Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    The team wasn't driving with Alex Smith in the 4th or OT. Constant 3 and outs. Giants were most likely to get a play or two from Eli than the Niners were with Alex Smith. He was terrible in the 2nd half of that game. Even if Williams didn't fumble in OT, who's to say the Niners were gonna score? They couldn't move the ball. And no way Smith would have led a comeback at Atlanta down 17-0. He couldn't make enough plays like CK did. And if the Saints would have played a prevent defense than no way the Niners get to the NFC le game. And they would have laid the hammer on the Giants in the Superdome. That Giants defense had no chance against that offense.

The thing is all it would take for Smith to be a SB QB was a couple plays. To act like...oh no no he could never....is silly.

My Team
    New York Jets
    Post Count
    The key to the NFL is putting a team in third and long while you're in third and short.
    Staying in ahead of the down and distance is football 101, everybody knows that.

There's Andrew Luck in that constant third and 6, so what's he have to do, yep, throw the ball. Is RW in that situation?
    Can you post a link that shows a team's average down and distance on 3rd down? Just want to see if the Colts actual average down and distance was 3rd and 6 and compare it to other QBs around the league.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    The thing is all it would take for Smith to be a SB QB was a couple plays. To act like...oh no no he could never....is silly.
    Same thing with Eli in that game.

But he wasn't gonna bring the Niners back from a 17-0 deficit on the road against a good Atlanta team.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Stan Humphries was more talented than Smith. Threw a much better deep ball which was perfect for that Chargers offense in the 90s.
    What?

Humphries has an inferior comp %, an inferior passing rating and he his TD/INT ratio was 89-84, compared to Smith's 122-75.

There is nothing Humphries did better than Smith, nothing.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Same thing with Eli in that game.

But he wasn't gonna bring the Niners back from a 17-0 deficit on the road against a good Atlanta team.
    We don't know what he or anyone else was going to do, so cool acting as if we do, ok?

Who would have...

Fan....that third round QB out of Wisconsin is going to beat out Flynn and in a couple seasons win a SB.

well?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Staying in ahead of the down and distance is football 101, everybody knows that.

Can you post a link that shows a team's average down and distance on 3rd down? Just want to see if the Colts actual average down and distance was 3rd and 6 and compare it to other QBs around the league.
    Dummy, my third and 6 was just an example, ok stupid?

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    What?

Humphries has an inferior comp %, an inferior passing rating and he his TD/INT ratio was 89-84, compared to Smith's 122-75.

Different era of playing. His arm strength was much better. Smith wouldn't have succeeded long-term when WRs were getting mugged at the line of scrimmage. Quit looking at just the numbers. Humphries won road playoff games to lead his team to a Super Bowl. He was a big reason why the Chargers succeeded in the 90s with his deep ball ability, especially on play-action. Noodle-arm Smith wouldn't be as successful.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    We don't know what he or anyone else was going to do, so cool acting as if we do, ok?

Who would have...

Fan....that third round QB out of Wisconsin is going to beat out Flynn and in a couple seasons win a SB.

Well you keep acting like the Niners would have won in OT if Williams didn't fumble.

well?

My Team
    New York Jets
    Post Count
    Dummy, my third and 6 was just an example, ok stupid?
    No really???

I was more curious if the stat actually existed, regardless if you were using an example or not.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Different era of playing. His arm strength was much better. Smith wouldn't have succeeded long-term when WRs were getting mugged at the line of scrimmage. Quit looking at just the numbers. Humphries won road playoff games to lead his team to a Super Bowl. He was a big reason why the Chargers succeeded in the 90s with his deep ball ability, especially on play-action. Noodle-arm Smith wouldn't be as successful.

I saw Humphries from his Redskins days, what are you looking at? Jamarcus Russell could throw it a mile, so what? He was not on a par with Alex Smith and his stats prove that out. Era or no era, he threw a ton of picks and never even had a season where he started all 16 games. You are way off on this one.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    I saw Humphries from his Redskins days, what are you looking at? Jamarcus Russell could throw it a mile, so what? He was not on a par with Alex Smith and his stats prove that out. Era or no era, he threw a ton of picks and never even had a season where he started all 16 games. You are way off on this one.
    Humphries hardly played with the Redskins. A few games maybe. But he was tough as nails. Played thru injuries all the time.

