Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only 600. Paid a grand for my DellU27.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That monitor is ugly and boxy as (The Acers don't look great either without slimline bezels, but this is worse), ASUS has questionable quality and suspect customer service according to many reviews for the ROG Swift, and how many times has a "groundbreaking" new tech from AMD been abruptly abandoned (TressFX, Mantle)? Would rather s out a bit extra and get the XB270HU tbh.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I gotta say I'm starting to get worried about Asus. I have been using their boards since the 90s, but I'm hearing horrible things about their tech support and warranty coverage on their video cards, monitors, tablets, and laptops now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I gotta say I'm starting to get worried about Asus. I have been using their boards since the 90s, but I'm hearing horrible things about their tech support and warranty coverage on their video cards, monitors, tablets, and laptops now.
    I got scared away from the Swift because of the reviews.. w/ my luck I would have got a model with dead pixels or bleed or some and would have had to ship it back to Newegg or Asus. I'm gonna end up kicking JJ's ass tbh, "first and foremost".

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I've owned 2 ASUS laptops (including current one), their warranty service has been liberal as for me. I complained about the keyboard clicky-ness after a year and they changed that along with my DVD burner. Last year my parents dropped their ASUS tablet and I shipped it for them expecting to pay, and they turned it around in 3 days for free.

I've heard some stories - but my experiences have always been good. My monitors, MBs, and routers have never had any issues that needed warranty support.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Heard bad things about their customer service, but only good things about their quality. Yeah, their gaming laptops aren't the most reliable... because it's a gaming laptop. There aren't ANY brands out there that make a super reliable gaming laptop.

Also, who said Mantle is dead? It's still developing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Heard bad things about their customer service, but only good things about their quality. Yeah, their gaming laptops aren't the most reliable... because it's a gaming laptop. There aren't ANY brands out there that make a super reliable gaming laptop.

Also, who said Mantle is dead? It's still developing.
    http://wccftech.com/amd-ends-revolutionary-mantle-api-10-asks-devs-focus-directx-12-releasing-450-page-programming-guide-developers-public-sdk/

http://www.pcworld.com/article/28940...successor.html

http://www.pcworld.com/article/28916...e-directx.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, Direct X is also not long for this work unless they change something. It's terribly inefficient. Mantle will probably come back as a reincarnation of something else from AMD. It's only a matter of time at this point.

Blaaaah
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, mantle is dead because Vulkan appeared. And as Vulkan is heavily inspired by Mantle and Metal and a standard (as designed by the Khronos Group), it kind of predates them.
    I guess that the Vulkan impllementation on AMD cards will make use of a lot of elements developped for mantle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, mantle is dead because Vulkan appeared. And as Vulkan is heavily inspired by Mantle and Metal and a standard (as designed by the Khronos Group), it kind of predates them.
    I guess that the Vulkan impllementation on AMD cards will make use of a lot of elements developped for mantle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So much hype for this low level API with Vulkan, Mantle, DirectX12. Developers are going to optimize their games for the consoles and then tell PC gamer to run their rushed ports by brute force, just like they always have.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Back more on topic though, it'll be interesting to see which of GSync and FreeSync becomes VHS and which becomes Beta. Normally I'd take Nvidia in any fight against AMD since they're a much stronger company right now ( ty FX series has just raped AMD's brand name), but I could see the licensing fees for GSync killing it too. I can't say I'm all that eager to become an early adopter of either of the adaptive sync technologies. Man that would piss me off to drop $700 on a monitor and then in two years it's not compatible with whatever video card I replace my current one with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Heil G-Sync gots

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bob Noyce is rolling his eyes in his grave

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Back more on topic though, it'll be interesting to see which of GSync and FreeSync becomes VHS and which becomes Beta. Normally I'd take Nvidia in any fight against AMD since they're a much stronger company right now ( ty FX series has just raped AMD's brand name), but I could see the licensing fees for GSync killing it too. I can't say I'm all that eager to become an early adopter of either of the adaptive sync technologies. Man that would piss me off to drop $700 on a monitor and then in two years it's not compatible with whatever video card I replace my current one with.
    Acer has a 350 dollar 24 inch model with all the same features as the one I got.. if you can get a Newegg special on that and pay 250? Great deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oi did u end up buyin it?

im thinkn of buyin a +27

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get in here DJR210

LOL this piece of just got recalled. Apparently it drops every sixth frame.

https://translate.google.com/transla...-text=&act=url

Asus
    AMD
    FreeSync
    Cry Havoc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That monitor is ugly and boxy as (The Acers don't look great either without slimline bezels, but this is worse), ASUS has questionable quality and suspect customer service according to many reviews for the ROG Swift, and how many times has a "groundbreaking" new tech from AMD been abruptly abandoned (TressFX, Mantle)? Would rather s out a bit extra and get the XB270HU tbh.

Is this the first Freesync monitor out? Trying to figure out who to blame here, AMCRAP or Asus.. either way,

Cry Havoc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get in here DJR210

LOL this piece of just got recalled. Apparently it drops every sixth frame.

https://translate.google.com/transla...-text=&act=url

Asus
    AMD
    FreeSync
    Cry Havoc

Is this the first Freesync monitor out? Trying to figure out who to blame here, AMCRAP or Asus.. either way,

Cry Havoc
    Leave me alone!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just came to say my Acer 144hz G-Sync is working beautifully.. GTA V has never looked smoother when dipping to 52 FPS during texture loading..

It must be that 6th frame that makes it look so good

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just came to say my Acer 144hz G-Sync is working beautifully.. GTA V has never looked smoother when dipping to 52 FPS during texture loading..

It must be that 6th frame that makes it look so good
    Not bad for a three year old GPU

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not bad for a three year old GPU
    Praise be to Nvidia

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I have 2 of these. Never had any issues with them. Got them half price during the Black Friday sale last year.

Thread Information