Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    You sure he didn't just put it on a credit card assuming his payday was near?
    The way he was taking about all our problems being solved didn't make it seem that way. But Jimmy is reckless.

He'd have an ironclad suit vs HHM should they or D&M around with his money.

I took that episode as Jimmy getting his and inadvertently handing Hamlin the buyout for Chuck, subsequently screwing over his older brother. Who then has the resources to battle the out of his suit with HHM.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    The way he was taking about all our problems being solved didn't make it seem that way. But Jimmy is reckless.

He'd have an ironclad suit vs HHM should they or D&M around with his money.

I took that episode as Jimmy getting his and inadvertently handing Hamlin the buyout for Chuck, subsequently screwing over his older brother. Who then has the resources to battle the out of his suit with HHM.
    I hope you're right, that would be awesome. I could easily see Jimmy pissing away his $1.2 million in a few months. I wonder how Kim goes down though.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This last episode he wanted to celebrate with Kim about the settlement.

He had that $100 a shot tequila with him.

He has money.
    I don't think so. He was struggling to even pay his video crew not that long ago and was stressing about losing the money for the tv ads. And behind on his rent until he got the ads sold.
    Like baseline said, I think the tequila was on a credit card and with the expectation of getting over a million dollars.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Jimmy is such a piece of , like his brother

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Jimmy is such a piece of , like his brother
    I think Chuck has good reason to sue here tbh. Chuck is an ass, but I understand it with how sleazy Jimmy is. I wouldn't have hired him either in my firm, as talented as Jimmy is.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Toronto Raptors
    I think Chuck has good reason to sue here tbh. Chuck is an ass, but I understand it with how sleazy Jimmy is. I wouldn't have hired him either in my firm, as talented as Jimmy is.
    It's funny as people seem to immediately hate Chuck and like Jimmy, but it's clear Jimmy was a slimy, conning piece of from day 1. He took care of his asshole brother just like Chuck took care of Jimmy out of prison and got him a job. Chuck probably helped Jimmy as much for his own ego as Jimmy helped Chuck for an easy way into law. Chuck biggest's blunder was not having the balls to tell Jimmy to off with his request to join the firm, and instead making Howard do his dirty work.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    It's funny as people seem to immediately hate Chuck and like Jimmy, but it's clear Jimmy was a slimy, conning piece of from day 1. He took care of his asshole brother just like Chuck took care of Jimmy out of prison and got him a job. Chuck probably helped Jimmy as much for his own ego as Jimmy helped Chuck for an easy way into law. Chuck biggest's blunder was not having the balls to tell Jimmy to off with his request to join the firm, and instead making Howard do his dirty work.
    They're both slimeballs, but Chuck directed his baggery at Jimmy initially. Jimmy was an asshole to the outside world, but never to Chuck (until the events of BCS)

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    I don't think so. He was struggling to even pay his video crew not that long ago and was stressing about losing the money for the tv ads. And behind on his rent until he got the ads sold.
    Like baseline said, I think the tequila was on a credit card and with the expectation of getting over a million dollars.
    Yes, two episodes he was poor. One episode ago he staged an injury and threatened lawsuit. This episode he manipulated the out of a bunch of old broads into settling to get his contracted amount in a lump-sum fashion.

Lawyers get paid from the common fund, as I recall.

I believe Jimmy has money. Maybe not all of it, but much of it.

Jimmy isn't bad with money. The show has presented him as actually pretty good with it. Didn't live beyond means when poor.

Only times we ever saw him celebrating was when he had money or could hustle moneys

So, I believe he has money.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Toronto Raptors
    They're both slimeballs, but Chuck directed his baggery at Jimmy initially. Jimmy was an asshole to the outside world, but never to Chuck (until the events of BCS)
    I feel their childhood really pisses off Chuck, beyond simply being jealous of the attention tbh. Jimmy saw his dad for a sucker and didn't really respect him. He took advantage of his parents, something that probably stuck with Chuck, at least that's how I see it. Plus, even if he was nice to his brother, his still has no issue conning dozens of innocent people for his personal gain, so besides being 'charismatic' I'm not sure what makes Jimmy any likable than Chuck.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I feel their childhood really pisses off Chuck, beyond simply being jealous of the attention tbh. Jimmy saw his dad for a sucker and didn't really respect him. He took advantage of his parents, something that probably stuck with Chuck, at least that's how I see it. Plus, even if he was nice to his brother, his still has no issue conning dozens of innocent people for his personal gain, so besides being 'charismatic' I'm not sure what makes Jimmy any likable than Chuck.
    who'd you rather have as a friend? if you were in trouble, which would you be able to count on in a tough spot?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    who'd you rather have as a friend? if you were in trouble, which would you be able to count on in a tough spot?
    Chuck easily. He bailed Jimmy out and gave him a steady job at his firm. How much more help are you going to get than that from someone? Jimmy would probably get me murdered in some scam like he almost did those skateboard s.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    So I must be the only person in the world who likes both Chuck and Skylar.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    Chuck is an asshole, but he's typically an asshole for the right reasons.

