My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Welcome Coach Del Rio! Outside of Rex Ryan, he was my preferred HC candidate from the pool available (Harbaugh/Gruden apparently weren't options).

Offseason Outlook

Free Agency

Have a ton of cap space to go out and get names... hopefully McKenzie won't blow it on a bunch of past their prime dudes again. Some ideal targets would be Randall Cobb, Rodney Hudson, Mike Iupati, Jordan Cameron/Virgil Green.... and possible sleepers like Mike Wallace, Percy Harvin, or Jake Long if they get cut. Defensively, there are some good options too. Most expect Broncos DT Terrance Pot Roast Knighton to reunite with Del Rio for a 3rd stint together. Nate Irving is another Bronco they'll be looking at. They might make some pitch for Ndamukong Suh, but the Lions look primed to make him an offer he won't refuse. That makes Fairley another target at that position, too. They'll probably also look for a DE like Brandon Graham, Jerry Hughes, or Pernell McPhee.

Probable cuts include Matt Schaub, Lamarr Woodley, and Maurice Jones Drew. Antonio Smith and Justin Tuck don't exactly have secure roster spots, though I think they'll hang onto Tuck.

Just read that they cut Tyvon Branch, and I'm not a big fan of that. He was getting overpaid, but cutting him made little sense due to the lack of efficiency there. They're eating 6 mil in dead money just to save 3 mil. I really don't get it. It's not like we need to be cutting corners to get under the cap. Branch is a pretty damn good player when healthy, but he's been injury prone in recent years. Still, given the cap hit compared to the savings, I think it was a dumb move. It also opens up another hole in the starting unit. FS was already fringe with Charles Woodson coming back for perhaps his last year, and now SS has a big hole as well.

Draft

We hold the 4th pick, and for once have a pick every round in the draft. To me, the first rounder has to be one of 3 things...

a) Leonard Williams if he miraculously falls
    b) Trade back with the Eagles/Browns if the opportunity presents itself
    c) Amari Cooper

anything else would be a disappointment.

TL;DR... team needs:

WR, TE, RG, C, DE, MLB, SS

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    Official 2014 thread? Still living in the past...

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Official 2014 thread? Still living in the past...
    LOL... will make a new one

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    LOL... will make a new one
    It's all guud....no worries.

Thread Information