Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He seems to fit the bill in the post TD era. We already have to post dominant players in LMA and Loenard so really what we need at C is a guy that does the dirty work and is smart in doing so (e.g., oberto, splitter)
    With Boban around that should help ease Nikola's transition to the US/NBA, but more so in the sense that Pop can give him the "1 year Tiago treatment

." Letting him learn on the bench and in the D - League.
    Last edited by J_Paco; 06-25-2016 at 11:04 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Started against CSKA but only played 4 minutes due to foul trouble and generally being terrible. Not that incredible for a young big to have games like this, but he looks at least 2 years away.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds about right

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One win away from a le...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boban insurance this year, otherwise I think they let him cook one more year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Got the Greece tiltle with Olympiacos but still a garbage player, got outplayed by 18 yo...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you mean Papagiannis they were pretty close in the last game I saw, Papagiannis scored on Milutinov twice and Milutinov scored on him once.

I've thought about making a draft prospect thread on Papagiannis, he's very similar to Milutinov, but a little bigger and seemingly more explosive.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this guy coming to summer league?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes. Idiot refused to play for Serbia in Olympic because of Summer League.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not like he would have seen any meaningful minutes anyway with Jokic, Raduljica and Stimac around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes. Idiot refused to play for Serbia in Olympic because of Summer League.
    He's probably told there's a legit chance he's brought over. Unlikely but you never know. He wouldn't play much for the national team anyway, so his decision seems logical.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't the Spurs kind of need to bring him over if Tim retires? I'm assuming at this point that were operating w/o cap space, and:

1. The MLE will have to be split among some combo of Pau/West/Boban, which complicates getting more than one of those guys.

2. Bertans will take the LLE

Aside from minimum deals the only other way to fill the need is with the Rookie exception.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not like he would have seen any meaningful minutes anyway with Jokic, Raduljica and Stimac around.
    He's probably told there's a legit chance he's brought over. Unlikely but you never know. He wouldn't play much for the national team anyway, so his decision seems logical.
    Look guys, he got call from Djordjevic (NT head coach) for Olympic qualifying tournament. Stimac didn't. Stimac is the worst center of Serbian NT ever but he is so passionate and dedicated guy, always gives his best for NT, so Dordjevic called him after Nikola refused. Anyway, Milutonov had a good chances to go in Rio and he screw up them.
    U can't talk about minutes in Olympic. How the minutes are relevant when ur playin for Serbia in Rio?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look guys, he got call from Djordjevic (NT head coach) for Olympic qualifying tournament. Stimac didn't. Stimac is the worst center of Serbian NT ever but he is so passionate and dedicated guy, always gives his best for NT, so Dordjevic called him after Nikola refused. Anyway, Milutonov had a good chances to go in Rio and he screw up them.
    U can't talk about minutes in Olympic. How the minutes are relevant when ur playin for Serbia in Rio?
    I get the passion for your home country, but I'm not gonna throw anyone under the bus for not wanting to go to Rio de Janeiro right now. The south side of Chicago is a safer place right now than Rio.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get the passion for your home country, but I'm not gonna throw anyone under the bus for not wanting to go to Rio de Janeiro right now. The south side of Chicago is a safer place right now than Rio.
    That is not the reason, trust me. No one gives a about Zika here, i'm pretty sure. And he said that he will not play because he want to participate in Summer League. If Zika is a truly reason, that's a totaly different story. But in that case of scenario, he should tell that Zika is reason why he don't want to go to Rio, no to lie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is not the reason, trust me. No one gives a about Zika here, i'm pretty sure. And he said that he will not play because he want to participate in Summer League. If Zika is a truly reason, that's a totaly different story. But in that case of scenario, he should tell that Zika is reason why he don't want to go to Rio, no to lie.
    Nah. It's a diplomatic incident to say Zika. That's why none of the American players have actually used that justification. But anyway, the summer league is much better for his career than the Olympics. He can do the next one.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah. It's a diplomatic incident to say Zika. That's why none of the American players have actually used that justification. But anyway, the summer league is much better for his career than the Olympics. He can do the next one.
    Yet he isn't even on the summer league roster?

