Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Soft Like Twinkie Filling Juggity's Avatar
    Name
    asdf
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Really? I thought it was an interesting insight into who Ehrmantraut was. You never learned a whole lot about him in Breaking Bad, and he's a fascinating character.
    I don't know, I guess my perception is that Banks is not that great an actor and his character just kind of annoys me with his deliberate slowness. This episode was probably the most range he's ever shown as an actor, so I give him credit for that, but overall I've been getting used to the fast-paced and lighthearted Saul-driven episodes, and I just feel like Mike is dragging the show down a bit. I was never a huge fan of him in Breaking Bad either tbh.

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Great episode last night!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Better Call Mike. I like Saul better as a role player. Not the leader.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Nice to get some back story on Mike......dudes a bad mofo.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    People have to forget about Saul from Breaking Bad and realize this is about Jimmy McGill. I think he's an interesting enough character to be the lead of this show.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Finally caught the last two episodes. I like the backstory on Mike and how he eventually will become Sauls go to guy. But Odenkirk carries the show. Tormented Jimmy trying to do the right thing.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I don't know, I guess my perception is that Banks is not that great an actor and his character just kind of annoys me with his deliberate slowness. This episode was probably the most range he's ever shown as an actor, so I give him credit for that, but overall I've been getting used to the fast-paced and lighthearted Saul-driven episodes, and I just feel like Mike is dragging the show down a bit. I was never a huge fan of him in Breaking Bad either tbh.
    Banks do what he do. Basically reprising his role from Wise Guy. But he has shown some range these last two weeks. He was obviously a character that interested people watching BB. I don't think they will need to give him any more full episodes. But I'm glad they spent the time to fill us in.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    I keep waiting for Jimmy McGill to turn into Saul Goodman but it doesn't look like it's happening this season. The dude just can't catch a break. What Chuck said to him at the end of this last episode was ed up, felt bad for my Saul tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I keep waiting for Jimmy McGill to turn into Saul Goodman but it doesn't look like it's happening this season. The dude just can't catch a break. What Chuck said to him at the end of this last episode was ed up, felt bad for my Saul tbh.
    IDK. At first, I thought Jimmy wasn't going to let on to Chuck that he knew. But I'm thinking that conversation was what's going to move him to become Saul. He tried to get ahead by working hard and the comments from his brother may have convinced him that he'll never be a "real lawyer". If I had to guess, I'd say that the next episode ends up with more disappointment for Jimmy and the final scence of the season shows him with a name change to Saul Goodman.

In any event, I really like the show.

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I really like it too. I didn't understand a few weeks ago why some posters were complaining about the Chuck storyline, it has been my favorite all series. The flashbacks in the first few episodes showed the dislike and lack of respect Chuck has for Jimmy, then his EMF hypersensitivity kind of equalizes them. Chuck counts on Jimmy for his adl needs and Jimmy takes on a caretaker role giving him the opportunity to pay back the times Chuck has gotten him out of trouble. But as soon as Chuck starts to emerge and feel better, he's able to manipulate the power balance back for his own advantage. On Breaking Bad, I always found Saul to be a sympathetic character, under his flamboyance was a lot of common sense. And like Mike, I've really enjoyed seeing how they became who they are.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I really like it too. I didn't understand a few weeks ago why some posters were complaining about the Chuck storyline, it has been my favorite all series. The flashbacks in the first few episodes showed the dislike and lack of respect Chuck has for Jimmy, then his EMF hypersensitivity kind of equalizes them. Chuck counts on Jimmy for his adl needs and Jimmy takes on a caretaker role giving him the opportunity to pay back the times Chuck has gotten him out of trouble. But as soon as Chuck starts to emerge and feel better, he's able to manipulate the power balance back for his own advantage. On Breaking Bad, I always found Saul to be a sympathetic character, under his flamboyance was a lot of common sense. And like Mike, I've really enjoyed seeing how they became who they are.
    Yeah, I think the character development are why this and Breaking Bad are so good. They could have easily just focused on Saul and not go into Chuck or Mike's background. But the fact they do take time to develop those characters gives insight into why they (especially Chuck) interact with Saul like they do. Which in turn enhances the story line. Just really well done. I find myself watching it and trying to figure out how much ahead of time they plan all of the different characters nuances. And as shady as Saul and Mike are, they're certainly likeable. Even developing Howard and showing that as unlikeable as he is, he has some conflicts in treating Saul like he does (or is forced to). All great stuff. Hate that the season is almost over.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I really had my doubts early on, but this is becoming a truly great show. And I think Chuck is right about Saul. So much of that case is Chuck's. He was the one putting together the shredded do ents while Saul was napping on the couch. Cold as the way he leads Jimmy on to be his errand boy though. To be the one meeting with the old people, to be the one dumpster diving. I bet Chuck dies the next episode.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    I really had my doubts early on, but this is becoming a truly great show. And I think Chuck is right about Saul. So much of that case is Chuck's. He was the one putting together the shredded do ents while Saul was napping on the couch. Cold as the way he leads Jimmy on to be his errand boy though. To be the one meeting with the old people, to be the one dumpster diving. I bet Chuck dies the next episode.
    Nah, brah. Jimmy did all the legwork...stumbling into it was bc of the relationships he built with the elderly and the dumpster diving was all him not Chuck's idea. Chuck put the shredded do ents together bc an exhausted Jimmy served them to him on a silver platter. There was a load of them too so I'm sure Jimmy put his share of them together.

I mean he asked him for advice but it's his ing brother. I'd have asked for advice too.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Chuck is cold as for doing jimmy like that. Tbf though, jimmy should just take the money and pursue his own career. He's better than HHM.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Has Jimmy ed Kim before? Are they friends with benefits? I definitely agree that Chuck is cold as . I think he is jealous of how successful Jimmy has become in a short amount of time. He's mad that he's an agoraphobic wimp and Jimmy is busting his ass for his clients. Is Tuco going to be in the season finale? I want to see another scene with Mike and Nacho.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins

Seek True Love, within. bigzak25's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Shame there is only one episode left this year...show is great. And Jimmy brother after that ...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Shame there is only one episode left this year...show is great. And Jimmy brother after that ...
    I haven't looked. I hope it's at least 1 1/2 hours.

Der Willis der Spurs wird siegen! FlAVaK's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I haven't looked. I hope it's at least 1 1/2 hours.
    Looks like it´s as long as the others: http://www.amctv.com/schedule#series/Better-Call-Saul

Name
    Ubuntu
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Orlando Magic
    His own brother all this time.....

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Damn, the season is already over? Smh..

I didn't really buy the criticism from people from the onset, tbh, I've been hooked since the 1st episode..the Breaking Bad factor is both a positive/negative, for obvious reasons, which is the reason for the mixed reviews at the beginning IMO..the show has built it's own iden y, at this point, though, fortunately..

Chuck's actions were justifiable IMO..nepotism/helping your family is one thing, but working hard for years to reach your status, and watching somebody(even your own brother) take a fast shortcut to reach your level would be pretty frustrating, tbh..

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Love this show, it's very different from BB but it still feels like the BB universe.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    great season finale

Ironically, this refusal to be daring is the most daring thing the show could have done. Written and directed by Peter Gould, the co-creator of both the character and his solo series, tonight's episode — "Marco" — played out with the confidence that we didn't need to see fireworks to enjoy the show. And you know what? That's probably right.
    http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/recap...g-man-20150406

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    ^Idk Im a big fan of show but the finale did feel underwhelming. Not a bad episode but I was expecting something spectacular tbh.

Thread Information