Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Height: 6-5
    Weight: 196
    DOB: 5/24/1996
    Team: Sky Pinheiros

The guy is really raw in many aspects, but has an insane reach and pretty good ballhandling abilities already. He'll probably need a couple years at least before rotation minutes, but I think he can be worth the investment.
    Last edited by Chinook; 05-11-2015 at 11:28 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's my guy right there. Don't stash him; stick him in Austin like you did to CoJo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dammit. I was going to post this, but thought I'd jinx it. He's a WAY better raw prospect than Delon Wright. He's got Kawhi hands and a wingpan that is an eyelash short of 7 foot, to go with his 6'6" height in shoes. He's a good ball handler, and has a decent shot already, he's just REALLY raw and hasn't played high level ball yet. He is going to be a BEAST on defense. If he were playing high level ball, like Euroleague, he'd be a lottery prospect.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has a pretty nice stroke, and keeps the ball in front of him, unlike Kawhi and Kyle when they got here, who both ed the ball back behind their heads, flattening their shots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Lucas is such an intriguing prospect, will he still even be on the board by the time the Spurs draft? I remember how we all wanted Gobert a couple of years ago, only to have the Jazz get him one spot before us. Same with Batum in 2008.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think Lucas will still be on the board when the Spurs pick for the same reason why Anderson was. Dude has too much talent not to take a chance on. The only saving grace in this is that he had a poor NHS. That might help him fall. As I said in another thread, it's possible that a team like the Spurs asked him to dog the event in exchange for a promise. With a good summit, I think he would have definitely been slotted as a early post-lottery pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i like this guy too. his upside on defense is what intrigues me most.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Lucas is such an intriguing prospect, will he still even be on the board by the time the Spurs draft? I remember how we all wanted Gobert a couple of years ago, only to have the Jazz get him one spot before us. Same with Batum in 2008.
    He's REALLY raw, and played low level ball. That's the only reason he might. Gobert and Batum played in the French league, probably second only to Spain in terms of compe ion and respect.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Measured 6'5 1/2 inches and 197lbs with a 7ft reach at the combine. You knew the measurables were going to be there, so this is just further confirmation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What DX says about him specifically...

-George Lucas: The young Brazilian guard largely matched his Nike Hoop Summit measurements. Standing 6'4.5 without shoes with a 7' wingspan, Lucas has outstanding size for a player who spends time at the point guard position. De Paula is pretty much the same size as Marshon Brooks was coming out of Providence, except he plays exclusively at the point and not on the wing like Brooks. Brooks measured 6'4.25 without shoes with a 7'1 wingspan and a 195-pound frame. De Paula has an impressive frame in his own right tipping the scales at 197 pounds with a very low 6.7% body fat ratio, finished 7th in hand width and 2nd in hand length among all players here (largely surrounded by power forwards and centers on the list), and is still only 18. Needless to say, he's one of the most unique physical specimens at the point guard position in this draft, or any draft for that matter. It's safe to say that NBA teams will be watching him very very closely the next few days.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com/#ixzz3a4mL1A00
    http://www.draftexpress.com

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like him and he should be the best possible player that Spurs can draft

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    High reward draft. Spurs will draft him based on potential; he's very, very raw.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alex Kennedy @AlexKennedyNBA
    Basketball Insiders chats with George de Paula (also known as George Lucas) at the 2015 NBA Draft Combine: basketballinsiders.com/george-de-paul…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That guy is super shy, even though being forced to speak English may do that. He mentions he interviewed with the Spurs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy makes perfect sense for the Spurs. It actually makes Tony's contract more palatable. A transition to Tony playing fewer minutes and saving his body. He plays in Austin for a year (getting called up for minutes whenever Tony gets hurt), becomes a bench contributor the next year and is starting PG by the end of the 3rd year. He sounds like he can guard 2's. I think this is their man if available.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That guy is super shy, even though being forced to speak English may do that. He mentions he interviewed with the Spurs.
    Did Tiago translate?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It may make sense for SPURS to trade down to early second round (say get the 2 picks from 76ers) to draft George Paula and Timothe Luwawu together, if SPURS are serious in creating cap space for a max FA.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would look at Andrew Harrison as well there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lucas makes a lot of sense as a long term prospect. If the Spurs want to maximize cap space, it's the likeliest of picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would be nice for the Spurs to buy a pick to use for Lucas. Maybe Minny would be willing to part with their second second-rounder for cash/some non-Bertans/LJC/Thomas prospect.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watched him play, he has the physical attributes of Kawhi; length, body type, movement, stance, etc., but the mentality of Manu; careless, TO prone, bad shots, etc.
    Potentially a defensive gem, needs to work on his shooting mechanics though (c/o Chip).
    Worth a look, a high reward gamble for the Spurs.
    NBA comparison: Avery Bradley

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At the Eurocamp in Treviso:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As a brazilian I'd love to see him drafted by the Spurs because they can give him the best opportunity to fulfill his potential. Specially if he's brought to Austin as soon as he is drafted... I think that's the ideal situation since he would get playing time and get to workout with spurs trainers.
    Drafting and stashing him in the brazilian league is a waste of time because he wouldn't get much playing time and the coaches/trainers aren't nearly as good as the spurs' ones.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alex Kennedy @AlexKennedyNBA
    George de Paula is 6'6 PG with 7'0 wingspan and the largest hands ever measured for a PG. Oh, and he's 18 years old: basketballinsiders.com/nba-pm-who-is-…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=ace3g;8037907]Alex Kennedy @AlexKennedyNBA
    George de Paula is 6'6 PG with 7'0 wingspan and the largest hands ever measured for a PG. Oh, and he's 18 years old: basketballinsiders.com/nba-pm-who-is-…

Would he be Klaw2???

Thread Information