Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if they actually sign Printezis
    0% chance. He is definitely re-signing with Olympiacos.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Happy to see he's recovering. Spurs are in an awkward position with him. He hasn't shown enough to have him in the future plans. But he still has enough potential to where he could be a rotation player soon. So should the Spurs hesitate to draft a big? The front court will likely be okay for another year, and Nikola and Cady might have chances to earning a rotation spot. The back court needs new blood, even with Murray. So if the Spurs are at 29 and both Hart and a big like Adebayo or Lessort are there, where does the team go? Should they big a third project big or a rotation-ready two?

Decisions, decisions.
    I think the back court need is greater. Not sure a big man at the 29th pick is going to be more ready than Multinov is now, even if he needs a year riding the pine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the back court need is greater. Not sure a big man at the 29th pick is going to be more ready than Multinov is now, even if he needs a year riding the pine.
    But that's what I'm talking about. Milutinov has been bad enough to where you can't assume he's going to be "ready" to be a rotation player. So if you see a guy like Adebayo who you think will be a rotation player within two years, maybe you go for it. Because center is a long-term need, and this is a draft where you can find a really good one at 29.

However, that decision could bite them in the ass if they pass up on a good perimeter player and Nikola ends up being a good project and the other big never gets a role.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a valid concern of course, I'm just more worried about the backcourt. I feel there is a way forward for the front court in the short term if at least two of Pau/Lee/DD return, and Bertans getting more minutes. The way forward for the backcourt looks bleak if you assume little money to add depth via FA. That is a lot of pressure for Murray to take a big step next year.

Given the depth in this draft I wonder if this is the year to trade back. Would you flip 29 to Philly for 37+39, or even better see if an embattled Orlando FO takes the bait for 33+35? I think I'd do either of those deals.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've watched him, not a lot this year compared to last, but I've watched full games, and I don't think he's been that bad

Not enough to dismiss him as a role player next year anyway. My problems with him are his physicality, he's just not in great shape. He's been worse covering the pick, looks like he has stiffer hips, can't get around like before. He's also weaker in general and gets worked in the post like David Lee, but at least he's taller.

If he can get on the Spurs program instead of the Greek League cigarette diet and workout routine he'll progress a lot, I'm sure of it. He's smart enough, can make all the passes required of Spurs bigs, and has a nose for the ball.

One thing that's made me higher in him recently quite frankly, and should do so for other fans, is the massive success and translation if Adriatic centers in this current generation. Boban was the elite over there and a little older, but look at the other ones:. Jokic, Nurkic, Zubac and Zizic (one day). Quite frankly that region and league has been a gold mine and that generation has been excelling, and Milutinov was right there with them.

I think he'll probably fair better in the NBA than trudging in the Greek League.

The bigger picture issue with him is that he's only one more year away from being free from the rookie scale. Not that he'll be in line for some big payday, but the temptation will be there.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the update. I might watch some of the remaining Euroleague games.

I hope that Milutinov finally comes over for Summer League this offseason. I can't imagine him getting called up to the national team with Jokic, Boban, Raduljica and Kuzmic sitting above him in the center hierarchy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bring him over and let him develop in Austin. Seemed to help LJC more than the euro league.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bring him over and let him develop in Austin. Seemed to help LJC more than the euro league.
    Great write up, thanks. Based on that, I kind of think the Spurs draft for backcourt help this year and roll the dice on him as their big man prospect next year. They can also see what Cady and Livio can offer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could be something there, judging by his passing out of Pick and Roll's. Having a dive man who can finish and pass as well as defend is something we need. Doesn't look mobile enough as Splitter to play the 4 though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah he is a true old type of Center he will hold the middle and get easy baskets around the rim. Only question I have is how is he on defense rebounding and shot blocking?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    has anyone watched Milutinov recently?
    His team is making it to the final in the Euroleague this sunday.

He apparently played well this past game. Just going by tweeter reviews though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Girl's a Hooper keithington1's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is the reason we could pass on drafting a center.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    has anyone watched Milutinov recently?
    His team is making it to the final in the Euroleague this sunday.

He apparently played well this past game. Just going by tweeter reviews though.
    Good scouting. Does he start now and who he play for?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He pops up a couple times in here:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WkzpX1b6dTA Including a nice PnR around 1:55.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    # Player Min Pts 2FG 3FG FT O D T As St To Fv Ag Cm Rv PIR
    11 MILUTINOV, NIKOLA 13:04 5 2/2 1/2 1 1 2 2 3 3 3 5

Nothing to write home about. I only watched the last quarter of the CSKA game and he didn't do much in the 2 minutes he got. I imagine that he will get some decent playing time in the finals to match up with Udoh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I'm not using that line as a reason to pass up on a big if one falls to me. The Spurs are looking for future starters not bit players, and Milutinov is exactly a bit player right now. A lot of people have the Spurs drafting a PG at 29. I think they have a much bigger need for a center than a point guard given the prospects in the pipeline.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I'm not using that line as a reason to pass up on a big if one falls to me. The Spurs are looking for future starters not bit players, and Milutinov is exactly a bit player right now. A lot of people have the Spurs drafting a PG at 29. I think they have a much bigger need for a center than a point guard given the prospects in the pipeline.
    Thie biggest need is a guard imo, a guard who can defend and score. In general i think spurs need players who can score, create their shot.... I Know you're not sold on Mulitinovic but you can't say what he'll be now, his playing lately with Olympiakos is interesting and Euroleague is way harder than NCAA.

Nervetheless i don't mind drafting a good big if someone is there with our 29th pick.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really wanted Zubac last year. Wish we would have made a move for him...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good scouting. Does he start now and who he play for?
    He's a bench player for Olympiacos. I get the impression he's improved through the season.
    That level of compe ion is good for him. They made runs with him in the first half and he played well (by reviews). Since I didn't watch him I was curious.

Its possible that with another season there, he can build on this one, but it's tough to tell what Spurs plans are. He's still very young and developing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Milutinov making an impact here in the first half of the finals. Two successful postups against Udoh so far. On the first one he established position deep in the paint for a tough finish (didn't make the FT for the And-1) and on the second he backup down Udoh from the mid post all the way for an easy hook shot. His post D and effort on the offensive glass have also been good.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Milutinov making an impact here in the first half of the finals. Two successful postups against Udoh so far. On the first one he established position deep in the paint for a tough finish (didn't make the FT for the And-1) and on the second he backup down Udoh from the mid post all the way for an easy hook shot. His post D and effort on the offensive glass have also been good.
    Good game for Mulitinov with 10 pts ( 5/5 2pt) 4 rebounds 1 steal 1 assist 0 to in 14 minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Possibly the best player on his team in a pretty bad game. They were let down by their vets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    looks that he can contribute next year
    he could be the obvious third center (replacing Anthony, who's quite sure out next year) or second center (in case we don't re-up Deadmon).
    the problem: who's gonna be our first center next year? ...cause LMA don't like the role and at this point looks not difficult to see that Pau is no longer an option for that big role...
    however, a three men at center like Deadmon, Pau and Milutinov are imho a lot better than most nba teams

Thread Information