Page 154 of 281 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164204254 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,850 of 7004
    longhornsRadio: True freshmen accounted for 38% of Texas' tackles. Holton Hill (8), Davante Davis (6) and Malik Jefferson (6) were all top five in tackles.

For not playing much early on Hill and Davis have really done well the last couple of weeks. Them 2 along with Boyd and Deshon make for a good DB group for some time to come. ****** hasn't played much due to injury but he came up with the big kickoff fumble in the first. There's a player we would have liked to have had to begin the season.

E-L-L-I-O-T ^^

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    This place cracks me up

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Strong has completely lost this team.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    You have two choices in this matter.

you fire him now, or give him two more years. Giving a coach one year is making him and the program a dead fish. I saw this with Mack, everyone knew he was on his way out and when Mack was trying to bring in assistants to replace guys he fired, no one wanted to come. He was being turned down left and right and he had to hire guys that were questionable like Diaz.

It will be worse with charlie. Lets say Watson, Wickline decide to move on to other jobs and we fire Brick. What top assistant is going to jump at the opportunity to be at Texas for one year?

No the choice has been the same since before Saturday's win. you either cut the life line now or you give him two more years. By year 4 if you don't see enough improvement, you cut the life line as soon as you are ready.

And yes, this win did change everything for Charlie. Even if it was a fluke win and we are still staring at fools gold, you have to give him another year which brings us back to my original point, if you have to give him one, they you have to give him two.

Why was this win so important?

1. It showed that Charlie didn't lose the lockerroom.
    2. It gave the younger players something to believe in.
    3. It gave the fans something to believe in.
    4. It has given the team confidence.
    5. It is something to build upon.
    6. Recruits are seeing now that the younger guys are improving and competing.

At this point you can't justify firing him, not without something that shows he has completely lost the team and his assistants.
    If he doesn't finish the year strong, this game will mean nothing to recruits. Wickline and Watson will likely be gone. Even if you give him 2 more years, no top assistants will come. He hasn't proven he can even surround himself with a good staff.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I'm happy I was wrong. You see, being wrong doesn't bother me, I was more worried I was right.

I was actually very happy to see that many players came up to Strong and told him they won this game for him. It told me a lot about the team.

If he doesn't finish the year strong, this game will mean nothing to recruits. Wickline and Watson will likely be gone. Even if you give him 2 more years, no top assistants will come. He hasn't proven he can even surround himself with a good staff.
    Point is you can't fire him right now. That is a fact.

Lets say for arguments sake he doesn't finish the year strong, we don't even get to a bowl game, when do you fire him. Your reasoning is that it will affect recruiting, we we actually won't know that until this recruiting cycle is over, I guarantee you what will affect recruiting is firing Strong because it will again give the new staff just about 2 months to try and put a recruiting class together.

We will also likely lose some of our current freshmen class. Our senior class next year would have had to play for 3 different coaches in 4 years here.

My point is, if you were going to fire Strong, you pretty much needed to do it after a blowout loss to Oklahoma and only if you pretty much had your guy already in place as far as an agreement goes. That way he could come right in and start recruiting and salvage the current recruiting class.

By beating Oklahoma, there isn't enough overwhelming evidence that you can justify firing him, even at the end of the year you can't do it. And that brings me back to my original point, if you are going to give him next year, you have to give him two. It doesn't matter if he can or can't hire a staff, if he doesn't bring in the right guys you will know sometime in the middle of year 4, by then no one will say a word when the ax falls. But you have to give him that opportunity.
    Last edited by Vito Corleone; 10-11-2015 at 01:07 PM.

This place cracks me up
    When did Tech become giddy all of a sudden? Sure you're 4-2 but you have wins versus Sam Houston, UTEP, Arkansas and Iowa State. Really? Only team with a winning record is SHS. Continue to strive...

