Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 LastLast
    I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I'm about to start this season soon, been looking forward to it. Was waiting to rewatch the whole thing with my lady, but we are too far into something else for me to wait

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I'm about to start this season soon, been looking forward to it. Was waiting to rewatch the whole thing with my lady, but we are too far into something else for me to wait
    Well you got till July 11th to catch up on the first 7 episodes. Wonder if Odenkirk's heart attack caused the delay or if Gilligan always planned to split the final season in two. Saw an interview with the guy who plays Howard who said they got lucky Odenkirk had his heart attack right in front of everyone on the set and instead of in his trailer and dying.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 05-24-2022 at 05:03 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Is no one watching this any more or something?
    Yeah I'm waiting until July to see the whole thing together

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Well you got till July 11th to catch up on the first 7 episodes. Wonder if Odenkirk's heart attack caused the delay or if Gilligan always planned to split the final season in two. Saw an interview with the guy who plays Howard who said they got lucky Odenkirk had his heart attack right in front of everyone on the set and instead of in his trailer and dying.
    i think i read that they divided it so that each half would qualify for emmy awards for separate years or something, idk

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    i think i read that they divided it so that each half would qualify for emmy awards for separate years or something, idk
    Last night was like the BCS Ozymandias. Might have even been a better episode. They gotta win something for that.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I watched the first two tonight, can't wait to catch up!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Got a question for spurraider21 and vy65 since you guys are lawyers. I don't know if you watch this show, but one of the main plots centered on Jimmy (crooked lawyer) doctoring an address from 1261 Rosella Dr to 1216 Rosella Dr in do ents his brother Chuck (world class lawyer) was working on to get a bank expansion approved in order to fail the application and embarrass Chuck's firm. Chuck says it's impossible the do ents weren't doctored because he could have never confused 1261 for 1216 since 1216 is one after Magna Carta.

Now I recognize this one after Magna Carta kind of memorization technique because I used it extensively to learn kanji when I first started studying Japanese. I'd make stories that were easily memorable. As an example, consider the kanji 伯, which has a meaning kind of like chief or duke in Japanese. It's a combination of the person kanji 人 (which is abbreviated to looking like イ here) and the kanji 白 for white. And I would always use "Mr T" instead of person since person is too generic and not memorable. So the way I'd remember 伯 = person + white is chief is "Mr T should have been chief of the A-Team but they always pick the white guy." So Chuck is doing something similar with one after Magna Carta for 1216 which I think it makes it wholly reasonable there would be no way in he would have mixed 1261 Rosella Dr with 1216 Rosella Dr.

I know these kind of techniques have been used for thousands of years to for example memorize speeches and such. But is this a widespread practice among lawyers too? To use these kind of memorization techniques to break things that would be really tough to remember into unrelated things that are much easier to picture? I know you guys just have to remember ridiculous amounts of information.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 05-26-2022 at 12:41 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Got a question for spurraider21 and vy65 since you guys are lawyers. I don't know if you watch this show, but one of the main plots centered on Jimmy (crooked lawyer) doctoring an address from 1261 Rosella Dr to 1216 Rosella Dr in do ents his brother Chuck (world class lawyer) was working on to get a bank expansion approved in order to fail the application and embarrass Chuck's firm. Chuck says it's impossible the do ents weren't doctored because he could have never confused 1261 for 1216 since 1216 is one after Magna Carta.

Now I recognize this one after Magna Carta kind of memorization technique because I used it extensively to learn kanji when I first started studying Japanese. I'd make stories that were easily memorable. As an example, consider the kanji 伯, which has a meaning kind of like chief or duke in Japanese. It's a combination of the person kanji 人 (which is abbreviated to looking like イ here) and the kanji 白 for white. And I would always use "Mr T" instead of person since person is too generic and not memorable. So the way I'd remember 伯 = person + white is chief is "Mr T should have been chief of the A-Team but they always pick the white guy." So Chuck is doing something similar with one after Magna Carta for 1216 which I think it makes it wholly reasonable there would be no way in he would have mixed 1261 Rosella Dr with 1216 Rosella Dr.

I know these kind of techniques have been used for thousands of years to for example memorize speeches and such. But is this a widespread practice among lawyers too? To use these kind of memorization techniques to break things that would be really tough to remember into unrelated things that are much easier to picture? I know you guys just have to remember ridiculous amounts of information.
    not that i know of. chuck is just eccentric as

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I am caught up, damn!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Detroit Pistons
    College
    Michigan Wolverines
    Funny how every thread in here it’s always the exact same posters with the garbage takes

