College
    UCLA Bruins
    Lol

Iron Fist cancelled

1st Netflix show to be cancelled

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I wonder if they'll scrap the character altogether or just bring him back for Heroes for Hire/Defenders stuff. They did say that the roster may be different by the time Defenders season 2 comes around.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I wonder if they'll scrap the character altogether or just bring him back for Heroes for Hire/Defenders stuff. They did say that the roster may be different by the time Defenders season 2 comes around.
    Finn Jones can't carry a show but he is ok in the defenders

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Finn Jones can't carry a show but he is ok in the defenders
    True. I can see Netflix rebooting the series with a stronger actor that doesn't look emo and gay in the not too distant future.

DD is a week away. The GOAT

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    True. I can see Netflix rebooting the series with a stronger actor that doesn't look emo and gay in the not too distant future.

DD is a week away. The GOAT
    I haven't watched season 2 of both Luke Cage and Iron Fist yet

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    season 2 of luke cage was solid. gonna watch iron first then dd

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Same

I de-listed Iron Fist from my netflix queue. I hadn't started watching season 2 of it yet and since it was canceled there is less of a point of watching it now.

Honestly, Jessica Henwick was the only reason to watch it anyways. Eye candy and all that.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Netflix/Marvel is not going to reboot the series with a new actor. If anything, I could sed them killing off Danny Rand during the next Defenders and maybe have somebody else take up the Iron Fist mantle. But they won't have a new series. It was ed up from the beginning and the name is tarnished.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I haven't even watch JJ season 2 yet.

Red Dead Redemption 2 comes out next week, not going to even try watching this any time soon.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Just can't get into Luke Cage lol. Too slow.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Is it true that they canceled Iron Fist?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Is it true that they canceled Iron Fist?
    Yep.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Netflix/Marvel is not going to reboot the series with a new actor. If anything, I could sed them killing off Danny Rand during the next Defenders and maybe have somebody else take up the Iron Fist mantle. But they won't have a new series. It was ed up from the beginning and the name is tarnished.
    Netflix could rename Luke Cage- "Heroes for Hire" and incorporate Iron Fists characters into the show. That or Disney's Streaming service could pick it up for the 3rd season just because they are probably desperate for as much content as possible and it has an audience- obviously not a very big one, but still.

I haven't even watch JJ season 2 yet.

Red Dead Redemption 2 comes out next week, not going to even try watching this any time soon.
    Its fine, if not a labored watch. Its probably more consistently good than the first but still should have been 10 episodes.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Its fine, if not a labored watch. Its probably more consistently good than the first but still should have been 10 episodes.
    Probably the biggest reason why I haven't gotten around to the post-Defenders stuff. 13 episodes just feels like a slog to get through.

I can't imagine watching 24+ episode tv shows any more.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Probably the biggest reason why I haven't gotten around to the post-Defenders stuff. 13 episodes just feels like a slog to get through.

I can't imagine watching 24+ episode tv shows any more.

I'm apart of the Youtube generation, I literally can't watch for the 25 minutes of something without putting something else on . I'm currently watching season 2 of West World and the last episode is 90 minutes, it's taken me 3 days and I still haven't finished it.

It must've taken me a month to get through Jessica Jones.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    i saw a pretty good piece on why a lot of netflix shows drag... they are essentially 12 hour movies, which are impossible to actually be good and entertaining. in a lot of shows, you can point to particular episodes and be like "oh yeah that was a great episode lemme rewatch that."

with the marvel netflix stuff, each episode is just a small party of an overall story that ends with a cliffhanger so that you can stay on board for the next episode. i can think of some particularly good scenes in shows (some daredevil fight scenes come to mind), but i dont remember any episodes as standouts. they all just sorta blend into one big narrative

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Daredevil season 3 tonight es.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    about to get around to watching iron fist season 2 before starting DD season 3... even though i'm much more excited for DD

i insist on getting this done in the right order

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    about to get around to watching iron fist season 2 before starting DD season 3... even though i'm much more excited for DD

i insist on getting this done in the right order
    Doesn't the fact that it got cancelled dissuades you from watching it? Disney *might* pick it up since they're also doing Marvel stuff but I doubt it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Doesn't the fact that it got cancelled dissuades you from watching it? Disney *might* pick it up since they're also doing Marvel stuff but I doubt it.
    nah, it's all still part of the same universe. for all we know rand can make more cameos like he did in Luke Cage season 2, or maybe another Defenders, i dno. still might be worthwhile, plus the reviews for IF season 2 were not really that bad

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    *SPOILER ALERT* I guess.

I think IF2 set up a season three nicely if it moves to Disney with a thankfully pared-down cast -- a Danny/Ward road trip could actually work if they pump up the humor -- although Danny's new power looks incredibly stupid. All the others who were getting too much screen time on IF can spin off into what looks like an inevitable Daughters of the Dragon spinoff, although Colleen's new power looks incredibly stupid.

The overall story was better but still so poorly written I can't blame Netflix for killing it in it's present form. Typhoid Mary had such a labored rollout that I wanted Davos or Joy to kill her before the big reveal which still never came. She looks too much like Trish Walker and has the same goddamn last name.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Luke Cage cancelled

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Luke Cage cancelled
    Ouch.

Although I always thought Luke Cage was pretty boring. Quit midway through season 1.

I'm thinking Jessica Jones is next. Netflix might do well focusing on Daredevil and Punisher while doing a Defenders season in between years.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I’m on ep 10 of Daredevil season 3, and it’s pretty damn good imo. Kingpin.

Thread Information