Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I really love the way the show has integrated Ehrmantraut. It just keeps getting better throughout the season.
    Yeah he is one the best antihero's I've ever seen written/acted.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    That last episode. Damn. Who the is Mike going to get? And the cracks of Saul is showing in Jimmy with undermining his bosses with the commercial. A few episodes in and this season is already better than the first.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    That last episode. Damn. Who the is Mike going to get? And the cracks of Saul is showing in Jimmy with undermining his bosses with the commercial. A few episodes in and this season is already better than the first.
    Each episode this season has been better than the last. That hour goes by way too quick. Can't tell if his daughter in law is crazy or just a liar.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    i love premium channels because episodes are about an hour long... and these cable shows are a 35 minute show.

however, this season has been great so far. A few notches below Breaking Bad level.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    i love premium channels because episodes are about an hour long... and these cable shows are a 35 minute show.

however, this season has been great so far. A few notches below Breaking Bad level.
    Definitely not Breaking Bad. But I would put it closer than a few notches. Even though it's doesn't have the action of BB, it moves along and keeps me interested for the full show.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Great show...love it. Am I the only one that loves Mike's story line much more than Saul's at this point? Saul's drags a bit with all the law firm drama but Mike's scenes are the .

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    I don't mind Mike's storyline but Jimmy is what makes the show tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I don't mind Mike's storyline but Jimmy is what makes the show tbh.
    Bend over I'll give you a jimmy

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Can't tell if his daughter in law is crazy or just a liar.
    I'm wondering about that too...though I have no idea what her angle might be if she's lying

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm wondering about that too...though I have no idea what her angle might be if she's lying
    I was thinking that maybe she's trying to con her way to a nicer place. But I'm leaning toward her being a little nuts.

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I was thinking that maybe she's trying to con her way to a nicer place. But I'm leaning toward her being a little nuts.
    I think she's just bracing Mike for when she breaks it to him that she's moving in with some guy who owns a big house in a good neighborhood.

But I havent seen the latest so I don't know if anything came of that.

Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    In one way Better Call Saul is better than Breaking Bad:

It has stronger, more established characters and a cohesive initial story for its first 15 episodes.

If you're honest with yourself, BB had several flaws early, then found a stride mid-way through season 2. The writers' strike combined with shifts in character narrative made for some abrupt shifts the first few seasons. The brilliance of the show was it embraced the inconsistencies, wrote them into the complex nature of the story, and both transcended the early issues as well as maximized their potential within the story arc, so it's almost nothing when both Jessie and Walt go full 180 in a matter of episodes, followed by another full 180, because that's. Who they are. They have moments of badass followed by moments of punks as. They have times of without conscience, and moments ruled by conscience.

Truth, the greatness of BCS is that it took two of the most steady, most consistent characters from BB and added complexity to their straight-forwardness.

So, at the beginning, it's a stronger, more coherent story.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I think she's just bracing Mike for when she breaks it to him that she's moving in with some guy who owns a big house in a good neighborhood.

But I havent seen the latest so I don't know if anything came of that.
    Mike got super pissed and shot her and his granddaughter.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

It has stronger, more established characters and a cohesive initial story for its first 15 episodes.

If you're honest with yourself, BB had several flaws early, then found a stride mid-way through season 2. The writers' strike combined with shifts in character narrative made for some abrupt shifts the first few seasons. The brilliance of the show was it embraced the inconsistencies, wrote them into the complex nature of the story, and both transcended the early issues as well as maximized their potential within the story arc, so it's almost nothing when both Jessie and Walt go full 180 in a matter of episodes, followed by another full 180, because that's. Who they are. They have moments of badass followed by moments of punks as. They have times of without conscience, and moments ruled by conscience.

Truth, the greatness of BCS is that it took two of the most steady, most consistent characters from BB and added complexity to their straight-forwardness.

I agree with this take. Of course, out of necessity for the crazier story line, BB needed to take more liberties.
    But I am enjoying BCS as much as I did BB I think. Especially this season.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Mike got super pissed and shot her and his granddaughter.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks

I agree...I actually fell asleep several times watching season 1 of BB

That fly episode was an absolute snooze fest too and anyone who thinks it had some incredible deeper secret meaning is a pseudo intellectual tbh...the writers probably laugh their asses off at some of the theories that float around lmao

Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    Breaking Bad just simply didn't know what it was or where it was going for almost two full seasons. The characters were all over the place in mentality, actions, conscience, and their character arcs at times felt over the top and other times felt underwhelming.

Ultimately this made the characters real, if not identifiable. Most tv characters are too perfect, even in their imperfection, where they are actually a bit off-putting because everything works out for them. It's one of my many complaints about Walking Dead.

Thus far Better Call Saul has stronger, more defined characters in an already known story arc, and while these characters are closer to perfect than imperfect, and are more consistent than inconsistent, ultimately things aren't working perfectly for the characters, so they still feel real, even if some of the storylines have been pretty absurd: I see you, Squat Cobbler!

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    So Chuck was right to keep Jimmy out of his law firm. LOL at him making his new firm look like ambulance chasers with that commercial.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    So Chuck was right to keep Jimmy out of his law firm. LOL at him making his new firm look like ambulance chasers with that commercial.
    But look at how many calls they got!!!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Last episode was kind of slow but probably necessary to set up the rest of the season. The Mike scenes are always good to keep a little action involved though.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah definitely the weakest episode this season.. but overall still good

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah definitely the weakest episode this season.. but overall still good
    But that last scene was worth it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I really liked the episode. You see Kim putting in all this work to try to get out of the basement and then Howard shoots her down just like Chuck did Jimmy. Makes you wonder if she's going to become a crook down the road too thanks to Saul. Makes you wonder if she'll end up in jail after following his lead.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Is the black lady at the county office the one who becomes his secretary in BB?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Is the black lady at the county office the one who becomes his secretary in BB?
    I thought his secretary was a fat Mexican woman with big s in BB.

Thread Information