Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What were you expecting tbh?
    Less Mike, more Saul. I enjoy watching Jimmy/Saul, the struggling, morally challenged lawyer. And I've found the new characters on that side of the storyline interesting (Chuck, Kim, etc). Other than the fact that he ends up as a strip mall criminal defense attorney, we knew very little about Saul's past going in. All the Gus stuff we already know happens and just feels like fan service.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Got behind. I'm on episode 7; episode 10 coming out tomorrow. Will check in when I'm caught up.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    This season felt like it ended on a whimper these last few episodes. The lab construction dragged on half a season without any real payoff and god it looks like it will trudge on through season 5. I loved seeing the return of Slipping Jimmy earlier in the season but I didn't really get Kim's look of disapproval when Jimmy ran back to register to practice under the name Saul Goodman. He already told her he was going to do it last episode.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I enjoyed it but def could have been much better. I feel more wanting to rewatch breaking bad than watching new season of BCS.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I can't see this going any longer than one more season.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This season felt like it ended on a whimper these last few episodes. The lab construction dragged on half a season without any real payoff and god it looks like it will trudge on through season 5. I loved seeing the return of Slipping Jimmy earlier in the season but I didn't really get Kim's look of disapproval when Jimmy ran back to register to practice under the name Saul Goodman. He already told her he was going to do it last episode.
    I think she was disappointed because she believed that he was really feeling some pain during the proceedings when talking about Chuck. He was showing some signs of being an normal human.
    But when she found out it was just an act, it kind of crushed her.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I think she was disappointed because she believed that he was really feeling some pain during the proceedings when talking about Chuck. He was showing some signs of being an normal human.
    But when she found out it was just an act, it kind of crushed her.
    I don't know, Kim helped him with his tombstone and reading room scams to try to play up grief for Chuck that she knew wasn't there. Maybe she figured the suspension would make him play more by the rules and not less but she realized the latter when Jimmy wanted to change the name he was practicing under. Though that doesn't seem to fit either considering how she encouraged more of his scamming behavior with the Mesa Verde plans after the scam they ran to free Huell.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I don't know, Kim helped him with his tombstone and reading room scams to try to play up grief for Chuck that she knew wasn't there. Maybe she figured the suspension would make him play more by the rules and not less but she realized the latter when Jimmy wanted to change the name he was practicing under. Though that doesn't seem to fit either considering how she encouraged more of his scamming behavior with the Mesa Verde plans after the scam they ran to free Huell.
    Yeah...agree with all of that. Kim being in on the scams and trying get Jimmy back in. But I think she still believed he had some sort of heart. And she'd been harping on him to see a therapist because she didn't believe he was handling Chuck's death very well. Keeping it bottled up inside him. Then at that last hearing, I think she thought it was a breakthrough for Jimmy. Finally coming to terms with Chuck's death and having some grief. Kim started to tear up as well in the courtroom. I think it hit home for her that she's chosen to spend her life with someone who might lack any kind of real feelings.

Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    Kim clearly thought she was helping Jimmy come to grips with his grief, or helping to tease the grief out of him.
    Remember how flippant Jimmy was about first reading the letter in the first place? Didn’t give one quick shot about it.

She figured that was simply him putting up a strong front, that when confronted with the truth of it all, the real process of Jimmy/Chuck would be revealed, and, even if raw or not-well-rounded, the sincerity of even calling Chuck a Son of a in front of the review board would help Jimmy realize real emotions, and help others see Jimmy as real, and still processing the most difficult of situations.

When he gave his speech, her grin was of culmination and approval, like parents watching a kid who struggled with school graduate high school or college.

Her shock at his revelation was both acknowledging Jimmy the Anti-hero was probably Jimmy the criminal all along, and, awareness that she was complicit in aiding, encouraging, and, now, empowering that man.

It was a slower season, and, it gravely missed Chuck. But Kim now knows she’s loaded the chimp with a machine gun.
    Last edited by JMarkJohns; 10-10-2018 at 02:32 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    [QUOTE=J But Kim now knows she’s looked the chinp with a machine gun.[/QUOTE]

I was with ya until that. I assume that was "chump" or "chimp".
    Looked the chump with a machine gun.
    Loaded the chimp with a machine gun.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    I was with ya until that. I assume that was "chump" or "chimp".
    Looked the chump with a machine gun.
    Loaded the chimp with a machine gun.
    It’s a reference back to season 1, and what Chuck called Jimmy being a Lawyer.

Obviously long messages typed on a cell phone on a forum without a mobile friendly browser creates mistypes.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Alabama Crimson Tide
    Way too much time wasted on the Germans. Nacho almost completely disappeared from relevance by the end. The new Salamanca guy should make a damn good villain next season.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Kim clearly thought she was helping Jimmy come to grips with his grief, or helping to tease the grief out of him.
    Remember how flippant Jimmy was about first reading the letter in the first place? Didn’t give one quick shot about it.

She figured that was simply him putting up a strong front, that when confronted with the truth of it all, the real process of Jimmy/Chuck would be revealed, and, even if raw or not-well-rounded, the sincerity of even calling Chuck a Son of a in front of the review board would help Jimmy realize real emotions, and help others see Jimmy as real, and still processing the most difficult of situations.

When he gave his speech, her grin was of culmination and approval, like parents watching a kid who struggled with school graduate high school or college.

