Iowa Hawkeyes
    Publicity stunt, tbh.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    It's still super early but it has been pretty mild. And the rain has been great. Although I'll probably wish is was spread out through the whole summer.
    It ain't that early, we're almost in August. Usually the ~9 weeks in June and July are nasty and mid September is when things start getting decent again. If we only end up with ~7 nasty weeks of summer from here to mid September that's still a huge upgrade from the typical ~16 weeks of disgusting summer weather.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It ain't that early, we're almost in August. Usually the ~9 weeks in June and July are nasty and mid September is when things start getting decent again. If we only end up with ~7 nasty weeks of summer from here to mid September that's still a huge upgrade from the typical ~16 weeks of disgusting summer weather.
    Sure. But there have also been times when summer weather drug through September. It's been relatively anomalous having this much rain and cooler weather so far. Just hoping it's just not a delay until 3 months of unbearable heat hits.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Blue Santa gs talking to himself.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Has New Mexico been hot? I imagine we'll finally start seeing normal summer weather in August, but so far this has been the tamest summer I have ever seen in south Texas. It's almost 5:00 and it's only 91 degrees right now. Normally this time of year we're high 90s to low 100s, but this July has been virtually all in the 80s.
    The same omega-block kink in the jet stream that has kept Boise at or over 100 basically all summer has kept most of Texas relatively cool.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It was a heart attack.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    pretty great first 3 eps this season

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    This series, so far, has been sort of lame. After watching fast paced Breaking Bad and El Camino, there are just too many dry toast moments in season one, which I have amost finished. Does it get better in seasons 2-5?

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This series, so far, has been sort of lame. After watching fast paced Breaking Bad and El Camino, there are just too many dry toast moments in season one, which I have amost finished. Does it get better in seasons 2-5?
    The first season of Breaking Bad wasn’t that great either. It was slow pace and not much happened in terms of what you are describing as fast pace.

BCS is the same way in that regard. It picks up midway through season 2 I wanna say.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    The first season of Breaking Bad wasn’t that great either. It was slow pace and not much happened in terms of what you are describing as fast pace.

BCS is the same way in that regard. It picks up midway through season 2 I wanna say.
    Good point about Breaking bad, tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Seasons 2-4 are basically worthless to push the story. Season 5 is great

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    what are you talking about

breaking bad literally was not fast paced at all until the last season, and that was only fast paced by its own standards

el camino was a movie that spanned the events of a couple days, of course its pace is going to be faster

if you just wanna watch a bunch of mindless violence and action, stick to vin diesel movies or FX shows

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Amazing episode. Still think Salamanca is going to go after Nacho's dad though.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    This thread makes me hungry for food involving hot green chile peppers. Unfortunately, I'm going to be at Pappadeaux in SA tonight. On the bright side, it's free food that would otherwise be quite expensive. On the downside, I have to listen to a seminar with my mother about retirement for 2 hours.

Back to the purpose of this post... yep, Breaking Bad / Better Call Saul. ABQ, el Burque.

If you're ever planning on going to the area, I'd recommend this restaurant:

https://www.theranchersclubofnm.com/dinner-menu

They're only open for dinnertime but they have absolute incredible steaks with NM chile/NM seasoning and awesome wild game meat if you're into that (I am and I loved it there).

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    This thread makes me hungry for food involving hot green chile peppers. Unfortunately, I'm going to be at Pappadeaux in SA tonight. On the bright side, it's free food that would otherwise be quite expensive. On the downside, I have to listen to a seminar with my mother about retirement for 2 hours.

Back to the purpose of this post... yep, Breaking Bad / Better Call Saul. ABQ, el Burque.

If you're ever planning on going to the area, I'd recommend this restaurant:

https://www.theranchersclubofnm.com/dinner-menu

They're only open for dinnertime but they have absolute incredible steaks with NM chile/NM seasoning and awesome wild game meat if you're into that (I am and I loved it there).
    andy, with the bads

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins

i didnt realize this until i went back to rewatch the series

now i dont mind a slow show as long as there are good character moments. mad men felt like that too.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

The first season of Breaking Bad is what pulled me in.
    I loved the set up of the characters and all the horrible mistakes they made.
    Imo as it went on, it got way too much like a super hero/villian movie, I liked the stupid mistakes. Walter got way too lucky- bad as the series went on, it made it too easy to be incredibly bad imo.

But all in all I have never seen a series as good as breaking bad.
    I thought The Wire was really good as well.

In Better Call Saul, I find myself not wanting to see his shenanigans' with his female lawyer friend, I just want to see him squirm with the really bad guys.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    So how you all expect the Gene storyline to play out? I think I'm expecting that cab driver and his friend to beat him to death when he tries to handle him after being recognized.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Imo as it went on, it got way too much like a super hero/villian movie, I liked the stupid mistakes. Walter got way too lucky- bad as the series went on, it made it too easy to be incredibly bad imo.

In Better Call Saul, I find myself not wanting to see his shenanigans' with his female lawyer friend, I just want to see him squirm with the really bad guys.
    This

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins

I thought it was awesome seeing how Kim made Lalo squirm though, talking Jimmy out of a death sentence.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I thought it was awesome seeing how Kim made Lalo squirm though, talking Jimmy out of a death sentence.
    More like he didn't give a and left.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    More like he didn't give a and left.
    Nah Lalo didn't believe Jimmy's story until Kim jumped in. He would have definitely killed Jimmy if he thought he was lying.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Nah Lalo didn't believe Jimmy's story until Kim jumped in. He would have definitely killed Jimmy if he thought he was lying.
    Uhh spoilers for the gots who haven't watched it?

Yeah that's what I meant, he would have killed him and went about his day all the same as he ended up doing in the end by just leaving them ting their pants. I was disagreeing with "Lalo was squirming" part of your post.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    reck pgardn and dirksfinale having re ed takes

what a shocker

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    reck pgardn and dirksfinale having re ed takes

what a shocker
    Elaborate.

I'm avocating for Better Call Saul being a great show worth watching just as much as Breaking Bad. I noted how Breaking Bad started slow. Which in fact, it did.

What is your problem exactly?

Thread Information