Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Almost at 1M with traditional investments.

Keep buying crypto whatever.
    Thanks nig

Its not for you. Everyone else. Buy buy buy buy

Cha ching!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IRS whammy announced

Coming off one of the most tumultuous days in recent memory, the cryptosphere could have done without a headline featuring the letters “I” “R” and “S,” all capitalized and arranged in that order. Alas, when it rains…

“As with cash transactions, businesses that receive cryptoassets with a fair-market value of more than $10,000 would be reported on,” Treasury said Thursday, in a 22-page report detailing proposals for more stringent tax enforcement.

“The IRS operates outdated systems and lacks the ability to fully take advantage of the benefits of more modern technology due to its resource constraints,” the report said, adding that,

Noncompliance has been exacerbated by enhanced opportunities to shield income from tax liability, and even from audits. These opportunities are particularly available for those in the top end of the income distribution who can avoid taxes through sophisticated strategies such as offshoring, creating complex partnership structures, or moving taxable assets into the crypto economy.

The word “crypto” comes up 17 times (netting out footnotes), but the gist of it is captured in a single paragraph. Namely, this one (from the report):

The President’s proposal includes additional resources for the IRS to address the growth of cryptoassets. Despite cons uting a relatively small portion of business income today, cryptocurrency transactions are likely to rise in importance in the next decade, especially in the presence of a broad-based financial account reporting regime. Within the context of the new financial account reporting regime, cryptocurrencies and cryptoasset exchange accounts and payment service accounts that accept cryptocurrencies would be covered.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Make up your mind - is it a currency or is it an asset? Wanna have it both ways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good time to buy n8gas

Bitcoin down 10% to 34k

Cha ching!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the week ending in the red.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Throwing away money at this point. Between China cracking down on coins and the US wanting to "regulate it" it's not looking good. It appears that all the the "big" money has been made already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bitcoin has died a thousand times.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Throwing away money at this point. Between China cracking down on coins and the US wanting to "regulate it" it's not looking good. It appears that all the the "big" money has been made already.
    Disagree. The reason they are raising the volume of cracking down, taxing, regulating it is because they want in at a cheaper price!!! Elon can't stop the bitcoin train. And one or two country can't stop it either. Once the regulatody news fades off this will go back up hard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bitcoin was underground for at least the first decade

Its not possible to completely regulate. It could possibly still go back underground thus keep some value.

I actually prefer that. mainstream

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But honestly. Itll go back up and stay mainstream. Too much involved. Who cares if governments try to regulate thats good its not stocks it should t be considered wealth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bitcoin has died a thousand times.
    Spurs have been "too old" every season...

well they finally were

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disagree. The reason they are raising the volume of cracking down, taxing, regulating it is because they want in at a cheaper price!!! Elon can't stop the bitcoin train. And one or two country can't stop it either. Once the regulatody news fades off this will go back up hard.
    https://www.occ.gov/topics/charters-...20/int1170.pdf

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You know that saying about the first million is the hardest, it's true. Sometimes I think it's ridiculous and unfair how much easier it gets but then I remember that an exponential curve is just math.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You know that saying about the first million is the hardest, it's true. Sometimes I think it's ridiculous and unfair how much easier it gets but then I remember that an exponential curve is just math.
    that first billion though, that's the hard part. Once you get past that it's pretty easy to make another one.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    I'm a believer in Ethereum tbh...definitely buy some more if it falls under 2k which it's pretty close to rn

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah but you're like 65 and have been investing for 45 years. Some 16 year old made that in a year with Doge.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    - "I need FDIC for my money, Jerry. I don't see any of that here."

- "Wade" - "Fargo"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But honestly. Itll go back up and stay mainstream. Too much involved. Who cares if governments try to regulate thats good its not stocks it should t be considered wealth.
    It's considered an asset - like stocks. If you buy at $10 and sell at $15, you have to pay taxes on that $5.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cardano is a good bet to make some money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cardano is a good bet to make some money.
    Thats what I thought. Only down 3k in 10 days.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thats what I thought. Only down 3k in 10 days.
    Not sure what you're referring to. Cardano was at about 2.30 at its highest.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    INSIDE THE RISE AND FALL (AND RISE AND FALL) OF COINS

Welcome to the era of “pump and dump,” where investors bummed about missing out on getting rich with Bitcoin are being taken for rides by online jokesters pushing tokens with nonsensical names and no clear value.

touting FEG as the opportunity of a lifetime, dissecting the company’s white paper, and Feed Every Gorilla

waxing prophetically about it being the “coolest, newest crypto” imaginable.

On Saturday, May 8, after a few weeks of tepid movement, FEG took off into the stratosphere as hundreds of thousands of random investors (who had been enticed to do so on all of those platforms) started to buy the coin. Over about a three-day period, the value of the token rose exponentially.

Then, on Thursday around 1 p.m., the value fell like a mudslide, and over the next three hours all of those anonymous investors who had touted the value of FEG for the past few weeks off-loaded about $120 million worth of profits.

What happened to FEG was an orchestration called a “pump and dump,”

where a group of random and anonymous crypto traders pump up the value of a new cryptocurrency across the entire internet,

so that hundreds of thousands of unsuspecting wannabe investors, hoping this is their opportunity to get rich quick,

buy hundreds of millions of dollars of this new coin,

only to watch their fortunes vanish when the pumpers collectively “dump” their share, and make off with the money

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/05/inside-the-rise-and-fall-of- -coins

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bitcoin and Ethereum Are Dead (And Their Honest Investors Know It)

The $1+ trillion concept is brilliant, but it won’t end well

1. It’s already old technology

2. People are realizing crypto isn’t a hedge against inflation

3. It’s expensive

People hate transaction fees.
    It’s why people ditched Paypal for money transfers and moved to Wise.

4. The bigs will do what they always do

The top 4% of hodlers own 95% of all Bitcoin.

5. It’s horrible for the environment

Bitcoin is a brutal energy hog, generating 22+ million metric tons of carbon dioxide emissions per year

the equivalent of 6.7 million cars.

If Bitcoin was a country, it would be the 9th biggest electricity consumer on the planet.

https://medium.com/surviving-tomorrow/bitcoin-and-ethereum-are-dead-and-their-honest-investors-know-it-a36ee97df89d#

Thread Information