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yet he isn't even on the summer league roster?
    Milutinov is not on the Utah Summer League roster, a three game round robin.

I have not seen the more significant Las Vegas roster.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A couple of rumors on Twitter the last week or so about Milutinov possibly joining Cvrena Zvezda. Former team of Boban and present team of Dangubic. I presume that Dangubic is still with them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He will probably die if really decide to join Red Star (Crvena Zvezda).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    im guessing this dude isnt coming?

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    Nope. The Spurs notified the league he'd be playing overseas for this year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just wanted to do a quick stats overview for his last couple of seasons. I know that the sample size of games isn't too big for this season but you can definitely see some trends.

Team Season GP MIN FG% FT% REB/36 OREB% DREB% BLK/36 TO/36 PF/36 PTS/36
    Partizan 14-15 57 26 54.9 59.9 10.5 17.7 17.9 1.4 2.1 3.5 13.5
    Olympiacos 15-16 52 11.2 56.7 66.1 9.4 16 16.8 2.3 1.7 7.2 11.9
    Olympiacos 16-17 12 10.8 43.3 69.2 9.7 18.1 14.4 1.4 2.5 7.2 9.7

Source: http://basketball.realgm.com/player/.../Summary/27707

The numbers are the combined stats from Euroleague and domestic league play.

The biggest worry is obviously his fouling. Even Dedmon who is a foul machine "only" averages 6.8 PF per 36. His shooting has also fallen off dramatically but that's mostly because of his dismal domestic league play where he shoots 27.3%, in the Euroleague he shoots 52.6%. That should probably normalize in time. The defensive rebounding is another big concern, for comparison Manu has a DREB% of 14.2%. Lastly his blocks are also down and turnovers are up.

I hope that this is just a big slump for him and that he recovers. But right now it certainly doesn't suggest that he is ready for the NBA next season when the Spurs might need him to replace Dedmon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just wanted to do a quick stats overview for his last couple of seasons. I know that the sample size of games isn't too big for this season but you can definitely see some trends.

Team Season GP MIN FG% FT% REB/36 OREB% DREB% BLK/36 TO/36 PF/36 PTS/36
    Partizan 14-15 57 26 54.9 59.9 10.5 17.7 17.9 1.4 2.1 3.5 13.5
    Olympiacos 15-16 52 11.2 56.7 66.1 9.4 16 16.8 2.3 1.7 7.2 11.9
    Olympiacos 16-17 12 10.8 43.3 69.2 9.7 18.1 14.4 1.4 2.5 7.2 9.7

Source: http://basketball.realgm.com/player/.../Summary/27707

The numbers are the combined stats from Euroleague and domestic league play.

The biggest worry is obviously his fouling. Even Dedmon who is a foul machine "only" averages 6.8 PF per 36. His shooting has also fallen off dramatically but that's mostly because of his dismal domestic league play where he shoots 27.3%, in the Euroleague he shoots 52.6%. That should probably normalize in time. The defensive rebounding is another big concern, for comparison Manu has a DREB% of 14.2%. Lastly his blocks are also down and turnovers are up.

I hope that this is just a big slump for him and that he recovers. But right now it certainly doesn't suggest that he is ready for the NBA next season when the Spurs might need him to replace Dedmon.
    I have never watched this guy play - maybe a clip or two posted on ST. What I know about him is what I read here. But, it seems unbelievable that anybody could expect a guy who can only command 10-11 mins/game playing for Olympiacos to have any impact in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have never watched this guy play - maybe a clip or two posted on ST. What I know about him is what I read here. But, it seems unbelievable that anybody could expect a guy who can only command 10-11 mins/game playing for Olympiacos to have any impact in the NBA.
    Agreed. He looks underwhelming and not ready. Spurs brought him in for summer league and then encouraged him to return to Europe. They must have seen he's clearly not ready. I am distinction in the LJC wait/see in a couple of seasons.

What I don't like is that the same as Livio, he's not playing much in a foreign league, which is not a good sign at all...

Thread Information