Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC not letting letting that thread die ...with the subtles.
    It won't be me.

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    I would congratulate them. I've always respected their fan base. We've had a bit of a chippy rivalry with them at times, but they have great fans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really don't get all the hate for the Warriors. They were in the cellar like five years ago, and now they are playing great basketball under Kerr and could be a contender. They're also fun to watch...not sure whether that will prove enough to win a le, though (ala 7-second Suns)

If San Antonio or Atlanta doesn't win it, they'd probably be my #3 pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really don't get all the hate for the Warriors. They were in the cellar like five years ago, and now they are playing great basketball under Kerr and could be a contender. They're also fun to watch...not sure whether that will prove enough to win a le, though (ala 7-second Suns)

I hate Curry and Klay Thompson. Both are huge gots. And don't forget that got Draymond Green. They just have gy players imo. Oh and David Lee, seriously just that team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate Curry and Klay Thompson. Both are huge gots. And don't forget that got Draymond Green. They just have gy players imo. Oh and David Lee, seriously just that team.
    you hate everybody but dabom and fkla. You are weird. Very player fan.

Anyway, If you thought Spurs winning last year felt good, seeing the warriors win would be even better. They built through the draft, they have a white coach, they are not the lakers, the owner is not the story, they aren't aging legacy stars, they play beautiful basketball, they come from the conference that doesn't give a free ride to the finals, .

It would be non-stop classiness. Now if they repeat, the gets old and we bring out the old fashioned white burning hate. But by that time the spurs could be tanking so we;d be looking for a classy band wagging partner and GS looks nice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Except they aren't anywhere they haven't been before. When they get to the Finals, I'll be impressed. They can get there, but will they or will the genetic makeup of the team come to surface when the gets real?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Anyway, If you thought Spurs winning last year felt good, seeing the warriors win would be even better. They built through the draft, they have a white coach, they are not the lakers, the owner is not the story, they aren't aging legacy stars, they play beautiful basketball, they come from the conference that doesn't give a free ride to the finals, .

It would be non-stop classiness. Now if they repeat, the gets old and we bring out the old fashioned white burning hate. But by that time the spurs could be tanking so we;d be looking for a classy band wagging partner and GS looks nice.
    No.

There's nothing redeeming about the Warriors. They are a jumpshooting team with an overrated point guard and some scrappers. They have a good record, but they've not really faced the injury bug this season. They could sooner or later. Either way, they have something to prove and if they don't, their record will just be an asterisk on a random spreadsheet on some Wiki page.

You cannot compare them to the Spurs just because they have a similar "current" blueprint. They've not won . Blueprinting success means winning, it doesn't mean looking like the winners.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Super boring team to watch tbh

they just chuck threes and make a high enough % of threes in transition to beat most teams

the first team that can control the tempo and run them off the 3pt line will win easily

tears of butthurt will probably flood the bay area tbh

tech geeks that have watched basketball for 6 months

HCA will be gone when upper-deck seats cost $5000+ in the playoffs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Relying on Klay ing Thompson to win a ring.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Robbie with the truth nukes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don't respect or root for showboating teams. Never have, never will. It's disrespectful to all time greats like Duncan, Manu, Pop, and even Parker. They've accomplished nothing but act like they're the champs. I can tolerate the showboating by teams like OKC or the Grizz who have a moderate amount of success but not by teams like the Rockets/Dubs/Blazers that haven't even been past the 2nd round with their current players.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

All of their players are overcelebrating, made gots and their fans were all Laker "fans" until two years ago. The media won't even take their lips off the Warriors' s for long enough to take a breath, and neither will all the casual fans. They're just another gy regular-season team like the SSOL Suns who will chuck, flop and cheapshot their way through games and then blame the refs when they choke in the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, despite the statistical evidence, I've never felt terribly concerned about the Warriors. I just have this feeling that they'll inevitably choke. I could be wrong, but somehow I doubt it.

