doesn't quite have it.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Someone who can make adjustments on the fly.

My Team
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Post Count
    Our defense was fine this game.
    After the first quarter, our D was very good. If only our OL would step up and give our offensive playmakers time and a chance to make plays. This way, we can sustain drives for points or even hit quick homerun plays......both of which takes pressure off the D to be lights out.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    A big chunk of players on the field are underclassmen. The upperclassmen still at UT (with a few exceptions) basically suck.

Demoting your top two offensive assistants is a really bad dynamic for a program.

I think everything should be called into question - the Texas program should never been allowed to stoop to this level of play. That has more to do with a lazy, hard headed Mack Brown and gutless Deloss Dodds being on retirement mode for four years.

I don't think you can fire Charlie Strong at the end of this season for losing with someone else's players given the lack of talent out there.

The sad thing is that this whole sorry situation would have been avoided if the powers that be (and the former head coach) had the courage to have Mack walk away 3-4 years ago and things would be much further along.

Post Count
    I don't care for Chip Kelly. I just want a coach who makes sound judgements. Strong has shown multiple times he doesn't quite have it.
    We're competing and we're seeing growth from the young guys (minus the dubious penalties). I am still giving him a pass on the results as long as we are competing. But next year, he is on the clock. If there aren't results in the form of wins, then he has to be held accountable.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    A big chunk of players on the field are underclassmen. The upperclassmen still at UT (with a few exceptions) basically suck.Demoting your top two offensive assistants is a really bad dynamic for a program. I think everything should be called into question - the Texas program should never been allowed to stoop to this level of play. That has more to do with a lazy, hard headed Mack Brown and gutless Deloss Dodds being on retirement mode for four years.I don't think you can fire Charlie Strong at the end of this season for losing with someone else's players given the lack of talent out there.The sad thing is that this whole sorry situation would have been avoided if the powers that be (and the former head coach) had the courage to have Mack walk away 3-4 years ago and things would be much further along.
    Recruiting and attendance. How is Strong's staff doing with Oline and Dline recruiting? These will be his downfall.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    We're competing and we're seeing growth from the young guys (minus the dubious penalties). I am still giving him a pass on the results as long as we are competing. But next year, he is on the clock. If there aren't results in the form of wins, then he has to be held accountable.
    It won't be much different. Where are the oline and Dline recruits? We know Wickline can't produce. Will Strong fire him?

Post Count
    It won't be much different. Where are the oline and Dline recruits? We know Wickline can't produce. Will Strong fire him?
    On the O-line, we have two starting for us that are decent. On D, Ford is good and the loss of Lampkin was a fluke.

Thread Information