Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still not sure how good Kerr really is. Was inherited an already-dangerous and young team and cribs a lot from Pop and the Spurs system. He's good no doubt but he's not as good as we may think.
    Their offense is night and day better with Kerr over Jackson as the only major change from last year, and their defense still stayed as good.

I may or may not care. monkeypunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't know why you guys would want LA over Splitter. If Tiago can stay healthy like last year, we are strong defensively. D aint Lamarcus's thing...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Their offense is night and day better with Kerr over Jackson as the only major change from last year, and their defense still stayed as good.
    And they're more disciplined despite still thumping their chests, showboating, and talking during and toward the end of games. So, I'll give Kerr credit for actually instilling a game plan instead of making rah-rah speeches and saying "hand down, man down" bull .

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't know why you guys would want LA over Splitter. If Tiago can stay healthy like last year, we are strong defensively. D aint Lamarcus's thing...
    LMFAO

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love defense and usually place it first, second, third, fourth, so yeah, I'm defense first, offense second. Balancing the two is probably the best way to go though. Having a top 5 offense and defense is the best approach IMO. I've come around to offense a lot more these past few seasons. I've never seen a starting big on a Championship team as soft as Splitter is in the post. Guards can shut him down on offense. He's that weak and soft down there a lot of the time. He's shown glimpses of toughness and physical play before down low, but he just never seems to be able to sustain it for more than a few games in a row. I like his defense a lot, but I don't think I can take his weak play down low much longer. Aldridge is a superior post player and he hardly ever goes down there. I'm also not sure I trust Splitter to not be a pussy and sit out tons of games with nagging injuries. I'm also intrigued by how the offense can open up with Aldridge's mid-range jump shot and possible addition of a 3 point shot. I think that would go great with Kawhi and Tim's games.

It's absolute bull that Tim still has to carry the big men rotation at his current age. If he comes back, he needs help and not players that he still has to carry. I wasn't too interested in Aldridge because of his not so great defense and lack of post game/willingness to go inside more, but this team really, really needs someone that can help Tim out.

If Tim has to carry the big man rotation again, I don't think he'll come back. I mean, if Splitter decides to sit out again next season with nagging injuries and Tim is again the only big man worth a darn on the roster, I don't think he'd be too excited about having to go through that again. Who knows, if he didn't have to wear himself out in the first two months of the season, he may have been even better in the playoffs than he was. He's that good, but it's not fair to keep asking him to carry the big man rotation at his age.

Bottom line, I'm not happy with Splitter's physical toughness, mental toughness or durability against minor injuries. I do like his defense and like him as a person, but his weak play on the court puts me off.
    Last edited by Ice009; 05-04-2015 at 08:26 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ter is worse than Nesterovic, who at least played defense and was tough

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Splitter is 5% the player LA is.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think spurs can help LMA become a better defender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did this mother er really say Scott brooks would be a good replacement?

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The ride is over.

OMG this sucks.

I hope Tim joins the front office or something. Supposedly, he wants to be near the game, but not on TV.

I think he should be Rudy Gobert's big-man coach...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Come on dude..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He might have a point. As ty as our offense was the bigger problem was defense. A healthy Splitter is a force to be reckoned with on the defensive end.

Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He might have a point. As ty as our offense was the bigger problem was defense. A healthy Splitter is a force to be reckoned with on the defensive end.
    Tiago gives you 30 games a year injury free, the other time he's bleeding from his vag profusely he can't step on the court.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tiago gives you 30 games a year injury free, the other time he's bleeding from his vag profusely he can't step on the court.
    While true he's still effective when he plays. Zbo was skull ing LMA on both sides of the court. Tiago pretty much shuts zbo down. Not to mention his defense on LMA and Dirk during our last le run.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While true he's still effective when he plays. Zbo was skull ing LMA on both sides of the court. Tiago pretty much shuts zbo down. Not to mention his defense on LMA and Dirk during our last le run.
    There is a shortage of help defense in Portland, if Bonner can create problems for Z-bo spurs staff can come up with a way for Aldridge to be effective defensively on the block if he's in that PF position. His offensive prowess is worth the consideration, the fact that he can hit that jumper and spread the floor a little. if Tim comes back thats a potent Hi Lo action.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is a shortage of help defense in Portland, if Bonner can create problems for Z-bo spurs staff can come up with a way for Aldridge to be effective defensively on the block if he's in that PF position. His offensive prowess is worth the consideration, the fact that he can hit that jumper and spread the floor a little. if Tim comes back thats a potent Hi Lo action.
    He choked hard in the playoffs though. Like Tony Parker type choke.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He choked hard in the playoffs though. Like Tony Parker type choke.
    I understand where you're coming from but you gotta think of the players around you that can ease the pressure when you're forced to play 40 minutes a game next to Chris Kaman and Robin Lopez you're going to have some seriously ty nights against premier bigs in the west especially memphis but consider who else he plays against in the West. He can get his against LAC, GS and OKC and I don't see him taking 25 shots a game or playing 35 minutes on average under the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10:20 on TP: "I can tell you he already knows what he wants to do...with his body...for next season"

Thread Information