Those people suck, but only because you can't manipulate them.

People like Jimmy are a firms nightmare.

People are literally actively rooting for a guy we like now because he's slick, but we've seen this good man/bad person sort of character manufacture evidence, steal evidence, manipulate evidence, manipulate the law for his own gain, manipulate people for own gain, and cost everyone else everything.

We forget Jimmy, while taking care of his brother, was pushing for HHM to buy him out. It was a meal ticket caring.

Was there legitimate bonds? Sure.

Didn't stop him from screwing him over.

Jimmy is exactly as Chuck says: a chimpanzee with a machine gun. It's funny to watch until your the one shot.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Jimmy is exactly as Chuck says: a chimpanzee with a machine gun. It's funny to watch until your the one shot.
    Did he say that in the disbarment trial? I must have missed that line.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    Chuck says it to Jimmy when confronted with why Chuck blocked him from getting a lawyer gig at HHM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Definitely Chuck man, he bailed Jimmy out of prison

Jimmy would get you in knee-deep of while helping you since he probably hustled/committed a crime to 'help' you anyways. And what if you're not a friend of Jimmy, like 99.99% of the population? To Jimmy, you're a potential mark, tbh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Toronto Raptors
    I almost called it the 'Walter White' syndrome when describing Jimmy to your earlier. I stopped rooting for Walt by the end of season 1, but I remember him having this huge following that rationalized everything he did. I wasn't a huge fan of Skylar, but she was much more of a sympathetic character than Walt. People probably hated her for having -face tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Well I don't think people rooted for Walt because they liked him... it was more of an excitement factor to see "how the is he getting out of this cluster " and wanting to keep enjoying the ride of the show.

It's impossible to watch BB and not constantly mumble "what an asshole" after every other WW scene

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I almost called it the 'Walter White' syndrome when describing Jimmy to your earlier. I stopped rooting for Walt by the end of season 1, but I remember him having this huge following that rationalized everything he did. I wasn't a huge fan of Skylar, but she was much more of a sympathetic character than Walt. People probably hated her for having -face tbh.
    It's like Skylar for not being a subservient dog to Walt. She catches him in obvious lies and she's supposed to just play along? I mean the only time in the series I thought she was being annoying was when she nagged him in the first episode about how we don't use the Master Card.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    I think most people hated Skylar because of IFT when Walt had Cancer.

To many, that immorality to break up a family was worse than Walt's immorality to save his.

She was sympathetic op to that point.

Unplanned Pregnant at middle age, basically poor, husband has terminal cancer, then new mom (again) who has to work to help with bills.

Then IFT and she's a total .

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    It's like Skylar for not being a subservient dog to Walt. She catches him in obvious lies and she's supposed to just play along? I mean the only time in the series I thought she was being annoying was when she nagged him in the first episode about how we don't use the Master Card.
    she half played along. always being passive aggressive because she was too weak to make a stand one way or another.

also yeah, ift

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    she half played along. always being passive aggressive because she was too weak to make a stand one way or another.

also yeah, ift
    She played along in the end, but she was one of the main victims the first 3-4 seasons. Also LOL at people complaining about her ing Ted. Is she supposed to leave her kids alone with Walt? He wasn't going to let her have them and Walt was essentially holding her hostage. Cucking him is the one thing she could do to get back at him other than going to the cops and losing her home in the best case.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    She played along in the end, but she was one of the main victims the first 3-4 seasons. Also LOL at people complaining about her ing Ted. Is she supposed to leave her kids alone with Walt? He wasn't going to let her have them and Walt was essentially holding her hostage. Cucking him is the one thing she could do to get back at him other than going to the cops and losing her home in the best case.
    not like ing ted accomplished anything to help the kids

and she only started that after the incident where she called the police

Thread Information