Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Posted yesterday in his mailbox article..http://grantland.com/the-triangle/th...our-continues/

Q: Do you think Tim Duncan has a painting with his soul entrapped in it that he is not allowed to look at?
    —Michael, Binghamton, NY

BS: It can’t be ruled out. Important Duncan note that jumps out when you watch him in person … his left leg does not work. Like, he drags it around as if it were a prosthetic. That thing does NOT work. He does everything off his right leg. Everything. Tim Duncan is amazing. YEAR EIGHTEEN!!!!! Is there any objective NBA fan who wouldn’t have rather had Duncan from 1997 to now instead of Kobe from 1997 to 2015 if the only objectives were “I want to try to win 55-65 games every year and I want to try to win multiple les”? How can you pass up 18 straight years of Duncan? Only Kareem and Mailman were able to stay that good for that long. Fact: Tim Duncan is older than Brad Stevens. Fact: It doesn’t seem to matter. And no, it still hasn’t been explained to me why Duncan would retire yet. The quality of his game, night to night, hasn’t changed for five solid years. Well, except that he’s playing on one leg.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bill Simmons tried his best to sell his Kawhi DPOY Vote..not sure how mush influence he has on the media, but I like listening to bill simmons..Some really dumb takes here and there but he is really genuine..

Still don't understand why spursfan think Simmons hates the spurs..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Timmy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When they build the Tim Duncan wing at the HoF these should be part of a prominent display.
    I'd I hate to think where TD would be without them.

Burn The Thread. Horry Hipcheck's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bill Simmons tried his best to sell his Kawhi DPOY Vote..not sure how mush influence he has on the media, but I like listening to bill simmons..Some really dumb takes here and there but he is really genuine..

Generally knows his and has a true love for the game. He's also got a knack for being the class clown, and I think that's why some people don't take him seriously. No basketball analyst is perfect, Simmons is just more of an entertainer than most others. The group he's got at Grantland is head and shoulders above anything ESPN has on tap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When they build the Tim Duncan wing at the HoF these should be part of a prominent display.

^^^ Those are the real MVP

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons says some dumb at times, and he's a massive homer, but overall he's a good writer. He at least seems to speak his mind and thinks for himself, rather than latching on to stupid recycled cliches.

He's certainly more knowledgeable than guys like Barkley, Miller, and Mark Jackson

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love Bill Simmons articles. Pleasure to read.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Agree, tbh. Simmons is just a dude who calls it likes he sees it, for better or worse, unless he's talking Celtics in which case he admits to being a total homer.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs fans think he hates the Spurs? Couldn't be further from the truth.

Now had the Spurs and Celtics met in the finals, could have been a different story.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://grantland.com/features/the-footnote- le/

He was salty about the Spurs 'stealing' Duncan from his Celtics for a solid 10 years. He's gotten over it somewhat in the last 2 years. It was obvious as for a very long time.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://grantland.com/features/the-footnote- le/

He was salty about the Spurs 'stealing' Duncan from his Celtics for a solid 10 years. He's gotten over it somewhat in the last 2 years. It was obvious as for a very long time.
    I just think he is less entertained "professionaly" by the spurs and I get that.

He needs new stuff constantly and the Spurs stay the same, there's nothing new to say about them, once he or his guests said it dozens of time.

I doesn't mean he hates us or even dislike us, just that he prefers new stories...

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons says some dumb at times, and he's a massive homer, but overall he's a good writer. He at least seems to speak his mind and thinks for himself, rather than latching on to stupid recycled cliches.

He's certainly more knowledgeable than guys like Barkley, Miller, and Mark Jackson
    Actually, it's difficult to tell as the aforementioned jocks don't excel in the English language. Can anyone imagine what we would be subject to if they had to write in order to express their basketball knowledge...

Simmons is a really proficient whiny writer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Generally knows his and has a true love for the game. He's also got a knack for being the class clown, and I think that's why some people don't take him seriously. No basketball analyst is perfect, Simmons is just more of an entertainer than most others. The group he's got at Grantland is head and shoulders above anything ESPN has on tap.
    yeah he knows his , but I don't like the mf for my own reasons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nobody is going to agree with any one analyst 100% of the time, and simmons gives poor takes from time to time.

but like i've said before, i think he's one of the best at what he does because he doesn't hide the fact that he's a fan. all his articles are from a perspective of a fan, not a journalist. and as a fan, its really easy to relate and enjoy his writing. i also like that he's not afraid to go against the grain and distance himself from "old media" perspectives

simmons has always been a duncan fan and a quasi spurs fan, in addition to a laker hater. so spurfans will naturally have an affinity to him

Soft Like Twinkie Filling Juggity's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

that one time in 2013 when the brace saved TD from a likely ACL tear:

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I always said there would never be another like "The Admiral" but I was wrong. Tim surpassed him long ago. I have told myself for the last 6 years to prepare because there will never be another like Tim. The he does is simply amazing - year after year -

thanks tim, and heres to b2b rings. cue the boris drinking wine

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol

this is like your "spurfans think kawhi sucks" take. how many spurfans have actually said simmons hates the spurs. please, enlighten me, o wise one

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    I'm surprised that got actually managed to write a paragraph about Duncan without mentioning how butthurt he still is about that draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nobody is going to agree with any one analyst 100% of the time, and simmons gives poor takes from time to time.

but like i've said before, i think he's one of the best at what he does because he doesn't hide the fact that he's a fan. all his articles are from a perspective of a fan, not a journalist. and as a fan, its really easy to relate and enjoy his writing. i also like that he's not afraid to go against the grain and distance himself from "old media" perspectives

simmons has always been a duncan fan and a quasi spurs fan, in addition to a laker hater. so spurfans will naturally have an affinity to him
    my hate for him has nothing to do with sports. He's a

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Bill Simmons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons is a great read but horrible to watch on TV, imo

The 6th is coming... will_spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons is good only when Boston is irrelevant. Fortunately Boston has rarely been relevant during his career, but it was still enough to waste quite a few years of it. As soon as the rebuilding process there ends, he's going full re again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like that he's a fan first....Simmons is alright with me. I remember one NBA Finals Spurs/Heat pre-game show where he somehow sneaked in Patriots, Celtics, and Bruins references all in about a 5 minute span. Pretty impressive If you ask me....

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm surprised that got actually managed to write a paragraph about Duncan without mentioning how butthurt he still is about that draft.
    I think this is where the perceived Spur hate comes from. He doesn't really hate the Spurs...he just can't let go of what could've been in Boston.

Thread Information