Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're actually spot on about that FF9 is the greatest FF ever imo
    Have you played IV or VI? Those were killer games on the SNES (though they were called II and III).

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Have you played IV or VI? Those were killer games on the SNES (though they were called II and III).
    IV I have but never got around to playing, but VI i've played, one of my favorites as a kid, I used to rent FF3 for my snes from latest and greatest video every friday after school that was my

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They've totally revamped the the fighting mechanics for FF7. Its no longer turn-based. You just hack away. Looks interesting.

Not sure about the episodic method though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually this is more along the lines of Metal Gear Solid reveangence with Raiden. Made by the same studio, too.
    Speaking of MGS, I feel like playing the original PS1 version on epsxe or whatever the it's called.. That opening level was the .. swimming in and getting briefed by the old man.. Good times

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just finished this recently, fantasy stuff is not my cup of tea, didn't like Witcher 2, but really liked this game despite some tedious mechanics. The presentation is excellent, the amount of content is staggering (I probably completed only half the quests / events), the story/character builds are very open, and unexpectedly encountering a powerful monster is simply awesome. Thanks baseline for the recommendation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just finished this recently, fantasy stuff is not my cup of tea, didn't like Witcher 2, but really liked this game despite some tedious mechanics. The presentation is excellent, the amount of content is staggering (I probably completed only half the quests / events), the story/character builds are very open, and unexpectedly encountering a powerful monster is simply awesome. Thanks baseline for the recommendation.
    Which mechanics don't you like? Alchemy and oils and ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless you put in 150+ hours you probably didn't get to half of it man.

Definitely one of the best games this decade.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which mechanics don't you like? Alchemy and oils and ?
    Yeah, the alchemy isn't that bad because you can replenish but reaching the right craftsman / maintaining your stuff is super tedious, I don't know how many times I went up and down the crows perch to make the higher level armor... Later on the dlc's add craftsmen that can do both armor and weapons and are nearer to travel points but in the beginning you spend a lot of time going back and forth, same later on to get some of the higher alchemy ingredients... Theyre not terrible mechanics per se but it does feel more like work than play at times.

I'm scared to look at the stats of how many hours I put in! Don't think I ever spent this much time on a single player game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm scared to look at the stats of how many hours I put in! Don't think I ever spent this much time on a single player game
    You can check it in your inventory screen. The total playing time is at the bottom right.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can check it in your inventory screen. The total playing time is at the bottom right.

Almost 400 hours?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Almost 400 hours?
    Yeah I played the base game for like 200 hours in 2015 when it came out. And then when Blood & Wine came out in 2016 I finished out everything in the base game and the two DLCs for the other 180 hours. 2016 was such a slow year for gaming. Thankfully 2017 looks a lot better.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I played the base game for like 200 hours in 2015 when it came out. And then when Blood & Wine came out in 2016 I finished out everything in the base game and the two DLCs for the other 180 hours. 2016 was such a slow year for gaming. Thankfully 2017 looks a lot better.
    So there wont be any more DLCs coming for it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So there wont be any more DLCs coming for it?
    Nope, they have said the entire Witcher storyline is closed for good and they're moving on to Cyberpunk 2077 (which is why there will be no PS4 Pro patch for Witcher 3).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Decided to man up and look....
    Have 105 hours but also at level 48, though my swords armor etc are like 15% weaker than yours. I have a blood and wine Witcher contract and 2 sidequests still available plus all the gwent and racing stuff, and a bunch of question marks still open in every area but wild orchard...

Only other games I played that much single player were multiple runs, like vampire bloodlines.. That's another impressive thing about this one, no bugs, you can find something before hand and the story adapts without a hitch

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    400 hours is the norm for these type of games.. I had 400 in Skyrim too, and that's never having finished the main quest or any DLC's

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Decided to man up and look....
    Have 105 hours but also at level 48, though my swords armor etc are like 15% weaker than yours. I have a blood and wine Witcher contract and 2 sidequests still available plus all the gwent and racing stuff, and a bunch of question marks still open in every area but wild orchard...

Only other games I played that much single player were multiple runs, like vampire bloodlines.. That's another impressive thing about this one, no bugs, you can find something before hand and the story adapts without a hitch
    Witcher 3 had some nasty bugs early on, as does any kind of big open world game. For instance, my game crashed to desktop probably 3/4 of the time when I stepped out on the balcony to look at the mountains at Kaer Morhen right after taking that bath at the very beginning of the game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, good to wait then because I was amazed I never had any kind of hitch except for once I managed to swim out of the map but I fell right back in it so no harm done. And I did several things out of order, but the game would notify you if that had an irreversible effect, so I reloaded and did it the other way, in order and the way the dialog / storylines adapt is really well done. A lot of times these kind of open end rpgs get game breaking bugs in those situations.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I finally got into this game last November...100 hours in, and I ing love it. Just started the Blood and Wine expansion. Top 10 game of all time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol..I really want to play this game but I dpbt want to exhaust myself by feb/march when I start Horizon dawn.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol..I really want to play this game but I dpbt want to exhaust myself by feb/march when I start Horizon dawn.
    Dont worry. You'll be able to be that game in like 5 hours.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dont worry. You'll be able to be that game in like 5 hours.
    The action adventure + Rpg elements of this game man... .

It looks so good. Aloy sliding into the ground, climbing into huge robots like uncharted, Stealth mechanics like the last of us in an RPG ..

I've also seen footage of damage translated into numbers... .

Almost everything I want in a game is here...I would have loved companions but cant really complain..

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that Cyberpunk 2077 teaser tbh, can't believe it came out like 4 years ago and I'm only seeing it now...

so as far as eagerly anticipated games from reputable studios, there is: Cyberpunk 2077, HL3, and... ?

personal, responsibility
    personal, responsibility
    personal, responsibility
    Last edited by vander; 01-16-2017 at 02:27 AM. Reason: teaser

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that Cyberpunk 2077 teaser tbh, can't believe it came out like 4 years ago and I'm only seeing it now...

so as far as eagerly anticipated games from reputable studios, there is: Cyberpunk 2077, HL3, and... ?

personal, responsibility
    personal, responsibility
    personal, responsibility
    I think an anonymous source within Valve said Half Life 3 is dead. That they tried to do it a couple of times and never got anywhere.

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think an anonymous source within Valve said Half Life 3 is dead. That they tried to do it a couple of times and never got anywhere.
    no surprise there, but if they had any pride they would announce it. them for pretending all this time. glad I haven't purchased a game through steam in a long time.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lost interest or what?

Cant imagine an indie game costing a lot of money to make these days. Specially in the format they make them now.

Thread Information