Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From what i saw this year imo bitadze is better overall. He can score, block, shoot.

Nikola can block shot or shoot ball but he didn’t do it much.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Question for international fans who do you think is better and who do you think would be a better fit for the Spurs Nikola VS Goga Bitazde??
    I haven't watched any full games of Bitadze this season.

But from what I saw last year and the highlights this year, Bitadze has a much better shooting touch and is a scorer.

Milutinov is a crusher. He'll crush guys on picks, crush the boards, crush when he finishes.

Milutinov doesn't need the ball and has to play off others, a supporting player.

Bitadze might need the ball more to be effective, but he has more stretch and ball skills

If drafted, Bitadze probably has a better chance to get signed regardless of fit. The cap management has painted the Spurs into a corner, they only have the mle to sign anyone, and any free agent SF will probably take up enough of the mle that there won't be enough to pay Milutinov a salary like he already gets

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I kinda agree about not being able to sign Nikola and if that is the case Spurs should use him to move up in this years draft. I also think if Goga or Fernando are available the Spurs should draft one of these players.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't watched any full games of Bitadze this season.

But from what I saw last year and the highlights this year, Bitadze has a much better shooting touch and is a scorer.

Milutinov is a crusher. He'll crush guys on picks, crush the boards, crush when he finishes.

Milutinov doesn't need the ball and has to play off others, a supporting player.

Bitadze might need the ball more to be effective, but he has more stretch and ball skills

If drafted, Bitadze probably has a better chance to get signed regardless of fit. The cap management has painted the Spurs into a corner, they only have the mle to sign anyone, and any free agent SF will probably take up enough of the mle that there won't be enough to pay Milutinov a salary like he already gets
    Agree with you, imo giga has the talent to be a really good Player and Nikola a really good role Player/ starter. I talk about talent/potential.

For Nikola i don't know how much he makes at olympiakos but maybe we could sign him with the BAE ( nearly 3,5)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the BAE is limited to 2 years. I don't know if that's long enough for him

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes it's only 2 Years and i don't know if it's enough.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing about Bitadze that people praise is his youth, but he's Georgian, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was really already 21 or 22. He's producing big but I wouldn't expect some exponential growth just based on his listed age

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he changes a lot in 1/2 year. Just look at some highlights With his previous team and this year. He is in a better shape and growing well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are the main issues with signing Nikola? I surmise it is financial, but can someone break it down into fine detail? Are there issues with his fit on the team? Would he create spacing issues? TIA

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To me White changes everything in that before him (True PG) we didn’t not have anyone who could create easy dunks for our bigs. So if our bigs had no outside shooting ability they were pretty much only getting offense on put backs and cleaning the boards. But White plays that cat and mouse game you either let him dribble in for a easy post or you double him which he now exploits by passing to big for easy dunks.

Most posters will will say that no need for for old style bigs which there is some truth to it but I find it funny every top team in the NBA is making runs at centers just look at Bucks with Gasol. So yeah call me old school but I think we need another center now that Gasol is gone.

The issue with Nikola is we waited to long to bring him over and now he is making money so the contract he wants is not one we wanted to make. Also add that Gasol would have cried has we bought him over as he wants to play all the time even when he is sucking.

I don’t watch enough international ball to say who is a better fit for our team but what I like about both players is that they play with a little at ude. They will not back down from a fight and both are pretty physical players which I like.

But I would imagine we would bring in someone who is a little different then Poodle so Goga is a better shooter but yet Nikola plays more physical which is not Poodles strength.
    Last edited by BackHome; 03-03-2019 at 08:51 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OK, this guy has value. With Aldridge and Poetl already on the roster and the cap space being what it is, it is unlikely we can sign the guy. Can he be packaged for something? Surely some other team would be willing to give up something for his rights and would have the cap space to bring him over?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was a first round pick and is a good player I think he can help us move up in draft or be a good trade piece. Just don’t let him just stay in Europe if we don’t plan on bringing him over then use him in a trade.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is a top 2 center in Europe, he has some value and could be a good C in the nba ( at least a good sub) so I hope if he is not with the spurs next year that we’ll package his rights for something.

He was good last Friday against bitadze team ( who did not play) with a 15 pts (6/7 shooting) 12 rebounds 2 assists 1block.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is a top 2 center in Europe, he has some value and could be a good C in the nba ( at least a good sub) so I hope if he is not with the spurs next year that we’ll package his rights for something.

He was good last Friday against bitadze team ( who did not play) with a 15 pts (6/7 shooting) 12 rebounds 2 assists 1block.
    If he's serviceable big, then maybe the Spurs don't get a center in the draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was that a jump shot??

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man he is looking good I wish we could bring him over hopefully we can work on a deal which both parties are happy with.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man he is looking good I wish we could bring him over hopefully we can work on a deal which both parties are happy with.
    We could have a nice pair of center with him and poetl, Nikola is really good on pick and roll and coulb be decent in the nba.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was that a jump shot??
    LOL

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    poodle looks like he'll be around for some time. it comes down to if PATFO is willing to bank on Eubanks to be the backup, or if they dont trust him and have to pay more for milutinov

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was thinking they might grab Goga in draft but one thing I noticed is that Poodle has a hard time dealing with Physical Centers which Nikola would have no problems with.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Given that the Spurs best starting lineup recently includes both Aldridge and Poeltl, having another big is imperative, IMO. Milutinov would be an ideal guy that could not only play as a really good backup to Poeltl (or take his place as the starter, even), but would also give the Spurs the ability to rest LMA and save him from some of the wear and tear.

I really hope to see him in a Spurs uniform next year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get the sense they'll look to sign Milutinov this off season. The timing is seemingly right on a mul ude of fronts.

Not only does preferring to start Poeltl make the need slightly more pressing, but I doubt they pursue a Ariza, Carroll, etc. type, which would mean they'd have a sizable portion of the MLE available (other part could go to a Cunningham replacement) to offer him.

I expect the rotation to return intact (with the re-integration of Murray, obviously), save for the possibility of
    Forbes being part of a package for either a starting caliber wing or to move up in the draft.
    Last edited by TD 21; 03-25-2019 at 07:42 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get the sense they'll look to sign Milutinov this off season. The timing is seemingly right on a mul ude of fronts.

Not only does preferring to start Poeltl make the need slightly more pressing, but I doubt they pursue a Ariza, Carroll, etc. type, which would mean they'd have a sizable portion of the MLE available (other part could go to a Cunningham replacement) to offer him.

I expect the rotation to return intact (with the re-integration of Murray, obviously), save for the possibility of
    Forbes being part of a package for either a starting caliber wing or to move up in the draft.
    I hope so.

I had been thinking that the MLE would go to an SF or bigger wing but the candidates don't seem to be there anymore. Stanley Johnson who I thought might command a giant part or even full MLE has seen his minutes cut in half since the trade and doesn't look like he'll get that kind of offer based on his current results.

But maybe it does just leave open enough for Milutinov

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am thinking they see Ben Moore as able to play SF and get minutes he should get a cheap deal allowing them to also sign Nikola. That leaves them one slot or two slots if they decide to release Metu but I would not be surprised for one first to be a draft stash.

Thread Information