My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...congratulations to the Clippers!

Nobody deserved to be eliminated but somebody had to go home.

Aside from the Hawks I gotta root for you guys the rest of the way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watching the game again should only hammer the point home we got hosed by the refs at the end with the foul call against TD and the Clips getting a second chance to see what play we were gonna run at the end. The better team did not advance but we'll definitely be back. This run is NOT over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watching the game again should only hammer the point home we got hosed by the refs at the end with the foul call against TD and the Clips getting a second chance to see what play we were gonna run at the end. The better team did not advance but we'll definitely be back. This run is NOT over.
    Thats what I'm trying to say: The Clips deserved it.

There have been questionable calls on both side (not that I was complaining but two BigBaby fouls on Duncan seemed to be pretty bogus...Manus three freethrows as well)...later Tim himself said that it was a foul of him on CP3 (basically the Bruce Bowen rule) and even if not, I'm pretty sure Tim got the call on the succeeding posession because the refs felt like they had to give something back. As for the clock thing: The Spurs still had another timeout. End of story.

Would the Spurs have deserved it as much as the Clips? Sure!
    Could we have closed out the series earlier? Yes!
    Was it about the refs? No!

We have been the sore losers other times and I often felt like we got robbed myself (0.4, '12, even '13) but this time there are no hard feelings at all.
    Last edited by mudyez; 05-04-2015 at 02:04 PM.

My Team
    Indiana Pacers
    Post Count
    The spurs were lucky to force a game 7. The clips should of won in 5 if not for bone head plays by griffin and jordan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and even if not, I'm pretty sure Tim got the call on the succeeding posession because the refs felt like they had to give something back. As for the clock thing: The Spurs still had another timeout. End of story.
    That did not make up for the other. At that point, the possessions were screwed up with Spurs having to score and the Clippers getting last possession.

Spurs should have had the ball with a tie score and the chance to hold for last shot. Either a win or overtime.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs left 57 points at the FTL during the series, FIFTY SEVEN.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was wondering when someone would point this out. I'm not surprised that DMC was first to the plate.

For you non math majors, that's 8 points per game.

you're a phony Holden_Caulfield's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they were the better team. they deserved the win. one of a series.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I disagree. The Clippers soundly outplayed the Spurs in Games 1, 4, and 6, while the only game the Spurs controlled was Game 3. Games 2 and 5 were pretty lucky wins, while Game 7 was the only Clippers win you could begin to call lucky. I'm satisfied the better team won, which is why I'm not so pissed about the New Orleans loss anymore. There was no way the Spurs were avoiding the Clippers in the half of the bracket they were in, and homecourt wouldn't have mattered just like it never did this series had they matched up in the second round instead with the Spurs the 2 seed.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Our nemesis for as long as I can remember--poor shooting from the line.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was wondering when someone would point this out. I'm not surprised that DMC was first to the plate.

For you non math majors, that's 8 points per game.

I pointed it out in a dedicated thread days ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watched it again and these were some of the things that stuck out to me:

-I felt good for Paul in a weird way after what he said to Duncan.

-That said, he gets away with so many push-offs. It's ridiculous. On the Patty Mills play, he hit him in the stomach twice to send him back so he could get the uncontested 3. On the last play of the game, he pushed off on Green three different times. I can't believe the refs didn't catch more of this during the series (or the moving screens).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watched it again and these were some of the things that stuck out to me:

-I felt good for Paul in a weird way after what he said to Duncan.

-That said, he gets away with so many push-offs. It's ridiculous. On the Patty Mills play, he hit him in the stomach twice to send him back so he could get the uncontested 3. On the last play of the game, he pushed off on Green three different times. I can't believe the refs didn't catch more of this during the series (or the moving screens).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, that broke my brain.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they were the better team. they deserved the win. one of a series.
    Pretty much. It's surprising we capitalized how we did, but we didn't deserve it because we blew two big chances at home to seize the advantage of the series and even win the damn thing.

Not to mention the final game against New Orleans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty much. It's surprising we capitalized how we did, but we didn't deserve it because we blew two big chances at home to seize the advantage of the series and even win the damn thing.

Not to mention the final game against New Orleans.
    The final game in New Orleans was the litmus test that showed Spurs weren't potent without a healthy Tiago. if Tiago and Parker were healthy and in shape, Spurs probably repeat.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The final game in New Orleans was the litmus test that showed Spurs weren't potent without a healthy Tiago. if Tiago and Parker were healthy and in shape, Spurs probably repeat.
    82. That's it. Season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Spurs would have played better the deeper into the playoffs they go so I am not so sure that playing the Clippers in round two would have the same ending. However, that is not what happened. Clippers played great and deserved to win the series. Hopefully the Spurs can find a power forward in the draft that is athletic enough to help out on the rebounds and defending guys like Jordan and Blake. The Spurs are going to be hurting next year against athletic bigs like this unless they can get some help. Diaw can play so many players but he can't match up with athleticism.

Parker needs to drop about 15 pounds. I am not saying he is overweight but the older you get, the lighter you need to be if you want to keep up with NBA speed. Tim has been so good because he has slimmed down so much.

I would be happy with Manu coming back one year and playing limited minutes throughout the year 10-12 minutes a game would be good.

I hate that Pop stole Anderson's rookie year. I don't think he would have been a difference maker but we need youth and he should have been with the team more. I hope he continues to develop and because a legitimate backup to Lenard.

Time to part ways with Cory if they can get a good draft pick. A high second round pick would be good enough for me.

Time to let Ayers and Bonner go. They are done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed! Spurs robbed! How is it that Kawhi does not get free throws getting hit by Barnes & Jordan throws hits him with his hip while Kawhi is in the air! Deliberating nudged him so that he can get hurt! Should be a flagrant! Of course, no calls only for flopper Paul!

Thread Information