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    When did Tech become giddy all of a sudden? Sure you're 4-2 but you have wins versus Sam Houston, UTEP, Arkansas and Iowa State. Really? Only team with a winning record is SHS. Continue to strive...
    Lol giddy

But let's be real even though the Raiders will probably finish 8-4 or 7-5, Tech was a freak play away from beating the #2 team and be 5-1, ranked in the top 25. I like the path that Kliff is laying out for the future and I like the fact we'll have the Big 12's best QB for the next two years.

But all that has nothing to with me lol'ing the weekly emotional roller coaster of horn fan

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Lol giddy

But let's be real even though the Raiders will probably finish 8-4 or 7-5, Tech was a freak play away from beating the #2 team and be 5-1, ranked in the top 25. I like the path that Kliff is laying out for the future and I like the fact we'll have the Big 12's best QB for the next two years.

But all that has nothing to with me lol'ing the weekly emotional roller coaster of horn fan
    Yeah. Their emotions turned around on one game.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    TT can beat any Big 12 team any week. They are relevant again after going through some horrible discipline and defensive problems. They always seem to pick up good QBs, receivers, and olineman. And those frustrating little RBs. They get good crowds and support.

We are getting better, but going into Lubbock and trying to beat them with the team we have will be a large task. I would rather they all get food poisoning the week we play them.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    TT can beat any Big 12 team any week. They are relevant again after going through some horrible discipline and defensive problems. They always seem to pick up good QBs, receivers, and olineman. And those frustrating little RBs. They get good crowds and support.

We are getting better, but going into Lubbock and trying to beat them with the team we have will be a large task. I would rather they all get food poisoning the week we play them.
    Next year could be Tech's year, playing UT and OU in Lubbock with TCU in rebuilding mode.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Next year could be Tech's year, playing UT and OU in Lubbock with TCU in rebuilding mode.
    I have penned in next year as our year.
    Kindly pick another.
    But not the year after that. That's also our year.

Lol giddy

Every team in the country can play that game all day long. I could say our team was a couple of plays from placing 2 W's in our win column against Ok State and Cal both teams ranked. That would make our only losses to ND and TCU who were basically Top 10 at the time of play. That sort of talk does no good neither here nor there. I'll admit TT is improving but y'all looked pretty darn good last year around this before things fell apart...

Yeah. Their emotions turned around on one game.
    That's all it takes sometimes. Winning cures all. I'd say it's kind of a big deal when you beat your biggest rival who just so happens to be a Top 10 undefeated team. This was especially important with both teams seemingly headed in complete opposite directions. Just stating the obvious of course.

It'll be a tight game but there is 4 games between now and the matchup against Tech. I'd be much more worried if it was next week. If we can have our defense improve from what they did against OU with better DB and D-line play I'll feel better about our chances. That's assuming we continue to improve.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Every team in the country can play that game all day long. I could say our team was a couple of plays from placing 2 W's in our win column against Ok State and Cal both teams ranked. That would make our only losses to ND and TCU who were basically Top 10 at the time of play. That sort of talk does no good neither here nor there. I'll admit TT is improving but y'all looked pretty darn good last year around this before things fell apart...
    i think it's fine to play that what if/if only game to determine how good your program is or it's potential of where it could be.

Ftr, Tech looked pretty ty in their wins against UTEP and Central Arkansas last year. Penalties, turnovers and bad defense were the big problems. Kliff has done a respectable job of getting 2 of those 3 things cleaned up.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    USC may be getting a new coach in December:

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    USC may be getting a new coach in December:

Lane Kiffin and now this.
    We are not the only school failing to do homework.

Post Count
    Pretty funny but true: Texas got votes in this week's Coach's Top 25 poll but not enough to be ranked.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Updated rankings for Week 7:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Per 24/7, S Deontay Anderson of Manvel has tentatively scheduled an official visit to UT on December 12th.

WR Reggie Hemphill will do the same, but says he plans to visit Tennessee and Texas Tech too.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Full Oklahoma game for anyone who missed it:

Thread Information