Her shock at his revelation was both acknowledging Jimmy the Anti-hero was probably Jimmy the criminal all along, and, awareness that she was complicit in aiding, encouraging, and, now, empowering that man.

It was a slower season, and, it gravely missed Chuck. But Kim now knows she’s loaded the chimp with a machine gun.
    I guess it's in character for Kim to be that ridiculously gullible based on the way Jimmy has had her wrapped around his finger the entire series. Maybe it's bias from knowing who Jimmy became in Breaking Bad, but nothing about these last few episodes looked like anything other than a big act with him pretending he gave a about Chuck. Hopefully that realization makes Kim walk but I'm guessing she doesn't and Jimmy either gets her killed or thrown in prison next season.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Way too much time wasted on the Germans.
    I guess what came out of that story line was showing Mike finally making that transformation into stone cold killer Breaking Bad Mike. I guess in parallel with Jimmy finally in earnest becoming Breaking Bad Saul. That murder was pretty hard to watch.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    I guess it's in character for Kim to be that ridiculously gullible based on the way Jimmy has had her wrapped around his finger the entire series. Maybe it's bias from knowing who Jimmy became in Breaking Bad, but nothing about these last few episodes looked like anything other than a big act with him pretending he gave a about Chuck. Hopefully that realization makes Kim walk but I'm guessing she doesn't and Jimmy either gets her killed or thrown in prison next season.
    I wrote elsewhere Kim is getting caught for her and disbarred. She probably doesn’t take down Jimmy, because by then I think they are finished, and she clearly doesn’t like lawyering, just the game. She’s Iverson. All the nitty gritty? Nah... but the game when it matters? But like Iverson, though, that strategy is bound to break down, and, ultimately, cost you dearly.

Being disbarred is hugely significant for Kim, because Law is all she’s known, 2. It will cement her status alongside Jimmy, which I don’t see her embracing, 3. It will likely reflect badly on her clients/firm who hold significant power, and, 4. Likely leads her back to “the good stuff.”

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I wrote elsewhere Kim is getting caught for her and disbarred. She probably doesn’t take down Jimmy, because by then I think they are finished, and she clearly doesn’t like lawyering, just the game. She’s Iverson. All the nitty gritty? Nah... but the game when it matters? But like Iverson, though, that strategy is bound to break down, and, ultimately, cost you dearly.

Being disbarred is hugely significant for Kim, because Law is all she’s known, 2. It will cement her status alongside Jimmy, which I don’t see her embracing, 3. It will likely reflect badly on her clients/firm who hold significant power, and, 4. Likely leads her back to “the good stuff.”
    Damn that's a sad future for Kim and I can definitely see things going like that. Maybe she gets drunk and drives her car into a tree or off the side of a hill the night she gets disbarred.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    Damn that's a sad future for Kim and I can definitely see things going like that. Maybe she gets drunk and drives her car into a tree or off the side of a hill the night she gets disbarred.
    I think the flash forward to the office shredding party earlier I. Saul Goodman’s office a hint was dropped that Kim is living, but very distant from Jimmy. He relays a message that is to be said to an unnamed party as he’s about to flee forever. Pretty sure it’s Kim.

But I definitely see a spiral that someone who has just enough conscience to know right from wrong will feel bad enough abou the wrong committed that Kim just loses it. I’ve seen it in real life. Seems a perfect setup.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I think the flash forward to the office shredding party earlier I. Saul Goodman’s office a hint was dropped that Kim is living, but very distant from Jimmy. He relays a message that is to be said to an unnamed party as he’s about to flee forever. Pretty sure it’s Kim.
    Damn I forgot that.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    Damn I forgot that.
    I’m actively arguing with someone who thinks Jimmy might not have broken bad except for Chuck, as if Jimmy with Chuck’s support didn’t almost kill two kids in a hustle to secure a client in the first goddamn episode where they recall the origins of Slippin’ Jimmy.

Jimmy was always Saul. Just sometimes he was better at hiding it.

Honestly, has he ever had an honest process with his practice? One? We were all Kim, thinking Jimmy was an Anti-hero simply because we didn’t like Chuck and Howard, when Jimmy was always the criminal and without Chuck’s sorta leash of approval, Jimmy is free to fully embrace his nature.

In the hearing he talked about living up to the name McGill as a lawyer, and then immediately goes to a DBA.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    I was halfway through episode seven but didn't finish it when I saw there was seven episodes of Always Sunny Season 13 up. When I went to resume tonight, the episode was pulled. Watching episode eight tonight. Then I'll have two left to finish the season.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Cutting off a piece of the dude's ear was a bit Hollywood, imo.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Anyone watching Lodge 49? I watched the first couple episodes but wasn't hooked.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Anyone watching Lodge 49? I watched the first couple episodes but wasn't hooked.
    No...I thought about it and then forgot.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Just finished the season. I'd say the main point of this season was the changing dynamic between Jimmy and Kim and her realizing that he is a bad dude. The digging the hole, Lalo, drug pusher sh** was all pretty much filler. The cel phone stuff and Jimmy stunts were classic BCS though.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Just finished the season. I'd say the main point of this season was the changing dynamic between Jimmy and Kim and her realizing that he is a bad dude. The digging the hole, Lalo, drug pusher sh** was all pretty much filler. The cel phone stuff and Jimmy stunts were classic BCS though.
    It was still better than most stuff on TV but to me, this was by far the least entertaining season.

Thread Information