Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Anybody here got it yet? I just got mine and am downloading the update on with my crappy internet connection. The reviews have been good, which doesn't really matter to me since I was with the Souls game since Demon's Souls.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've seen a lot of people talking about it on other tech forums, but don't know about it tbh.. Is it related to the Dark Souls games?

I played the second one, and couldn't get into it..the game play just seemed very linear, and I'm not a glutton for punishment like some of these others that want extreme difficulty. I got enough sadism in my gaming career during the Genesis and SNES eras, back when I couldn't beat the majority of the games I owned because they were all so god damn hard back then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've seen a lot of people talking about it on other tech forums, but don't know about it tbh.. Is it related to the Dark Souls games?

I played the second one, and couldn't get into it..the game play just seemed very linear, and I'm not a glutton for punishment like some of these others that want extreme difficulty. I got enough sadism in my gaming career during the Genesis and SNES eras, back when I couldn't beat the majority of the games I owned because they were all so god damn hard back then.
    The thing is, a lot of those games from the 8 and 16 eras were difficult because they were cheap. Enemies suddenly flashing onscreen giving you a millisecond of response time unless you've got the movement memorized is cheap.

The DS games, OTOH, punish you for being lazy/sloppy or being too aggressive. You have to learn to balance your ability to attack, defend, and dodge. It's a much "fairer" method of difficulty. If you die on the Souls' games, it's usually your fault because you screwed the pooch in some way.

I appreciate the difficulty. It makes you feel like you've really accomplished something the first time you drop a boss. That's pretty rare in gaming nowadays.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ... if there was such a thing as a gamer resumé, I would gladly put beating Demon's Souls and Dark Souls 1 & 2 on there. I've noticed the action in Bloodborne is a lot faster than those other three games. They've also gotten rid of the shield for your left hand and instead have given you a gun which means you can't cautiously inch your way through the game like you would with the other games in the series. My first play throughs of those other games involved me getting the best armor and shields and having my shield up most of the game. Makes me wonder how different the tension is with having a gun there. Anyway, sign me up. I'm in.

Believe.
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Heard this game is extremely difficult.

I like a challenging game but there is a point where a game stops being a game and more of a pain in the ass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It looks a LOT like Nightmare Creatures, one of the OG games for PS1, which was a great game.

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It looks a LOT like Nightmare Creatures, one of the OG games for PS1, which was a great game.
    That thing kicked ass on the Dreamcast.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maaaan hold up, that's ing old school. Loved that game, especially w/ the cheat codes.. At that time, my two games were Nightmare Creatures and the original Tenchu.. ing loved Tenchu.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Heard this game is extremely difficult.

I like a challenging game but there is a point where a game stops being a game and more of a pain in the ass.
    Yeah but it's not trying to cheese you with cheap tactics. You just have recognize the patterns and learn from your mistakes. So if you continue to die, it's because you're messing up somehow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maaaan hold up, that's ing old school. Loved that game, especially w/ the cheat codes.. At that time, my two games were Nightmare Creatures and the original Tenchu.. ing loved Tenchu.
    Oh yeah loved me some Tenchu too, was way ahead of its time

Believe.
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    I wonder what happened to the Tenchu series. The first few games were the .

Those need to be brought back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh yeah loved me some Tenchu too, was way ahead of its time
    I wonder what happened to the Tenchu series. The first few games were the .

Those need to be brought back.
    I would buy it for sure..Ok, I'd pirate that , but I'd get it day 1 for sure. If yall have a PS2 emulator, I recommend getting Tenchu: Devils Wrath..that game was the last good Tenchu..the Xbox one was trash

Believe.
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    I think the last one I played was the one with that other kickass character. The other ninja, not the female.

He got some sick moves. I think that's the first game that started showing the bone breaking.

After that I lost complete touch with the series.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Cleric Beast was piss-easy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the last one I played was the one with that other kickass character. The other ninja, not the female.

He got some sick moves. I think that's the first game that started showing the bone breaking.

After that I lost complete touch with the series.
    Yeah, that's Devil's Wrath.. the guy you're talking about is the one you unlock after beating the game..he was the .

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Father Gascoigne was kind of hard. He made me run through all my blood vials and realize that I should actually utilize the regen system instead of running away and healing every time I took a hit. I think I might love this game.

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's basically dark souls jack the ripper but you heal if you hit them again like a reaper.

strategic button smashing almost. ing weird.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've beaten the Last of Us on grounded mode and it's hard to imagine anything being as daunting after that so I will probably buy this game

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    the Blood Starved Beast and its ing poison and ing one hit kills. him up his stupid ass.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Long load times are gone! Thank you based update!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Okay, now that I found the original thread...

How are y'all liking this game? Some parts are pretty ing hard tbh. Just beat the Shadows of Yarnham, that took forever

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also does anyone got the whole Chalice dungeon thing figured out? I get I can create dungeons but don't fully grasp it yet tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Also does anyone got the whole Chalice dungeon thing figured out? I get I can create dungeons but don't fully grasp it yet tbh
    I don't fully get them, but I'm lazy. I did a few levels after I beat the game, and I was way overleveled.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Game has a good story if you decide to jump into the lore and read. That young girl from central yharnam looking for his mum was a such a sobering part of the game.

Story - 8
    Gameplay - 10
    Music - 10

9.5 Game!

Thread Information