Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Name
    Ubuntu
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Orlando Magic
    Walking Dead and Better Call Saul are two dynamically different shows. I love them both.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Less than a month. April 10.

Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    I'm rewatching BB and BCS to get ready.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Love me some BCS but slippin Jimmy and Mike are getting old. They can't drag this thing on forever.

Still don't know whether exactly they are in the timeline in relation to BB. I know it's before, but he far back are they?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Love me some BCS but slippin Jimmy and Mike are getting old. They can't drag this thing on forever.

Still don't know whether exactly they are in the timeline in relation to BB. I know it's before, but he far back are they?
    Iirc it's around 2002 or so?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    First episode was pretty uneventful. Mike's storyline is obviously building up to Gus. Jimmy is more of the same. Chuck's master plan to screw him over may lead to him taking on the Saul persona?

I do wonder where the black and white post-BB scenes are going, other than to show how miserable Jimmy/Saul/Gene is.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    First episode was pretty uneventful. Mike's storyline is obviously building up to Gus. Jimmy is more of the same. Chuck's master plan to screw him over may lead to him taking on the Saul persona?

I do wonder where the black and white post-BB scenes are going, other than to show how miserable Jimmy/Saul/Gene is.

Yeah...kind of slow but not bad. I was glad the replayed some of last seasons scenes to remind me of what was going on.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Slow but I liked it. The fat dork with the hummer is amusing

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Great 2nd episode.

Gus made a mistake of letting Jimmy try to see what was going on in the fast food place. He made it way too obvious

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Great 2nd episode.

Gus made a mistake of letting Jimmy try to see what was going on in the fast food place. He made it way too obvious
    Maybe but we don't know how it'll play out. Gus recognized something was up.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Very good third episode. Although I thought the sniper shoe trick was a little unbelievable. Not sure why they couldn't have just had someone call DEA/Customs with a tip on that truck.
    But such a great show, it's easy to forgive.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Holy , Michael McKean is an amazing actor. What a scene where he freaks out on the stand.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I agree awesome scene.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Holy , Michael McKean is an amazing actor. What a scene where he freaks out on the stand.
    I've been saying the same thing! Dude is killing this role. He makes you believe Chuck McGill believes he is sick, and that he hates his brother but really loves him and knows what's best for him but really just can't stand him. Amazing acting job.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    BCS may be the best spin-off of all-time, tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I thought it predictable that Chuck would have a Captain Queeg-esque meltdown on the stand. But still the best show on TV, IMO.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    BCS may be the best spin-off of all-time, tbh.
    I couldn't think of anything close. Even looked up "best spinoffs". Nothing comes close. Would love to see him do the same thing with Frain or even better, Mike... but it'll get harder as these actors all age. Impossible with Mike unless you bring in another actor for young Mike.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I thought it predictable that Chuck would have a Captain Queeg-esque meltdown on the stand. But still the best show on TV, IMO.
    One of my favorite scenes ever in movie or show is the final courtroom scene of a Few Good Men. This felt like it would go down the same path from the beginning. It wasn't a carbon copy, but they ended up at the same point.

Still, it was a great scene.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    painfully slow episode today, but at least we get saul

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    How many characters can we cram into one episode that Walt ends up killing?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    How many characters can we cram into one episode that Walt ends up killing?
    More on that point, I'm not really sure how I feel about all the fan service that this season especially is throwing at us. That scene with Gus and Lydia at the laundry serves no purpose. Mike wasn't involved, and more importantly Jimmy/Saul is not privy to the drug business until we're deep into Breaking Bad.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    More on that point, I'm not really sure how I feel about all the fan service that this season especially is throwing at us. That scene with Gus and Lydia at the laundry serves no purpose. Mike wasn't involved, and more importantly Jimmy/Saul is not privy to the drug business until we're deep into Breaking Bad.
    I think it's premature to say that. If it has something to do with Gus, then it easily could connect to Mike. And by extension, Saul. Whether or not Saul has anything to do directly with the drugs. The writing through BB and two+ seasons of BCS has been excellent. No reason to doubt that it will continue and everything will tie in. Although that was the weakest episode of the season, and maybe series.

And presumably, all the BCS watchers are BB fans. So at the least, they're providing some answers and background to Breaking Bad.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    And presumably, all the BCS watchers are BB fans. So at the least, they're providing some answers and background to Breaking Bad.
    That's fine as long as it fits in the story and is done organically. I just don't want them to wink at fans just for the sake of doing it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    That's fine as long as it fits in the story and is done organically. I just don't want them to wink at fans just for the sake of doing it.
    Oh yeah...totally. I'd cringe if there was some scene where Skylar bumps into Saul at the grocery store.

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised for Walt to make an unnecessary cameo.

Thread Information