Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    The music was badass, you're on crack. My fave marvel series so far, I thought it was great.
    Yup the score is dope. that Raphael saddiq song is smooth as and I was introduced to Charles bradley.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Soundtrack was good

The intro theme was great as well

Already added the playlist on Spotify

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    TRAIN WRECK; do you like the show or not
    Do I like the show? Yes but it's really hard for Netflix to up their marvel show, I mean they did it with Jessica Jones but to do it twice would take effort. Spoilers ahead btw

That being said cottonmouth and Pops were wasted characters. Cottonmouth as a character was pretty good as a complex bad guy. Then he got taken out by a who was raped. Insulting her was not the crime that should have led to his ending. Pops was great and we didn't need the trope of old black guy dying to advance the plot. Also is Rosario Dawson's character gonna get a train run through the entire defender cast, what's wrong with a male a female character spending time together and not end up ing at some point. Lastly, it seems that the guy in charge of the show wanted to make harlem itself feel like a character, but it didn't feel alive at all. Even with all those people looking at the last fight the show just felt empty.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Cottonmouth was awesome

Gunna miss him

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'll stick with what I said before, it was just alright. I don't feel like Luke Cage was interesting enough to carry his own show. I liked Jessica Jones the character (as well as Killgrave) better than Luke or Diamondback, though Jessica Jones was the weaker show.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    just finished it this weekend, i thought it was good not great.

- i liked that unlike daredevil/jessica jones, he was sort of a local hero (daredevil was way more behind the scenes than cage, and was never universally liked by the people)

- cottonmouth was cool, mostly beause mahershala ali is an awesome actor. even though he was an intriguing villain, he just never was a real threat to cage. it was more like "i know ur secret, and stop bothering me or ima tell"... kinda dumb. but he was easily the most intriguing antagonist of the show

- shades... dude was completely pointless throughout the show. he was supposed to be "cool" but was literally just a guy that wore sunglasses unnecessarily. his only good scene was when diamondback tried to have him killed. what a ing horrible character that they kept trying to sell as a cool are scary guy. just

- diamondback sucked. he was cool in the very beginning when he was hunting cage with the judas bullets, but after that the character was awful. his motivation was complete and he never had any good ideas. the hostage stunt in the club never made any sense at all. and that last fight was so weird. some hammer suit? deciding to brawl in the middle of the street in front of everybody including the cops (armed with judas bullets)? wtf... horrible, horrible villain, though it looks like he'll be back and stronger (the doc working on him at the end). and even if the hammer suit let him punch hard, its not like his body underneath is suddenly durable enough to take that kind of pounding, was a joke.

cage is an awesome character, but the show around him didn't hit the mark.

also, shades

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Shades

I kinda liked him, but how the did he manage to stay alive?

Dude was expendable

Also Cottonmouth shouldnt have been killed, Diamondthingy

Oh and try to re-watch that Civil War scene with Stark and Spencer's mom after watching Luke Cage, it's ing weird (the mom and Cottonmouth's cousin are played by the same actress, WTF)

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Shades

I kinda liked him
    why... literally, what did he do . his only good moment was in the last episode (or maybe 2nd last). cant remember which, but the scene when he was supposed to get killed

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    why... literally, what did he do . his only good moment was in the last episode (or maybe 2nd last). cant remember which, but the scene when he was supposed to get killed
    He did nothing tbh

Just doing the mannequin challenge tbh
    How the did Stokes or not think "he is no threat, why don't I kill him?"

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Iron Fist is up now. First couple episodes were okay. Hopefully it's better than Jessica Jones and Luke Cage.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    i liked jessica jones tbh.

daredevil season 1 > jessica jones > daredevil season 2 (salvaged by punisher saga... the ninja thing got re ed) > luke cage (really dont get the hype luke cage got. was by far the corniest of the series)

have an exam tomorrow, looking to get started on the show this weekend. the trailers dont have me particularly hyped but im a sucker for marvel in general

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I pretty much agree with your ranking, but I'd move DD season 2 up. I liked Purple Man as a villain on JJ, but found the series boring overall.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Jessica Jones was god awful.

Iron Fist is decent but it's really similar to Arrow story line.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    some of this iron fist dialogue is atrocious.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Yeah each episode of Iron Fist is getting worse. Not sure I'm gonna finish it out.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    I guess Daredevil season 1 set the bar too high

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I think it's better than some of the reviews give it credit for. It's a lot slower in pace than other marvel stuff but at least they do a good job having a compelling story between action scenes.

love the line when he brags about having had the fastest donkey cart in kun lun

I'm 7 episodes in, looking forward to the rest. It's certainly better than luke cage

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    love the line when he brags about having had the fastest donkey cart in kun lun
    I thought that line was kind of corny but a few episodes later he talks about taking the cart "off roading" with Davos in order to get a vantage point on some girls bathing.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I thought that line was kind of corny but a few episodes later he talks about taking the cart "off roading" with Davos in order to get a vantage point on some girls bathing.
    I think that was the point though. His character is obvious to how corny/lame that sounds

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I wanted to like this show but it was just not good. Still better than jessica jones

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    I think that was the point though. His character is obvious to how corny/lame that sounds
    I have a hard time getting behind a character that's admittedly so ridiculously ignorant and stupid

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    It wasn't as bad as critics made it out to be, but it wasn't great either

By the way that Darryl kid was in Luke Cage.

- Danny was poorly wr ten; I get that he is conflicted given the context, but man, make a decision.
    "Kill. Don't kill. Kill. Don't kill"

- The fighting scenes must have been filmed by amateurs; too bad because there was potential

- Ward Meachum is the only character I gave a about; and the actor did a good job imo

- Howard Meachum looks and sounds like the bas child of Charlie Sheen and Donald Trump

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Yeah there was that one fight scene where the Hand goons kidnapped Joy and Danny had to fight them all in the hallway to get to her.

I immediately thought of the daredevil hallway fight scene and was thinking all right, here we go. ......but it was really lame. Right there was the beginning of the end of me watching it

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    The drunk kung fu fight was cool though

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I have a hard time getting behind a character that's admittedly so ridiculously ignorant and stupid
    he was raised by monks in another dimension... i'm surprised he's not more different

Thread Information