View Poll Results: Most Selfish Spur ever.

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tony

0 0%
  • Parker

0 0%
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    , Pop thinks there's nothing wrong with the Frenchie - dangerous for the Spurs imo. We're going to need everyone to catch fire and start playing at a historic level come playoff time(like last year) in order to offset Tony's terrible play.
    Why do people think pop can't see Tony sucks? Is this fan fiction or a deeply held belief? Isn't it more likely that he's giving Parker ample time to work out his issues given that hes an all time great who deserves such respect. I mean maybe pop is dumb. He's got two good point guards, he could make the switch.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's the big three's numbers against Dallas in 2006:

Two of these guys stepped up against the Mavs. One was highly inefficient and was dragging the offense down. Can you guess who?
    Funny stuff coming from the who gets a hard on for a 12/38 Chimprook performance

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny stuff coming from the who gets a hard on for a 12/38 Chimprook performance
    Do you know the diff between % and TS% you stupid ?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again you claimed Parker took more FG attempts than Duncan and that chart shows it not to be true. So I don't know what you are trying to prove.
    You threw Manu under the bus for that series. The chart shows that Duncan and Manu were pretty damn good (and highly efficient). TP took 38 more shots than Manu and still scored less per game. When you have two guys scoring on ridiculous efficiency(60 TS%) and another scoring at a piss poor 47% TS, it seems strange to blame the guy that actually played well.

And I was talking about the '04 Lakers when I mentioned TP taking more shots than TD. Frenchie took 22 more shots than Duncan over those six games and had a putrid series as far as efficiency goes(42 TS%).

Also hypothetically since you hate Parker who the could the Spurs have gotten at that time to replace him?
    I don't hate TP. I just find him to be incredibly frustrating to watch in the playoffs...turns into a chucker way too often, makes excuses, has problems running the offense, etc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you know the diff between % and TS% you stupid ?
    Makes it even worse for WB you re shot 1/10 from deep that game

Quit sounding like a used condom, and stick to defending YOUR takes

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will the agenda crew settle this for me. Parker under performs in the playoffs. But Harlem and Apo have previously argued that all point guards under perform in the playoffs. Why are you guys so hung up on this? Which is it?

Oh, and LOL at 42% being terrible. Tony, like Koby, took difficult shots. It was the style of the time to heroball. If parker was as bad as you guys say during his supposed peak why was he the spurs starting point guard and not, say beno udrih. Is the greatest coach of all time somehow duped into point guard obsession? why didn't gino start? Why did we abandon four down to run the offense through an inefficient point guard?
    using FG%

And yeah, 47 TS% is BAD...that's Iverson-esque.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Makes it even worse for WB you re shot 1/10 from deep that game

Quit sounding like a used condom, and stick to defending YOUR takes
    TS% stands for true shooting percentage you ing moron. Not three point percentage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TS% stands for true shooting percentage you ing moron. Not three point percentage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    using FG%

And yeah, 47 TS% is BAD...that's Iverson-esque.
    why?

True Shooting Percentage; the formula is PTS / (2 * TSA). True shooting percentage is a measure of shooting efficiency that takes into account field goals, 3-point field goals, and free throws. True Shooting Attempts; the formula is FGA + 0.44 * FTA.
    Glossary | Basketball-Reference.com
    www.basketball-reference.com/about/glossary.html

It looks like you picked at stat that punishes parker for things he wasn't asked to do in the offense.

Tony shoots 42%, he doesn't shoot any threes and shoots 75% from the line. What is the problem? He's the second option that year, third if Manu was playing. Ya'll are cherry picking stats to show things that just aren't there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No numnuts, three point shots are a part of TS%... Chimpbrook shot 1/10 the game he gave you children in vs PHX

Quit contradicting yourself. You go at a player for shooting bad, but ride another just because your midget crew does it

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No numnuts, three point shots are a part of TS%... Chimpbrook shot 1/10 the game he gave you children in vs PHX

Quit contradicting yourself. You go at a player for shooting bad, but ride another just because your midget crew does it
    also his freethrows got.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    also his freethrows got.
    Quiet down downy. I'm talking to someone about stats... Don't make me bring up the thread where you couldn't understand how Kawhi was one of the tiest drivers in the league... And you needed someone to explain to you what my stat meant

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ITs revisionist fan history to suggest parker dictated manu's bench role.You pretend coaches and GMs can go back to 2006 and play Manu heavy minutes. Then the stats would look right to you. You can tell Manu to shoot more. But you can't change history and you look foolish trying to pin parker on sabotaging Manu's career.

Holy , i get it.Manu was better. Thank god TOny could eat so many minutes and not wear Manu into the ground.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quiet down downy. I'm talking to someone about stats... Don't make me bring up the thread where you couldn't understand how Kawhi was one of the tiest drivers in the league... And you needed someone to explain to you what my stat meant
    words vs stats. You don't know the difference.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ITs revisionist fan history to suggest parker dictated manu's bench role.You pretend coaches and GMs can go back to 2006 and play Manu heavy minutes. Then the stats would look right to you. You can tell Manu to shoot more. But you can't change history and you look foolish trying to pin parker on sabotaging Manu's career.

Holy , i get it.Manu was better. Thank god TOny could eat so many minutes and not wear Manu into the ground.
    k.. you are beginning to be one of this sites worst posters of 2015 season. No one even replies to ur ty takes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Finally, agenda crew. Plz address the point guard argument in light of the various attempts to blame parkers playoff numbers for under performance.

This is one of the agenda's crews best most though out arguments! cmon.

Also if one of the short bus could try and answer the query. It's a legitimate basketball question. If you don't want to scroll up or haven't read the point guard thread in the NBA forum i can help you narrow the question and find the relevant sources.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DADOM I CAN"T HEAR YOU< I HAVE YOU ON IGNORE

but i looked at your comment and i accept your criticism, i am a pretty bad poster who has no e-crew nor knowledge of advanced stats. I did not watch the last game...lol. If you reject my role as an interlocutor or arbitrator of logic than so be it. But hey it's not like i haven't just asked the crew to talk basketball with me. They could.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    k.. you are beginning to be one of this sites worst posters of 2015 season. No one even replies to ur ty takes.
    The irony in this post.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DADOM I CAN"T HEAR YOU< I HAVE YOU ON IGNORE

but i looked at your comment and i accept your criticism, i am a pretty bad poster who has no e-crew nor knowledge of advanced stats. I did not watch the last game...lol. If you reject my role as an interlocutor or arbitrator of logic than so be it. But hey it's not like i haven't just asked the crew to talk basketball with me. They could.
    It's alright man. NP

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The irony in this post.
    Lots of Fe in ur diet man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mods should just do you a favor and end your e-life , tbh..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no really cmon, take a stab at it.....why does Harlem say point guards are all inefficient in the playoffs yet single out parker here? It doesn't make sense...can you spot the flaw in my logic?

Lets start here....which point guards elevated their performance in the playoffs. That would be a good start.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dabom if you want to wait until your daddy gets here, just say so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no really cmon, take a stab at it.....why does Harlem say point guards are all inefficient in the playoffs yet single out parker here? It doesn't make sense...can you spot the flaw in my logic?

Lets start here....which point guards elevated their performance in the playoffs. That would be a good start.
    Bc Harlem is a troll. Nobody takes his threads serious besides Robdiaz, Lefty, and his Alt's

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Speedy Claxton and Patty Mills come to mind...

Thread Information