Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weird, I haven't had any issues so far
    Apparently patch 1.03 makes a huge difference in performance. That video was done before it was out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For anyone with an Nvidia card who doesn't have Witcher 3, don't install the newest drivers for Witcher 3. They have been crashing like crazy in Chrome for me the last couple of days since installing. I thought maybe I had a bitcoin miner installed, since my GPU usage would climb to 100% for a second or two and then I'd get a blackscreen and a message the driver crashed. But the GPU usage never goes up like that when Chrome isn't being used, so I doubt that's it. Turns out lots of people are getting driver crashes in Chrome with this specific driver.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 05-27-2015 at 03:47 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weird, I haven't had any issues so far
    You think Witcher 2 is a must before playing this?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I personally finished witcher 2 before getting witcher 3, but I don't think it's absolutely necessary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I personally finished witcher 2 before getting witcher 3, but I don't think it's absolutely necessary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just started playing through Witcher 2.. Installed the texture overhaul along with the new textures on the weapons. The combat is kinda meh, and not being able to decapitate or dismember sucks. Dying Light ruined every game that doesn't feature that for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think they did it just for console players. There are a lot of pc gamers still running with 560s, 7770s, etc etc

Why release a game that can only run on the highest of end PCs?
    C'mon, any PC remotely recent can run basically any new game. There aren't any new games I can think of that aren't playable on average systems. It's all a matter of settings. If you are someone trying to game on a 470 and a Pentium II processor in 2015, then obviously gaming on PC isn't for you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    C'mon, any PC remotely recent can run basically any new game. There aren't any new games I can think of that aren't playable on average systems. It's all a matter of settings. If you are someone trying to game on a 470 and a Pentium II processor in 2015, then obviously gaming on PC isn't for you.
    You still need to make a Ubisoft exception tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the 352.86 driver for Witcher 3. 's crashing my 970 all the time in Chrome and I get worse performance in GTA V than with the April 350.12 driver, so I rolled back to 350.12. Nvidia is usually pretty awesome with their drivers as long as your card is current gen, but these new ones ing suck.

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Held off as long as I could, but I picked it up today.

Game is a lot tougher than I expected.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Held off as long as I could, but I picked it up today.

Game is a lot tougher than I expected.
    Same with Witcher 2.. I haven't broken a controller yet, but I might after getting good and liquored up.

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    So far, I am enjoying the game. I haven't fallen in love with it. TheTcontrol movements feel jerky to me. I feel like the movements go from a snails pace, to very fast. Reminds me a ton of Vice City

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i can only play this 15 min at a time. doesn't really keep my attention long. combat is pretty boring imo.

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't played any of the other recent open world games like assassins creed or GTA or whatever, so maybe this is just par for the course, but I'm pretty impressed with the sheer volume of content in this game: seemingly endless quests and characters and dialogue, and the world feels lively and huge... one of the very few games I think was completely worth the money, despite it's many oddities, cliche's, and annoyances.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't played any of the other recent open world games like assassins creed or GTA or whatever, so maybe this is just par for the course, but I'm pretty impressed with the sheer volume of content in this game: seemingly endless quests and characters and dialogue, and the world feels lively and huge... one of the very few games I think was completely worth the money, despite it's many oddities, cliche's, and annoyances.
    Nah, Witcher 3 has an enormous amount of content just in the vanilla game, probably comparable to Skyrim + DLC. I haven't played the DLC yet though, so no idea how much that adds. And the game looks amazing if you have a new enough Nvidia card to run HBAO+. It's a lot more content than GTA V.

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    welp, turns out I did everything wrong, got the bad ending. didn't realize the dialog options with ciri were so pivotal. I'm actually kinda depressed about it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    welp, turns out I did everything wrong, got the bad ending. didn't realize the dialog options with ciri were so pivotal. I'm actually kinda depressed about it
    LOL you went in the room to speak to the sorceresses with Ciri didn't you? I got the so-so ending where she became emperor because I followed through on the damn promise to swing by the emperor's place with her before the last battle. But at least Gerald gets to sleep in late with Yen every morning.

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL you went in the room to speak to the sorceresses with Ciri didn't you? I got the so-so ending where she became emperor because I followed through on the damn promise to swing by the emperor's place with her before the last battle. But at least Gerald gets to sleep in late with Yen every morning.
    yeah, and I was indecisive with yen/triss, so that didn't work out either.

2 of the ciri scenes were near the end so it wasn't too long to replay them for the good ending. but that bad ending was way more memorable

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah, and I was indecisive with yen/triss, so that didn't work out either.

2 of the ciri scenes were near the end so it wasn't too long to replay them for the good ending. but that bad ending was way more memorable
    Man that would piss me off to put all that time into the game to get this ending

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Finally finished the game, I think I got the best possible outcomes and Ciri became a witcher. Don't think I'll play any of the DLC any time soon due to boredom. I'm going to move onto Fallout 4 whenever I pick that up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i can only play this 15 min at a time. doesn't really keep my attention long. combat is pretty boring imo.
    Agree with this. Gonna take me years to advance. I revise my grade of this game from 4 stars to 3

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree with this. Gonna take me years to advance. I revise my grade of this game from 4 stars to 3
    Damn man, I remember your ass was really excited by this game when you got your new rig. Too many really tedious side quests make this game start getting old though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh, when you bang the 3 witches, is that a problem when you go back to Kaen Moltar(sp?)????

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh, when you bang the 3 witches, is that a problem when you go back to Kaen Moltar(sp?)????
    You talking about that blonde chick, Triss, and Yennefer? I think you're alright once you get to Kaer Morhen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn man, I remember your ass was really excited by this game when you got your new rig. Too many really tedious side quests make this game start getting old though.
    U still playing it? It's a fun game but yeah just too much tedious and repe ive .

Thread Information