Believe..I'l Have another Biernutz's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Helio Castroneves flipped his car in a practice run today. He is OK but the flip is spectacular.
    Sorry my Video link is not working and I have pm the mods to find out why, but I get no answer.......
    youtu.be/bQZ0mnJKllU
    Last edited by Biernutz; 05-13-2015 at 07:51 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Instantly thought of this. I do miss those old IRL chassis...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another practice day at Indy and another crash. This time Josef Newgarden

https://youtu.be/THfIvk628eo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Flip numero tres

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IndyCar have changed the regulations at the last minute, now boost levels have been reduced so it's unlikely we'll see qualifying speeds of over 230mph. Shame really but safety first I guess. Ed Carpenter's crash looked eerily similar to Scott Brayton's fatal accident in 1996. Thank God for the HANS device..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    James Hinchcliffe crashed into turn 3 wall at the rate of 125g's. He was running around 228MPH when he lost
    the air over the front wing as he followed another car thru the turn. The car understeered
    straight into the wall. His car slid down the track and turned upside down then turned right side up.
    He broke his left thigh and was taken to the hospital where he had surgery on it.
    * Indy car is looking at all the cars steering linkage as they think Hinchcliffe's broke and sent him into the wall...

https://youtu.be/NlbdpXb3FSg
    Last edited by Biernutz; 05-19-2015 at 02:10 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the wishbone of the front right suspension severed both legs before lodging in Hinchcliffe's pelvis, resulting in massive blood loss.. Won't be seeing Hinchtown in a race car for while unfortunately..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IndyCar told all the teams to use a heavy duty reinforced front linkage rod arms for the Indy 500. When James hit the
    wall the part didn't just break, it bent back in and went through the chassis, where it went through one leg and
    into the other cutting an major vein. He was leaking blood when they rushed him to a hospital minutes
    away from the speedway and plugged the vein till they could repair it. We are only getting bits of information about
    his condition. I have read that he also injured his pelvis. You can be sure they didn't want the public to know
    just how serious this accident was to be in the news just days before the race. James is not expected to get back
    in a car again in the near future. 15 or 20 years ago he probably would not have survived the crash..........

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    James Hinchcliffe is doing a lot better than expected. He posted a pic of him walking
    down the hospital hallway. This is good news considering how serious his injury's were.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A Chevrolet will probably win today because of the practice airborne crashes by their cars aero packages.
    No Honda's flipped into the air the whole month at the speedway because Honda worked the back end of
    the cars to prevent that from happening. IndyCar has slowed the cars down for safety but this has slowed the
    Honda's down even further because they have more drag than the Chevrolet's. Honda talked about parking
    their cars but decided to race for the good of the series. A Chevrolet will win today but it will be a hollow
    victory..........

http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/11...s-held-us-back

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Penske vs Penske,

Montoya vs Power

Winner =

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honda has only one car in the first 12 IndyCar points. Honda completely missed on
    their body kits for this years cars. This years body work is supposed to be locked
    in place but Honda is looking to invoke a rule 9.3 that allows IndyCar to help a
    manufacture to be compe ive. This is looking serious for the Honda teams where
    the teams may not get sponsors for next year.....

http://www.racer.com/more/viewpoints...e-for-rule-9-3

Thread Information