Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Did you even read the link? Siberian tigers have killed 1000lbs bears..i dont get why this is so hard to accept by americans.

CubanSucksSuperFunTimeGo! Pauly D's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Jersey Nets
    sure did and then read about those bears. Looks like a big percentage is due to their hibernation and sneak attacks. I'll give you that. Now let's put a grizzly and a Siberian tiger on an open plain like in OP's vids and see how it works out. A tiger wouldn't even get close to its neck and from what I read in your link that's the only chance it has

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Well firsty, the american Grizzly and Siberian don't inhabit the same area..But Siberian Tigers diet consist of 8% Bears..Full grown female bears that weight around 600 lbs...and Full male black bears that weigh around 500-600 lbs..And have killed Adult Brown bears..Brown Bears weights..around 500lbs-1400 lbs..These bears have over 150lbs to 500lbs on tigers but are still a meal..Speed and reflexes kills.
    If Grizzlies and Siberian Tigers lived in the same are, the Grizz would have a diet consisting of 100% Tiger.And 10% berries and poptarts.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    When you say Siberian tigers eat bears, are you meaning grizzly bears...? Obviously Huge ddifference between Brown bear and a. Grizz

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Like I said the only opponent that could hang with a grizz would be a tiger.

If out on the plains a rhino might be able to get in enought long distance rams in. But if the grizz got a hold of him...

Will ignore the elephant for obvious reasons.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Like I said the only opponent that could hang with a grizz would be a tiger.If out on the plains a rhino might be able to get in enought long distance rams in. But if the grizz got a hold of him....
    You mean like an underage tranny tiger? Or just a regular one?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Jersey Nets
    When you say Siberian tigers eat bears, are you meaning grizzly bears...? Obviously Huge ddifference between Brown bear and a. Grizz
    Brown and black bears and from what it looked like they sneak attack them on their backs from up high and go after them when they're in hibernation.

Like I said the only opponent that could hang with a grizz would be a tiger.

If out on the plains a rhino might be able to get in enought long distance rams in. But if the grizz got a hold of him...

Will ignore the elephant for obvious reasons.
    Uhhh ok that's where I gotta draw the line. Rhinos aren't predators so I didn't even feel the need to include them but grizzlies wouldn't be able to do to a rhino. Those things are built to perfection to defend against a single opponent. But you know what would be an awesome matchup? Grizzly vs hippo

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You mean like an underage tranny tiger? Or just a regular one?
    You cannot be this immature ...and...stupid.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    But you know what would be an awesome matchup? Grizzly vs hippo
    Or, a Grizzly vs Alec Baldwin & Anthony Hopkins with a long stick.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Brown and black bears and from what it looked like they sneak attack them on their backs from up high and go after them when they're in hibernation.

Uhhh ok that's where I gotta draw the line. Rhinos aren't predators so I didn't even feel the need to include them but grizzlies wouldn't be able to do to a rhino. Those things are built to perfection to defend against a single opponent. But you know what would be an awesome matchup? Grizzly vs hippo
    Now you're just making excuses...First of all, Save for Male Lions..cats never fight even if they are relatively against bigger than their opponents..They hunt. A battle to death between a Lion and Rhino would spell trouble for a Lion, but Lions hunt rhinos and they do it in a way that they don't have to fight..That's how they "fight" it makes any sense. These animals won't fight like a human to satisfy our entertainment needs.

To sum it, In a habitat of Grizzly bears and Big cats..Big cats are basically the apex predetors.

Also It's funny how people who argue for bears use size but when presented with prof ( even though Russian brown bears are not grizzlies) many of them are similar sizes..

cats eat bears.. Fact.

Grizzlies don't even eat the smaller cougars..lol

Cougars are about 150-200lbs and grizzlies don't mess around with those motherfuxkers.

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

Cougars are about 150-200lbs and grizzlies don't mess around with those motherfuxkers.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    ^mom is trying to protect its young..

This Grizzlies can't even intimidate a 150-220lbs cat.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Again, Siberian Tigers diet consist of 1000lbs Bears...

I don't see Bears doing the same thing...

It's not even close.

I mean if you actually study the animal kingdom, you would know this stuff...

In terms of land predetor..

No Family is better than cats..They are just unbelievably smart, and have the most tools out of any predators out there...Power, speed, sneak, Jump...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

not even a grizzly and this cougar gets tossed aside like nothing

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You are thinking, this is just too perfect it had to be staged. But how could it have been?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

not even a grizzly and this cougar gets tossed aside like nothing
    You have no idea what just occurred in this video don't you?

Fights in animal kingdoms Varry..

Territorial intimidation
    Protecting the young
    Food protextion

will all yield different results..

