Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn this game is epic already and I'm only in the first area. Gotta be the second best PS4 exclusive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn this game is epic already and I'm only in the first area. Gotta be the second best PS4 exclusive.
    Lol I gave this game a 9.5 but only got half way through.

Doesn't take away from the greatness of the game though. Just requires too much dedication. I tried playing it like i did with Dragon age and play every in the weekend.

But you miss a whole week and felt like my game deteriorated. Just not a game for someone that might play a game here and there.

Sad to say..because this game easily is one of the top 10 games I have played in the last 10 years.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Game has a good story if you decide to jump into the lore and read. That young girl from central yharnam looking for his mum was a such a sobering part of the game.

Story - 8
    Gameplay - 10
    Music - 10

9.5 Game!
    Surprise you like this game given that the story mostly unfolds through reading notes and books in-game. Or so I heard.

It's not a conventional story like the Witcher 3 has. I hate games that make their games like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Surprise you like this game given that the story mostly unfolds through reading notes and books in-game. Or so I heard.

It's not a conventional story like the Witcher 3 has. I hate games that make their games like that.
    Gave up on it. Still a 9.5 game though. Just required way too much dedication. I can't be bothered to sacrifice my PES hours in the weekend.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Btw, the dark souls series has really influenced some of the most recent games in gameplay etc...

Games like Horizon Dawn, even witcher 3, and looks like the New God of war too have a more simple but skill reliant gameplay...it seems like from the trailer

Probably the best thing about BloodBorne. Your characters heavily relies on the players skillsets. I've seen gameplay footage of bare naked players beating boses I couldnt beat unless I leveled up like crazy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anybody here got it yet? I just got mine and am downloading the update on with my crappy internet connection. The reviews have been good, which doesn't really matter to me since I was with the Souls game since Demon's Souls.
    Hey man, is it worth it upgrading your initial weapons, or can you buy way better ? I'm really digging the saw cleaver. Not so much the axe or the cane.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Hey man, is it worth it upgrading your initial weapons, or can you buy way better ? I'm really digging the saw cleaver. Not so much the axe or the cane.
    You can get through the game using any single starting weapon you want, but there is no fun in that. Keep upgrading the cleaver until you get Ludwig's Holy Blade. Or you can use the Kirkhammer, which you should have by now. Just keep acquiring weapons until you find one you like the most. You'll be able to customize every weapon with blood gems eventually.

My favorite late-game weapons are Tonitrus, Chikage and Amygdalan Arm.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can get through the game using any single starting weapon you want, but there is no fun in that. Keep upgrading the cleaver until you get Ludwig's Holy Blade. Or you can use the Kirkhammer, which you should have by now. Just keep acquiring weapons until you find one you like the most. You'll be able to customize every weapon with blood gems eventually.

My favorite late-game weapons are Tonitrus, Chikage and Amygdalan Arm.
    Nah I'm a completionist, and I have been checking every nook and cranny in Central Yharnam, so all I have is the cleaver and the spear you get off the dead body you cut down above the sewers. That has to be the greatest opening level ever in a game. I ed up and attacked Eileen the Crow thinking she was an enemy and get wrecked by her every time now. I guess I'll have to save her missions for a NG+

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bend over, I'll show you a completionist

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bend over, I'll show you a completionist

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's kind of anti-climactic: in Old Yharnam I had this er shooting at me with a gatling gun from on top of a tower. I finally got up the tower and the guy just kept kicking my ass. I'd get his health low and he'd reheal and start throwing molotovs at me and . Finally I saw he was standing on the edge of the tower at the beginning of one of my attempts at killing him so I just shot him a few times with the pistol. Knocked the er right off to his death.

This guy and Eileen the Crow were so much harder than the two bosses I have fought. Well, until I killed him with that cheap .

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    And the best part is, you should have left both of them alone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's kind of anti-climactic: in Old Yharnam I had this er shooting at me with a gatling gun from on top of a tower. I finally got up the tower and the guy just kept kicking my ass. I'd get his health low and he'd reheal and start throwing molotovs at me and . Finally I saw he was standing on the edge of the tower at the beginning of one of my attempts at killing him so I just shot him a few times with the pistol. Knocked the er right off to his death.

This guy and Eileen the Crow were so much harder than the two bosses I have fought. Well, until I killed him with that cheap .
    I charged that and he fell of the tower

But found out later on forums, you're not supposed to kill him.

Damn was that guy annoying. Made moving around impossible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And the best part is, you should have left both of them alone.
    I ran into Eileen the Crow really early when I didn't have the control scheme down and instead of hitting X to talk to her like I wanted I hit Square and threw a molotov in her face. Since the game autosaves every single time you do anything there was no way to go back to when she wasn't aggressive. Gotta say trying to fight her at level 2 was pretty funny. I think she was way harder to kill than Father Gascione.

How do you not fight the the guy in the tower though? That er was always shooting his gatling gun at me and making getting anywhere in Old Yharnam a . Was he shooting at me because I killed Eileen or something?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I charged that and he fell of the tower

But found out later on forums, you're not supposed to kill him.

Damn was that guy annoying. Made moving around impossible.
    Oh well, I'll play the game properly when I do a NG+.

I wonder what happened to the little girl I sent to Iosefka's clinic. I heard it's supposed to be bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it preferable to gain insight whenever possible? I noticed after going from 10 to 15 insight some of the enemies in Cathedral Ward got stronger attacks. I have like 7-8 Madman Knowledge that I'm not sure if I want to use.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Late game, high insight becomes a problem in Nightmare Frontier or when fighting Winter Lanterns. Other than that, there really isn't a difference.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh well, I'll play the game properly when I do a NG+.

I wonder what happened to the little girl I sent to Iosefka's clinic. I heard it's supposed to be bad.
    Do you still get interference from other gamers? I wonder if the community has died down to a point where multiplayer is non-existent..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you still get interference from other gamers? I wonder if the community has died down to a point where multiplayer is non-existent..
    I play that offline, I'm not going to pay to play a game online.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ah man that's annoying. So this guy snatched me up in a sack in Cathedral Ward and dropped me in a prison which was hard as , but it turned out to be an awesome place to farm. So I found a lantern to light and went back to Hunter's Dream to upgrade my weapon with the twin shards those ers dropped. Then I find out I can't go back to this prison from Hunter's Dream, and I can't get that er to kidnap me again at Cathedral Ward so I can go back.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    I commend you for doing a blind playthrough. You'll miss a whole lot of doing a blind playthrough in a From Software game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I commend you for doing a blind playthrough. You'll miss a whole lot of doing a blind playthrough in a From Software game.
    Are you suggesting that you read walkthroughs before you've played a game?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not doing a blind playthrough, as I read about leveling (so that I don't put any points in endurance after 40, for example) and some basics like parrying and that I had to go get killed by Cleric Beast before I could level. But I don't want to read walkthroughs (other than the Cleric Beast thing when I was ready to smash/sell the game out of frustration).

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    today's gamers

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Of From Software games, you're damn right I do. I don't want to miss out on something until new game plus because I made some obscure mistake.

Thread Information