Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn. She was ing terrible as a rapper. Dumb s should have immediately moved somewhere without an extradition treaty. Just pissed off a billion dollar score.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glad I just dabbled with 10K. Down 50% but can afford to hold and see if it comes back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bipartisan Senate Proposal Raises Alarm Over El Salvador's Bitcoin Adoption

Senators Jim Risch, Bob Menendez, and Bill Cassidy's Accountability for Cryptocurrency in El Salvador (ACES) Act would require a State Department report on mitigating risks to the U.S. financial system from El Salvador's adoption of Bitcoin as legal tender.

CoinDesk reports: "El Salvador recognizing Bitcoin (BTC) as official currency opens the door for money laundering cartels and undermines U.S. interests," said Bill Cassidy (R-La.). "If the United States wishes to combat money laundering and preserve the role of the dollar as a reserve currency of the world, we must tackle this issue head on." If passed, the bill would require the State Department to report on a laundry list of subjects with respect to El Salvador and Bitcoin, including the flow of remittances from the U.S. to El Salvador, bilateral and international efforts to combat transnational illicit activities, and the potential for reduced use by El Salvador of the greenback.

The move quickly drew a partly comic, partly angry response from El Salvador President Nayib Bukele: "OK boomers ... You have zero jurisdiction on a sovereign and independent nation. We are not your colony, your back yard or your front yard. Stay out of our internal affairs. Don't try to control something you can't control."

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I heard bitcoin tanked right along with the market when people were freaked earlier in the day

I thought it was supposed to be a safety play like digital gold?

Idk much about it, not my cup o tea.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I heard bitcoin tanked right along with the market when people were freaked earlier in the day

I thought it was supposed to be a safety play like digital gold?

Idk much about it, not my cup o tea.
    just look at it like any other security. its a gambling mechanism. can make money off it if you time it right. can lose money if not.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just look at it like any other security. its a gambling mechanism. can make money off it if you time it right. can lose money if not.
    That's not the premise of bitcoin from what I read. If that's all it is then, seems to me, it's just pure animal spirits with no underlying fundamentals to base your bet on. Just buy and hope.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's not the premise of bitcoin from what I read. If that's all it is then, seems to me, it's just pure animal spirits with no underlying fundamentals to base your bet on. Just buy and hope.
    its definitely not its stated premise, but it is what it is

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty much nailed it. A currency rarely used as a currency that doesn't scale well enough to ever be used as a mainstream currency. It's tulip bulbs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty much nailed it. A currency rarely used as a currency that doesn't scale well enough to ever be used as a mainstream currency. It's tulip bulbs.
    As long as somebody is buying your coins you can make a profit

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just look at it like any other unregulated security. its a gambling mechanism. can make money off it if you time it right. can lose money if not.
    fify

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's appealing is that it's decentralized. ie: monetary emission is well understood and dwindles over time, appreciating the currency.

But being unregulated means trading in the currency is basically the wild west. From artificial bubbles, to zero protection for the investment, etc.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting stuff.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's appealing is that it's decentralized. ie: monetary emission is well understood and dwindles over time, appreciating the currency.

But being unregulated means trading in the currency is basically the wild west. From artificial bubbles, to zero protection for the investment, etc.
    Like I said I really haven't paid attention to it, not my cup o tea. I literally just read some about it today because conserva s on Texags are talking about it instead of the dreaded fiat currency. Pretty sure they are all former Paulbot gold standard types.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ric Edelman (founder of huge financial advisor company) is leaving his company to go HUGE into bitcoin and block chain technology. I've been listening to his radio talk show for years now and this guy is sold on block chain technology and AGING (especially Alzheimer's, SS, preparing for retirement, etc.). He's written a lot of books - The Truth about Money, The Truth about Your Future and upcoming The Truth about Crypto.

I agree with much of his financial advice - except getting as big a mortgage as you can - I wanted to be able to live on 1 income (that was back in the day - don't think that's possible these days with house prices the way they are).

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is all gonna crash to zero. I knew I should have ignored my wife and sold when it was in the mid 60s

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is all gonna crash to zero. I knew I should have ignored my wife and sold when it was in the mid 60s
    IMHO, it's not going to crash to zero - too many big players are invested. But yes, you should have ignored your wife and sold when it was in the mid 60s - AND be buying at half price now - your wife sounds just like my husband who will never sell - not at $19k, not at $38k, not at $62k.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMHO, it's not going to crash to zero - too many big players are invested. But yes, you should have ignored your wife and sold when it was in the mid 60s - AND be buying at half price now - your wife sounds just like my husband who will never sell - not at $19k, not at $38k, not at $62k.
    I got most of my original investment out so I'm not bag holding per se. But yeah. Another instance when I should have listened to my gut lol.

Those big players invested are waiting to unload ASAP they just can't all at once or it'll plummet to zero like i said lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Evil, corrupt SEC meritless lawsuit vs XRP / Ripple labeling it as a security could be very telling.

SEC Pharisees using every scheme they can to stall.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is pretty f-d up.

"Coinbase said in its earnings report Tuesday that it holds $256 billion in both fiat currencies and cryptocurrencies on behalf of its customers. Yet the exchange noted that in the event it ever declared bankruptcy, “the crypto assets we hold in custody on behalf of our customers could be subject to bankruptcy proceedings.” Coinbase users would become “general unsecured creditors,” meaning they have no right to claim any specific property from the exchange in proceedings. Their funds would become inaccessible."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is pretty f-d up.

"Coinbase said in its earnings report Tuesday that it holds $256 billion in both fiat currencies and cryptocurrencies on behalf of its customers. Yet the exchange noted that in the event it ever declared bankruptcy, “the crypto assets we hold in custody on behalf of our customers could be subject to bankruptcy proceedings.” Coinbase users would become “general unsecured creditors,” meaning they have no right to claim any specific property from the exchange in proceedings. Their funds would become inaccessible."
    It looks like there is some potential FDIC coverage though if you're holding it as cash. Which I don't know how that works in a crypto account.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's an unregulated market, there are no protections such as the FDIC as far as I know...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is pretty f-d up.

this one's from Tether

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Buy the dip.I been waiting for buying opportunities like this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is pretty f-d up.

Thats why people need to take their crypto off exchanges and use a cold or hard wallet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    gambler says: take a big chance, do not up

Thread Information