Smith was terrible his first 6 seasons in the league. He finally found the right coach to be a game manager, but came up short when his team needed.

My Team
    Arizona Cardinals
    Post Count
    What?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Humphries hardly played with the Redskins. A few games maybe. But he was tough as nails. Played thru injuries all the time.

Smith was terrible his first 6 seasons in the league. He finally found the right coach to be a game manager, but came up short when his team needed.

You don't appear to take advantage of all the info we have out there. You really don't seem to know what's really going on.

Here ya go...
    http://www.pro-football-reference.co...H/HumpSt00.htm

Now find what Smith has done, ok?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Wanna talk some Thunder Thornton, Prentice Gautt? How about some Sonny Randle/Bobby Joe Conrad? You're a Cards fan. My fav Card....Terry Metcalf.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    "Alice Smith > Stan Humphries" is one of Old got's tiest takes ever, and that's saying something, because he's never had a good one.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    "Alice Smith > Stan Humphries" is one of Old got's tiest takes ever, and that's saying something, because he's never had a good one.
    Dude, how many seasons did Humphries start all 16 games? Oh yeah....ZERO!!!!!!!!! Now talk to me about his 89=84 td/int ratio. Then there's the fact he never had a season where he completed over 59% of his passes. His QBR/passer rating were subpar.

Do you know anything at all?

You ever see him play?

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    You don't appear to take advantage of all the info we have out there. You really don't seem to know what's really going on.

Here ya go...
    http://www.pro-football-reference.co...H/HumpSt00.htm

Now find what Smith has done, ok?
    Smith is a game manager. Couldn't take a stacked team to a Super Bowl unlike CK.

Stan "The Man"!!!!

My Team
    Denver Broncos
    Post Count
    why is Ghazi so sensitive about people hating the Seahawks, tbh?..

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Smith is a game manager. Couldn't take a stacked team to a Super Bowl unlike CK.

Stan "The Man"!!!!
    You really do need to start checking things out, ok? Look at some stats, do some homework, ok? You are so far off it's comical, ok? There are tons of places out there that ya need to start looking into it, ok?

You really don't have a clue, trust me!

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    You really do need to start checking things out, ok? Look at some stats, do some homework, ok? You are so far off it's comical, ok? There are tons of places out there that ya need to start looking into it, ok?

You really don't have a clue, trust me!
    Stan "the Man" led his team to a Super Bowl on the road at Pittsburgh. Smith couldn't get it done against a Giants team who would have gotten smashed in the Superdome. Stan "the Man"!!!!

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Stan "the Man" led his team to a Super Bowl on the road at Pittsburgh. Smith couldn't get it done against a Giants team who would have gotten smashed in the Superdome. Stan "the Man"!!!!
    Dude, ya always look at the body of work, ok? Not a game, a play, a few games...ok? Anyone/everyone can have a play a game or even a season...ok? Look at how someone played over a period of time, ok?

Rookies, sheesh~~~~~~~

Remember 1000 yard rusher Don Woods, of course not.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Dude, ya always look at the body of work, ok? Not a game, a play, a few games...ok? Anyone/everyone can have a play a game or even a season...ok? Look at how someone played over a period of time, ok?

Rookies, sheesh~~~~~~~

Remember 1000 yard rusher Don Woods, of course not.
    Stan "the Man" > game manager Smith

Chargers don't win at Pittsburgh with Gay Manager Smith

Niners don't win at Atlanta with Gay Manager Smith

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Stan "the Man" > game manaSmith

Chargers don't win at Pittsburgh with Gay Manager Smith

Niners don't win at Atlanta with Gay Manager Smith
    Yep, nothing like a QB who has a career comp % of 56.9, hahahaha!!!!!!!!! Smith has a career comp % of 60.4.

Thread Information