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Detroit Pistons
    College
    Michigan Wolverines
    At first I didn’t love the Howard death tbh, it felt like a “just kill him so that we don’t have to force him into the plot anymore” type of writer’s room solution. But now I can see some of the directions they can go with this.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    At first I didn’t love the Howard death tbh, it felt like a “just kill him so that we don’t have to force him into the plot anymore” type of writer’s room solution. But now I can see some of the directions they can go with this.
    Thought it made sense, Jimmy hurts everyone around him. Kind of expecting one of the last scenes of the series to be Gene finding Kim working some crappy diner in the middle of nowhere in Nebraska. Hopefully they can make her look as fat as El Camino Todd too.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Just watched all of the new episodes in the last two days. As of now, this is probably in my top 5 shows of all time. Even though some of the things Jimmy pulls off are as unbelievable as Ozark, I never really think about it while watching the show. It's just incredibly well done. Not to mention all the little things. From the opening scenes to each episode, to the camera angles. Even the seemingly insignificant shots on things like a water sprinkler for a few seconds...it just makes the show so good.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Thought it made sense, Jimmy hurts everyone around him. Kind of expecting one of the last scenes of the series to be Gene finding Kim working some crappy diner in the middle of nowhere in Nebraska. Hopefully they can make her look as fat as El Camino Todd too.
    That's part of the tension I feel when I watch. Wondering if Kim is even alive at the end.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    That's part of the tension I feel when I watch. Wondering if Kim is even alive at the end.
    The fact that Saul has Francesca go and wait for that phonecall at 3PM on his birthday in that scene where they're destroying all the do ents and he pulls whatever he had stashed in the wall (probably the diamonds) tells me Kim is almost certainly alive. There is no one else he'd be sending Francesca to that payphone on his birthday for.

EDIT: Here's the scene. No way Kim is dead.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The fact that Saul has Francesca go and wait for that phonecall at 3PM on his birthday in that scene where they're destroying all the do ents and he pulls whatever he had stashed in the wall (probably the diamonds) tells me Kim is almost certainly alive. There is no one else he'd be sending Francesca to that payphone on his birthday for.

EDIT: Here's the scene. No way Kim is dead.

Sorry...I don't see it. Can you explain? How do you know that it's not Jimmy that's going to be making the call?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Sorry...I don't see it. Can you explain? How do you know that it's not Jimmy that's going to be making the call?
    In the episode where Jimmy and Kim get married you can see on Jimmy's driver's license his birthdate is November 12, 1960. I don't see why Saul would call Francesca on his birthday at 3PM. Only person in the world who gives a about Saul and would call him on his birthday is Kim.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    In the episode where Jimmy and Kim get married you can see on Jimmy's driver's license his birthdate is November 12, 1960. I don't see why Saul would call Francesca on his birthday at 3PM. Only person in the world who gives a about Saul and would call him on his birthday is Kim.
    Yeah...but it's someone calling Francesca. Why couldn't that be Jimmy? I think you're probably right though.

And how the f did you remember Jimmy's b-date?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Yeah...but it's someone calling Francesca. Why couldn't that be Jimmy? I think you're probably right though.

And how the f did you remember Jimmy's b-date?
    Being that it's on Jimmy's birthday it's almost certain he's sending Francesca in his place to receive a call meant for him. If it wasn't on November 12th I could maybe consider it was Jimmy making a call to Francesca about say recovering some money for him or something but none of that would require waiting for Jimmy's 50th birthday (the ending of Breaking Bad takes place in 2010). Not like he's getting money from Chuck's estate on his 50th birthday since Chuck gave him the $5,000 just to shut him up and not like he's getting anything from his parents on his 50th birthday since it's implied his parents didn't have anything because his dad was so bad with getting scammed and lost the store. I can't see any scenario where it's anyone other than Kim making that call.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Being that it's on Jimmy's birthday it's almost certain he's sending Francesca in his place to receive a call meant for him. If it wasn't on November 12th I could maybe consider it was Jimmy making a call to Francesca about say recovering some money for him or something but none of that would require waiting for Jimmy's 50th birthday (the ending of Breaking Bad takes place in 2010). Not like he's getting money from Chuck's estate on his 50th birthday since Chuck gave him the $5,000 just to shut him up and not like he's getting anything from his parents on his 50th birthday since it's implied his parents didn't have anything because his dad was so bad with getting scammed and lost the store. I can't see any scenario where it's anyone other than Kim making that call.
    I do think you're right. Although the show does throw out a lot of twists. But ultimately, saving Kim and possibly setting her up with some money would make sense. She's clearly the most altruistic person left in the show. It would make a lot of sense to keep her alive. No idea what Gilligan's doing next but she'd be an interesting lead character with the right cast around her.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I do think you're right. Although the show does throw out a lot of twists. But ultimately, saving Kim and possibly setting her up with some money would make sense. She's clearly the most altruistic person left in the show. It would make a lot of sense to keep her alive. No idea what Gilligan's doing next but she'd be an interesting lead character with the right cast around her.
    Kim and altruistic? Don't see that at all. But in Breaking Bad Saul says he's had a client previously who used the vacuum repairman's service and guessing that's going to be Kim. Especially now that the vet is selling his black book and Saul has $7 million coming back to him since Lalo is officially dead before his trial date and thus the bail money will be returned to the person who paid it. I bet he gives her at least half of it before she goes on the run. Would explain his mansion and golden toilet too lol.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Kim and altruistic? Don't see that at all. But in Breaking Bad Saul says he's had a client previously who used the vacuum repairman's service and guessing that's going to be Kim. Especially now that the vet is selling his black book and Saul has $7 million coming back to him since Lalo is officially dead before his trial date and thus the bail money will be returned to the person who paid it. I bet he gives her at least half of it before she goes on the run. Would explain his mansion and golden toilet too lol.
    Yeah...I think she is. Even though she's obviously conflicted, she does seem to want to help clients that don't have the means for good representation. She's taking a huge pay cut to do so. Yeah...I think Saul ultimately buys the black book. It would explain all of his connections in BB.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Finally back tomorrow

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Wonder if they'll do a Gene episode to with everyone expecting to find out what happens after Howard's mind got blown

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    well that was a crazy way to get started back up

Thread Information