Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walton: [Dillon Brooks] drives to the lane for simple double clutch layups that tend to amaze you [Dave Pasch]. No wonder you think that MJ is the greatest player ever. I mean, Michael made those plays seem routine.

Pasch: We’re back to this now?

Walton: It all rolls into one. What I loved about Michael Jrdan was his commitment to the team, his emphasis on physical fitness, footwork, fundamentals and his ability to figure out how how they’re going to get the job done. Because Michael, face it -- the guy was basically average in terms of size, strength, speed, jumping ability, all the things that you seem to think make a great player. That guy was just a tremendous visionary like Thomas Edison -- he turned the lights on.

Pasch: I wouldn’t call Michael Jordan average when it comes to, uh, speed and jumping ability.

Walton: Well…

Pasch: Remember when Jordan took off from the freeline in a dunk contest? I know Dr. J had done this previously, but…

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...usaolp00000592
    Last edited by spursparker9; 02-12-2015 at 08:36 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Soft Like Twinkie Filling Juggity's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In today's NBA, Jordan might actually be average in terms of athleticism, but in his day he was head and shoulder above the rest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Later in his career (96-98 with the Bulls, the Wizards), he was only average athletically. But he was still able to score 40 points whenever he wanted because his skill didn't rely on his athleticism. I assume that's what Walton meant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The drugs have done a number on hippie Walton's brain tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He celebrated Boris Diaw long before he became a champion. He is a visionary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If MJ was average then Walton was Laimbeer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In today's NBA, Jordan might actually be average in terms of athleticism, but in his day he was head and shoulder above the rest.
    Are you serious.

Jordan had a 48" vertical leap. That's almost HALF A FOOT higher than Vince Carter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walton. Worst commentator in history of NBA. Israel Gutierrez rising up to challenge however....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walton. Worst commentator in history of NBA. Israel Gutierrez rising up to challenge however....
    No way. Walton is at least entertaining, in a Harry Caray sort of way. Israel is just a canoe.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Thomas Edison line is great.

Walton once called out Parker for making "the worst pass in the history of Western civilization!"

In other words, truth bombs all around.

My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    Walton was always an annoying got, IMO TBH.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    That's ridiculous.

Jordan was an absolute elite athlete. And we're not even mentioning his length and hands which allowed him to be so effective around the rim. While LeBron is a freak as well, there are certain areas where I think Jordan was still more gifted than him. I don't think LeBron for example ever possessed the grace and elasticity that Jordan had, which allowed him to move and shift his body mid-air in search of better angles. LeBron can certainly push people around more easily, but Jordan was able to achieve similar results by being more elastic I think. On the other hand, Kobe I would say was a level below in athleticism to both players.

Even in his second three peat Jordan was still a bull physically, and could back down almost any guard. All of this while retaining more than enough mobility. So that means that even in an advanced age he still possessed great physical attributes that allowed him to pack muscle without losing speed and explosivness. Remember that most older players have gone the other way, they have lost some muscle to retain mobility. Jordan could do both, which shows how great he was.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way. Walton is at least entertaining, in a Harry Caray sort of way. Israel is just a canoe.
    They are all bags, just that the older ones have been around a lot longer so it's been established already. Caray isn't as entertaining as those who imitate him.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Media clutching at any straw they can find to slurp DK, per par. Acting like he wasn't athletic so they can use the same "he worked so hard in the gym and his game was 100% skill!!!" line of bull they use with Kirby

Walton's better than this.

My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    That's ridiculous.

Jordan was an absolute elite athlete. And we're not even mentioning his length and hands which allowed him to be so effective around the rim. While LeBron is a freak as well, there are certain areas where I think Jordan was still more gifted than him. I don't think LeBron for example ever possessed the grace and elasticity that Jordan had, which allowed him to move and shift his body mid-air in search of better angles. LeBron can certainly push people around more easily, but Jordan was able to achieve similar results by being more elastic I think. On the other hand, Kobe I would say was a level below in athleticism to both players.

Even in his second three peat Jordan was still a bull physically, and could back down almost any guard. All of this while retaining more than enough mobility. So that means that even in an advanced age he still possessed great physical attributes that allowed him to pack muscle without losing speed and explosivness. Remember that most older players have gone the other way, they have lost some muscle to retain mobility. Jordan could do both, which shows how great he was.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Throw it down big man. Throw it down.

Where Everything Happens The Franchise's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    It's the dope.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    this (assuming AIR jordan) has to be the dumbest I've ever read

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If GOAT Center Walton is not impressed, then GOAT Center Walton is not impressed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Billy Walton helping bring in another legit Championship in 86.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    7:10 Walton clowns Jordan. Dude thought he could take it up on him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    7:10 Walton clowns Jordan. Dude thought he could take it up on him.

That Smith dude was also murdered by Stern?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    This

The drugs have done a number on hippie Walton's brain tbh

Thread Information