Heck a huge as 550 single nomad lion wouldn't even dare intimidate a Leopard..it will try to avoid it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    you said they don't even with cougars though. it's because they're not worth their time tbh they just body slam those pussies.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    you said they don't even with cougars though. it's because they're not worth their time tbh they just body slam those pussies.
    Grizzlies won't fuxk around with a cougar..In the Animal Kingdom, you stay away from any capable predators...it's just the way it is.

Cougar run when he saw the mom..

Grizzly had to run when cougar was protecting her young..

you saw the video stop ignoring it...

I've given you faxts, and numbers and you guys are just coming up with gueses..it's silly.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    i raised your fact and numbers with reason and logic and avante's cameo and you still didn't step up to the plate there slugger

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    i raised your fact and numbers with reason and logic and avante's cameo and you still didn't step up to the plate there slugger
    your logic is stupid when it goes against facts..And your reasoning is flat out stupid...

No reasoning from the average joe would beat a researchers fact...

It's like me saying..Killer whales eat white sharks and you would still try to reason even though Whales regularly eat Sharks..oh but he has better instinct. It's stupidity

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    your logic is stupid when it goes against facts..And your reasoning is flat out stupid...

It's like me saying..Killer whales eat white sharks and you would still try to reason even though Whales regularly eat Sharks..oh but he has better instinct. It's stupidity

Logic was created by the Greeks who are fathers of freedom and eagles are the heralds of freedom and eagles agree that bears win because they have a bird's eye view of the fight

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I think it all depends on whether an animal is locked in...

like you were saying... it depends on the situation.. but if a grizzly is locked in like in that wolf video, it just seems very unlikely to be beaten.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Jersey Nets
    Now you're just making excuses...First of all, Save for Male Lions..cats never fight even if they are relatively against bigger than their opponents..They hunt. A battle to death between a Lion and Rhino would spell trouble for a Lion, but Lions hunt rhinos and they do it in a way that they don't have to fight..That's how they "fight" it makes any sense. These animals won't fight like a human to satisfy our entertainment needs.

To sum it, In a habitat of Grizzly bears and Big cats..Big cats are basically the apex predetors.

Also It's funny how people who argue for bears use size but when presented with prof ( even though Russian brown bears are not grizzlies) many of them are similar sizes..

cats eat bears.. Fact.

Grizzlies don't even eat the smaller cougars..lol

Again, Siberian Tigers diet consist of 1000lbs Bears...

I don't see Bears doing the same thing...

It's not even close.

I mean if you actually study the animal kingdom, you would know this stuff...

In terms of land predetor..

No Family is better than cats..They are just unbelievably smart, and have the most tools out of any predators out there...Power, speed, sneak, Jump...
    pretty sure we're going on different hypothetical situations here. I've already conceded in an environment where the tiger can sneak up on, get higher ground, and take the back before the grizzly can react, the tiger probably wins. Now in a situation where they both know the other exists, the ONLY way I'd give the tiger a chance is if the tiger starts on ground higher than the grizzly. If they're on the same level, it's not even close

^mom is trying to protect its young..

This Grizzlies can't even intimidate a 150-220lbs cat.
    *translation*

this food isn't worth getting scratched the up. So far the only relevant vid is the cougar chasing the black bear and getting man handled.

lol "research". A wiki link and a couple minute long vids?

Except there's no reason anyone would pick a shark over a killer whale. The shark has nothing on the whale. There is though plenty of observable reasons normal people would think a grizzly would take a tiger

I think it all depends on whether an animal is locked in...

like you were saying... it depends on the situation.. but if a grizzly is locked in like in that wolf video, it just seems very unlikely to be beaten.
    it wouldn't. You're thinking logically. Make a Madden style attributes list and the only thing in the tiger's favor is speed (which is irrelevant if they're facing up) and agility by a margin. The tiger still has to fight up while the bear gets to utilize a longer and more flexible reach, equal sized claws, a bigger mouth, and far more protective fur. So basically, the only chance a tiger would have is to hunt an unsuspecting grizzly and get the back before it has time to react. That's a fair compromise

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Meh, animal videos are largely irrelevant for gauging potential matchups..like InRareForm said, a locked in animal is a game-changer, so cir stances can't be ignored if it pertains to protecting their offsprings, if they're starving for food, etc..however, most animals avoid fighting each other in the wild, even with a substantial size advantage(ignoring cir stances where they actually need to eat and will attack), for obvious reasons..

Those s don't have emergency rooms or insurance..

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Jersey Nets

Grizzly left the tiger running like a .

A lion might be more interesting.
    hey, look what we got here. So far that's 2-0 bears over cats in relevant vids

Thread Information