Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This would be a great move for him. They currently don't have a starting caliber center, so hopefully he'd get a lot of burn and develop. Also he'll play with James Gist!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually, they brought Raduljica yesterday. So, if he come in Pao, will be a 2nd option at center. Anyway, he'll have good minutes there and what to learn from Djordjevic (who is also a coach of Serbian NT).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually, they brought Raduljica yesterday. So, if he come in Pao, will be a 2nd option at center. Anyway, he'll have good minutes there and what to learn from Djordjevic (who is also a coach of Serbian NT).
    Didn't know about Raduljica, thanks for the info. Was hoping they'd be bringing MIlutinov and giving him the starting spot. Oh well. Perhaps he's not ready yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Today in Serbian press appeared information that Efes is interested in Nikola. If he goes there, he'll work with probably 2nd best coach in Europe (Dusan Ivkovic). Efes have start center, veteran, Nenad Krstic (also played for Celtics, Thunder, Nets) who lately has a lot of problems with injuries. So in Efes too, he'd have good minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to eurohoops.net, Nikola Milutinov is near to sign a 3-year deal with Olympiacos Pireus (Greece).

Great team Oly with very good caoch Giannis Sfairopoulos. And wherever Nikola goes, for sure that will be one of top Euro teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Strange move. Are they getting rid of Hunter? Hopefully Milutinov doesn't find himself as the 3rd choice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any news on this guy?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He had some injury (nothing so serious), and didn't start season. Don't know if is he ready now. If he isn't, will be soon, for sure.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is he playing, or still injured?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think that he recently started.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watched one of the above Vids above it seems they like to run the pick and roll with him so at least that is a good thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Milutinov waiting in the wings, one has to wonder whether Boban figures in the Spurs' long-term plans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Milutinov waiting in the wings, one has to wonder whether Boban figures in the Spurs' long-term plans.
    I don't see why they both couldn't be a part of the team's future. By the time Nikola is ready to contribute, Tim will probably be gone. There are no other bigs the team has invested in, except maybe Cady.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, why does he barely play in Olympiacos? Don't really know much about the team or the current state of the Euroleague.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does this guy have any chance of coming over if Tim hangs it up?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does this guy have any chance of coming over if Tim hangs it up?
    he'll come over if/when he's good enough, not necessarily hinging on whether or not duncan is around. he has a ways to go, but he's still 21

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, is he a long term project that won't come over for more than a few years (Splitter - realizing that Tiago stayed overseas more so for money concerns than development) or can we expect him to be here in a year or two? I like that his game is reminiscent to Tiago and if Timmy retires that is an element we will sorely need, IMHO.
    Last edited by J_Paco; 02-02-2016 at 11:24 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From what I've seen I like the way he moves in spaces, sets picks, pulls defenders on offense, solid mobility on D, etc. In that way I think the Splitter comparison is fair.

If Tim hangs them up I don't see why he doesn't come. With West, LMA, and Boris it's not like the Spurs are hurting for interior offensive production in the immediate term.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I watched him play today on ESPN 3. He's definitely mobile. Plays physical. Good finisher around the rim. He's a role player. Blue collar guy that does the little things. He hustles and plays with high energy. Good rebounder and relentless on the boards. Just watching him do what he does there, I don't see why he can't do the same thing here. I mean he's never gonna be a star player but he has starting potential as a role player. He's a willing screener, actively picking and rolling multiple times if need be. Could be a great fourth big as well. He looks like a keeper. Does a lot of fundamental things and doesn't really rely on physical attributes. Works for what he gets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I watched him play today on ESPN 3. He's definitely mobile. Plays physical. Good finisher around the rim. He's a role player. Blue collar guy that does the little things. He hustles and plays with high energy. Good rebounder and relentless on the boards. Just watching him do what he does there, I don't see why he can't do the same thing here. I mean he's never gonna be a star player but he has starting potential as a role player. He's a willing screener, actively picking and rolling multiple times if need be. Could be a great fourth big as well. He looks like a keeper. Does a lot of fundamental things and doesn't really rely on physical attributes. Works for what he gets.
    "Sounds like a Splitter clone"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Sounds like a Splitter clone"
    Tons younger than Splitter.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He seems to fit the bill in the post TD era. We already have to post dominant players in LMA and Loenard so really what we need at C is a guy that does the dirty work and is smart in doing so (e.g., oberto, splitter)

Thread Information