Best record in the NBA, best offensive and defensive stats, and still not intimidating. That in itself is the mark of a gy team.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yeah, despite the statistical evidence, I've never felt terribly concerned about the Warriors. I just have this feeling that they'll inevitably choke. I could be wrong, but somehow I doubt it.
    It's not even a choke,,,they just don't have a road map, a heritage if you will to get there. So, when it's time to leave they can't budge offin' the dime and are left by the one(s) going on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clipper Nation dropping nukes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Best record in the NBA, best offensive and defensive stats, and still not intimidating. That in itself is the mark of a gy team.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You always have that feeling about teams that are just destroying the league at the moment... like what if they hit a wall in the Playoffs?

2005 Suns
    2007 Mavs
    2011 Spurs

GSW plays defense and that's the most important thing about this team. They are being likened to the SSOL 2005 Suns but those Suns were always dead last in defensive numbers while the 2015 Dubs are mid-tier in defense (compared to the Suns who are dead last) which is good enough given that they have a lot of possessions per game due to their pace of play. Will it be enough? I honestly don't know. But I think this team is ready for a deep playoff run.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You always have that feeling about teams that are just destroying the league at the moment... like what if they hit a wall in the Playoffs?

2005 Suns
    2007 Mavs
    2011 Spurs

GSW plays defense and that's the most important thing about this team. They are being likened to the SSOL 2005 Suns but those Suns were always dead last in defensive numbers while the 2015 Dubs are mid-tier in defense (compared to the Suns who are dead last) which is good enough given that they have a lot of possessions per game due to their pace of play. Will it be enough? I honestly don't know. But I think this team is ready for a deep playoff run.
    If the Spurs weren't standing there the Warriors wouldn't need a road map. They could just follow the 82 with 16 outta something. They wouldn't even have to change a blessed thing. But, the Spurs are standing there and they know some things that the Warriors don't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs weren't standing there the Warriors wouldn't need a road map. They could just follow the 82 with 16 outta something. They wouldn't even have to change a blessed thing. But, the Spurs are standing there and they know some things that the Warriors don't.
    not concern with the warriors

we all know the spurs backcourt duo of green/kawhi is enough to contain the brothers, the same cant be said about the warriors who dont have anyone that could contain kawhi, spurs downfall is enrique though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll be a little bit annoyed. I don't like a lot of there players.

Would be happy for Bogut though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice fanbase, nice work with the non-trade and creating players out of nowhere, even Curry and Thompson are somewhat OK for me if compared to Harden/CP3/Westbrook/Kyrie.

I could live with it better than ships from 4-5 other teams (at least OKC, Clips, Rockets, Cavs).

Would suck ass if they beat us though.

GO! SPURS GO!

BTW.: I won't say, we wouldn't have beaten Dallas in '07 but GS did us a nice favour with Dallas' first round exit that year. Great story too. And yeah, none of these guys is still on the team, but it somewhat made me like them in general.

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    It wouldn't be that bad, really. It's not like the Spurs have a rivalry with them or anything. We don't particularly hate them. It's just whatever.
    Sure that's why lately you have been acting like a little whiny . Just shut the and go clean your face, pimples.
    Bookmarked for 2nd round elimination bump.
    LOL
    Warriors gonna lose to the Spurs in the WCF.
    LMAO
    They'll choke.
    LOL
    That's too bad. LOL
    Super boring team to watch tbh

they just chuck threes and make a high enough % of threes in transition to beat most teams

the first team that can control the tempo and run them off the 3pt line will win easily

tears of butthurt will probably flood the bay area tbh

tech geeks that have watched basketball for 6 months

HCA will be gone when upper-deck seats cost $5000+ in the playoffs
    LOL ing idiot
    Relying on Klay ing Thompson to win a ring.
    LOL ing moron go play with your dead wife's toes
    All of their players are overcelebrating, made gots and their fans were all Laker "fans" until two years ago. The media won't even take their lips off the Warriors' s for long enough to take a breath, and neither will all the casual fans. They're just another gy regular-season team like the SSOL Suns who will chuck, flop and cheapshot their way through games and then blame the refs when they choke in the playoffs.
    LOL don't be so serious

I bet you feel like a man with a purpose when you throw the word got around.

LOL uncoordinated pimply faced degenerate

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    You realize this series isn't over yet, right? No need to premature ejac.

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    You realize this series isn't over yet, right? No need to premature ejac.
    I never waver in confidence. I believe in my team.

Seek True Love, within. bigzak25's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like Richard Jefferson has joined spurstalk.

Thread Information