My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You just cant make that ing call with 13 sec in a playoff game. They have ruined the game with pussy Paul's flopping. You call that but Fischer getting a piggyback ride from Barry in '08 is not called?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It can happen and it happened. This is not 0.4, the '12 OKC series or even something from the '13 Finals.

Let it go!
    Last edited by mudyez; 05-05-2015 at 03:11 AM.

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Let it go! let it go!

It just a pain to see Porker, Splitter and Manu struggle any longer.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What can't happen is having paul and griffin combine for 2/14 shooting at halftime and the game is still tied on your home floor.

Or game 7 where paul misses 10 minutes and the Spurs can't capitalize for jack.

Can't have the one mismatch you do have in this series go 14/44 in his last 3 games or have a coach who insists on giving the majority of the minutes to a washed up PG.

Spurs screwed up way too many golden opportunities. Even choked a 5 point lead that could've been extended to more if Parker didn't make bonehead play after bonehead play. Clippers made the big shots while the Spurs either took poor shots in crunch time or turned the ball over.

That was the most disheartening thing of all, not the refs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yep, Spurs up 3-2 and absolutely BLEW the next two games, not the refs or whiny-ass- CP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Clippers shot the lights out in Game 7.

14-27 from three. That's why they won.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it were a lesser star, sure. Matt Barnes doesn't deserve that call. But cp3, league hero, a guy who gave 110% and was the best player in game 7? A master flopper no less? Yeah he'll get a call. It's not stern's league anymore but star players still know refs and refs know them.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You just cant make that ing call with 13 sec in a playoff game. They have ruined the game with pussy Paul's flopping. You call that but Fischer getting a piggyback ride from Barry in '08 is not called?
    That's the importance of homecourt advantage. The higher seed will usually get the calls that can decide a series. It's why only one lower seeded team has ever won the le.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not saying for one sec we deserved to win but for that call to be that big in that great of a series is a shame

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hit your free throws and layups, and it doesn't matter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes it can, Pop ruined game 6 by not making respect our homecourt blowing a totally winnable game, and with the overall lack of interest some players had this is the best we can get.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barry in '08 is not called
    This.

I think it was a borderline call and not one you make. Spurs would have had the ball with a chance to win in regulation on the last shot, but the call was made and they tied it back up.

BUT, nobody can say with a straight face that the CP3 foul was a foul and Barry didn't get impeded by Fisher. Can't have it both ways. But I guess that's the breaks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That call mattered. Stop with the if we did this and that nonsense..bottom line with all that said and done we should've had a shot to end it or go to OT. Unlike most teams Spurs just let it go..series shouldn't come down to that. Clippers had their chances to make the series shorter but it didn't happen...but they got a gift. If it was a drive to the basket fine I can maybe live with that..but a falling down fade away??? And you wait to see if he missed to make the call? that lol

Great series...terrible way for it to end.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At the end of the day, Spurs made too many mistakes that cost them the series. Should've capitalized on Game 6.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It can happen and it happened. This is not 0.4, the '12 OKC series or even something from the '14 Finals.

Let it go!
    This. One call, it. Its not nearly as insulting as the 2012 OKC vs SA WCF fix.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What can't happen is having paul and griffin combine for 2/14 shooting at halftime and the game is still tied on your home floor.

Or game 7 where paul misses 10 minutes and the Spurs can't capitalize for jack.

Can't have the one mismatch you do have in this series go 14/44 in his last 3 games or have a coach who insists on giving the majority of the minutes to a washed up PG.

Spurs screwed up way too many golden opportunities. Even choked a 5 point lead that could've been extended to more if Parker didn't make bonehead play after bonehead play. Clippers made the big shots while the Spurs either took poor shots in crunch time or turned the ball over.

That was the most disheartening thing of all, not the refs.
    Very very true. +1000. The officiating in the end was rough, but it took a whole lot of bull from the Spurs to even get to that point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At the end of the day, Spurs made too many mistakes that cost them the series. Should've capitalized on Game 6.
    True. Game 6 was painful, and Kawhi had a bad game 6 and game 7. Not blaming him for the series, because you can't play great every game (even Timmy, who was mostly excellent), but that was the real disappointment to me. It's no longer surprising when Manu and Tony and Green are erratic, I just didn't expect Kawhi to go so cold. But in the end it was CP and Blake who played absolutely great and got the job done. Respect.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True. Game 6 was painful, and Kawhi had a bad game 6 and game 7. Not blaming him for the series, because you can't play great every game (even Timmy, who was mostly excellent), but that was the real disappointment to me. It's no longer surprising when Manu and Tony and Green are erratic, I just didn't expect Kawhi to go so cold. But in the end it was CP and Blake who played absolutely great and got the job done. Respect.
    Fair enough, but people here use Parker's "bad" G6 of 2013 against him as the reason why we lost the series (and he went for 19 / 8 / 3 / 2 with no turnovers and was +8 with the game-tying 3 and the go-ahead bucket, both with under 2:00 left...but he had a bad shooting night).

Kawhi went for 12 points, 4 turnovers and was -20 in game 6 on 3/15 shooting (Parker never shot 20% in those games). Then he went 5/13 for 13 points in game 7.

There are only a few people in NBA history who are immune from having a bad game in a G6 or G7 and one of them happens to be Tim Duncan. We are trying to hold Kawhi or Parker to his standards and they'll never be close to the same player he was (career-wise).

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fair enough, but people here use Parker's "bad" G6 of 2013 against him as the reason why we lost the series (and he went for 19 / 8 / 3 / 2 with no turnovers and was +8 with the game-tying 3 and the go-ahead bucket, both with under 2:00 left...but he had a bad shooting night).

Kawhi went for 12 points, 4 turnovers and was -20 in game 6 on 3/15 shooting (Parker never shot 20% in those games). Then he went 5/13 for 13 points in game 7.

There are only a few people in NBA history who are immune from having a bad game in a G6 or G7 and one of them happens to be Tim Duncan. We are trying to hold Kawhi or Parker to his standards and they'll never be close to the same player he was (career-wise).
    Leonard led the team in Turnovers, not Parker. Leonard was outplayed by Tim, Patty, Boris, and possibly Marco. Probably not even debatable that Green/Leonard did more for Clippers wins than Spurs wins. Watching KL up is something that some fans are getting used to. not me. Worst thing that could happen to KL, just like Parker, is the finals MVP early in a career. Now there's too much irrelevant chatter to cut/trade/acknowledge he played like a girl.... Much like the overrating Splitter's defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I noticed that in the Pop post-season Q and A he made it a point to reference Kawhi's need for consistency as something he needed to work on in the future. He specifically talked about the need to be bring it consistently "on offense and defense" as something that Kawhi was going to need to improve in the future.

I think you are right that only the Tim Duncans of the universe bring it consistently. As Spurs fans, we have been so spoiled by Duncan's consistency that we now seem to expect in young players (Kawhi) and not-so-young (Parker). This whole team this year was inconsistent (with the exception of Duncan), and I think Pop's Q and A responses regarding mental fatigue reflected his awareness of that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or beat the pelicans imo tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or beat the pelicans imo tbh
    Pop saved Monty Williams job but cost us the championship.

Thread Information